Post op day 8....I miss my chips!

Inikah J.
on 4/12/11 2:07 am - Houston, TX
I have done so well with my liquids. Sunday, the family wen to Luby's and seeing them eat good food did not bother me. Last night I helped my son make his lunch for a field trip today and I put his chips in his sandwich bag and I almost cried. I AM IN LOVE WITH CHIPS!!! Any kind, baked, kettle, plain, flavored...etc

VSG Vets, will I ever be able to eat chips again? UUUUHHHHHHGGGGHHHHH
Valsdetermined2lose
on 4/12/11 2:41 am
Don't worry special k has cracker chips that are delicious! You'll be able to eat those soon
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

cattywompos
on 4/12/11 2:48 am
Yes, someday you will be "able" to eat chips again even if you shouldn't :)  You may find as time goes by that chips will no longer have that hold on you. 8 days out I was pretty much missing everything, even things that I really didn't like. I had raging head hunger and wanted food!! Any food!! :)  Got much, much better and now I surprise myself with the things I turn down. 
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Mrs Vermonica
P.Correre

on 4/12/11 5:22 am
they do have protein chips  there  good bi health wise  ranch crunch.
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 10:11 pm
 Take a look at Pop Chips and Veggie Chips (I get mine at Drug Emporium...kind of a health food/pharmacy, not sure if they're everywhere or not).

The Pop Chips are different, but they are very good, Veggie Chips look and taste just like Ruffles without the salt and grease.  Anything in moderation is ok from time to time, you just have to manage it from here on out.  

But resisting your old favorites does become easier with time, and I've found a lot of times when I re-visit my old faves they're not as awesome as I remember.