Hi salad

stephanie507
on 4/13/11 2:02 am - so. plfd, NJ
VSG on 02/09/11 with
Hi guy's ? I am two months out I want to eat salad is that ok now. ? 

M-Lou
on 4/13/11 2:13 am - OH
I just had my pre-op nutrition class, and the dietician said that iceburg and romaine lettuce were okay at about 6 weeks out, but other raw veggies such as carrots, celery, onion, etc.....all the other salad goodies until at least 3 months out.   I know all surgery teams give different recommendations, but thought I'd share this since it is fresh on my mind.   Maybe you could do a ceasar salad that is just romaine and parmesan and dressing?   MMMMMMM sounds yummy to me!  Much better than the pre-op shakes I'm getting!
Good Luck, and enjoy!

cattywompos
on 4/13/11 2:14 am

I was cleared for regular foods at 6 weeks, but not sure what your plan says.  Salad was one of the first things that I tried. I don't know why but alot of us seem to crave salad early on.  I would suggest that you start with a simple salad because my first salad I made small but had alot of my regular pre-op fixins and it didn't go down too well. Tasted absolutely fab, but didn't sit so fab.  Lettuce still doesn't sit the best with me.  Good luck!

HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Aweburn1965
on 4/13/11 2:22 am - Montague, MI
How about a BLT salad?  I bought turkey bacon, I plan on making this tonight!
BriarRose
on 4/13/11 2:23 am
My doc says 12 weeks, for salad, anything with seeds (tomatoes, cucumbers, seeded squash, berries....) And to try one ingredient at a time on different days to see how it affects you. I cheated just a bit and tried strawberrys last night. It was like Nectar of the Gods !!!!

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
borntobethin35
on 4/13/11 2:30 am - VA
Last week I tried salad for the first time. It was very good. I made sure I cut up the lettuce well. I did not eat the tomato on there (but I'm not a tomato eater anyway) It went down well.... Good luck!

Sheka
HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

stephanie507
on 4/13/11 2:42 am - so. plfd, NJ
VSG on 02/09/11 with
Thanks guy I am craving salad with chicken Grilled that is on top but I went to wendy's had chicken grilled wrap and chill for later.  I still can't eat a lot at one time.  I think it's fear of the pain that comes afterward if I eat just a little to much at once...lol

vjb1952
on 4/13/11 2:57 am - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
Good morning!  My doc says 8 weeks, which sounds about like 2 months to me, for salads & fresh fruit/veggies...I can't wait to get to that point because I really miss the salads & veggies!  Enjoy it enough for me too!  Thanks, Viv 

vjb1952

Lalamonkey
on 4/13/11 3:00 am - GA
Hi Stephanie - What does your plan say?  Or your NUT?  I was cleared for ALL foods a 4 weeks have been eating any veggie/fruit I've wanted (obviously good nutrition choice) since.  Lettuce, broccoli, pineapply, cherries, mango, plums, strawberries/raspberries/blackberries, tomatoes, cucumber with skin (organic english), peppers, fresh corn on cob etc.  Never had an issue.

stephanie507
on 4/13/11 3:54 am - so. plfd, NJ
VSG on 02/09/11 with
I am on a plan that said not to eat seeds, or flesh/skin on fruits but i'll blend the hell out of a strawberries.lol  but I am trying to eat hi protein I am not getting in enough protein but I recently order injury protein powder  to increase my protein intake to keep lossing this fatness..lol  but I will finally see the nut. soon...

Most Active
Recent Topics