Net carbs....

Libralin
on 4/14/11 7:35 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Alot of stuff has Net Carbs on it...They say to take the reg carbs and deduct the sugar alcohol and other stuff to get the true carbs...I forgot to ask my dr about this....Whats the truth?

Birdie55
on 4/14/11 7:56 am
That question was asked on the VSG maintenance board recently, and most of the people who post there count carbs. Not net carbs. We wanted to make sure to keep our carbs low in order to lose as much weight within the first 9 to 12 months when it's easier to lose.

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

USAF Wife
on 4/14/11 8:34 am
I don't trust the manufacturer counts for net carbs (MacMadame put this bug in my ear when I first started out so I ran with it because it made sense). I never bothered with it either. For me, a carb is a carb is a carb, and I just didn't have room for them.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Libralin
on 4/14/11 8:45 am - MorrisCounty, NJ

Just wanted to make sure...Thanks...Because I tried to read the labels on the lowest carb protein bars.....They all seem so high!

Most Active