There are no NEWBIES

Mr Mom
on 4/17/11 4:58 am
I agree with all that has been said.

In my other life (hobbies) I belong to some boards/newsgroups and it seems there are always one or two keyboard commandos that need to play the part of the angry troll. It detracts from all the positive energy on the boards and makes people want to quit and go away. Fortunately there are moderators and a code of conduct to limit how much negative fun the trolls can have before they loose their privileges.

Hang in there, and let's all keep it positive. The world serves up more than enough negative crap to overweight people... Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

Mom4Jazz
on 4/17/11 5:05 am
Ya know what? I just appeared on this board and everyone has been great. Guess I'll keep my head low on the other boards!

Surgery tomorrow. I've learned a huge amount from reading here.
kimberly_gr
on 4/17/11 10:28 am
Wow you got on the board just in time! Seriously, good luck tomorrow and let us know how it went for you.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

Libralin
on 4/17/11 5:11 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Hi...I dont know if this is a problem for anyone else..but I cannot add a new post..there is no icon...Also, now, I cant see anyones pics or tickers! I contacted the tech dept..and they seem to think it might be my Firefox browser...I tried downloading Google Chrome like they said to..but its still not working..

Could there be newbies having this problem and thats why you dont see many?
Ulysses
on 4/17/11 8:12 am
Have you tried it with Internet Explorer? It could be anything, but it's not the site - I am a noob and all is working well. I have a MAC and am using firefox.

Try dumping cookies/cache/history from firefox and restarting your computer. It may be a plug in or java issue if the buttons and tickers are not showing...

Either way, try the cookies/cache/history/temp file dump/removal and a restart.
If you CAN view in IE or Safari (other browsers) then it is for sure your Firefox browser.

VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/11 6:52 am
I personally think that people doing this should be kicked out and not allowed back.  The directors of this site should be moderating the boards and not allowing any one person to flame or otherwise mistreat a fellow board member.  As long at this is tolerated people will continue to be treated like crap.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/17/11 7:49 am - Tuvalu

Think about this for a minute.  Board wars cause additional "hits."  The prices of sdvertising on a website are tied to how many "hits" there are.  There is absolutely NO motivation for the owner to cuase the board to be all peaceful and happy because that will make it slow...and cheaper to advertise on and decrease his income.  It's just business.
(deactivated member)
on 4/17/11 7:13 am - Germantown, MD
 Why do you think I rarely step foot outside of the VSG forum? 
aarndt
on 4/17/11 7:44 am
Hello I am new Im just trying to figure out how to navigate. My surgery is April 25th... I will be forty on april26th. I am scared but excited. I look forward to chating with everyone!
kimberly_gr
on 4/17/11 10:27 am
Congratulations on your impending surgery.  This will be an exciting and adventurous time for you.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

Most Active
Recent Topics