Goals...........

johnbertak
on 4/10/11 3:46 am - MD
I started w/my goal-setting early.
First was the exercise - I could only walk a mile and it took a long time.  So my goal was to cut the time and then add distance.  I added a little to the walk each week and a month after surgery I was able to do 3 miles in 70 minutes.  Today I walk the same 3, hilly miles in 60-62 minutes every day.  That build-up of stamina enabled me to walk 6+ miles on the golf course twice this week so I achieved another of my major goals - walking the golf course. 
Weight wise I had an origian goal of losing 100 lbs. by Memorial Day - now, I'm down 111 lbs. and Memorial Day is still a month and a half away; so I'm trying to be down 125 lbs. by then.  I keep revising my goals as the weight comes off and the energy to do more returns.  I know I will reach my ultimate goal weight by mid-summer, but I'm also certain that by that time, I will have set a new, lower weight to shoot for. 
On a daily basis, my goals are simple - burn at least 500 calories every single day - no days off, ever.  And consume 4 mini-meals totaling 1100-1200 calories and 90 grams of protein; no snacks and no grazing. 
Pop-Pop

Libralin
on 4/10/11 9:13 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Wow!  That is great! I wish I could walk that far...Now that the weather is breaking I will get my butt out there....Meet you on the golf course...For me, you can meet me on the dance floor!!!  

myturn1
on 4/10/11 4:16 am
I can't wait to never set foot in a plus size store again...
to tell Roman's and Woman Within to keep their catologs because I won't need them
I can't wait to have a lap for my niece to sit in
I can't wait to not feel the physical restriction of the weight
Libralin
on 4/10/11 9:14 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Hear ya on that one...Tell Avenue and Lane Bryant....thanks for the memories!!!

It will happen for all of us....I believe it this time...makes a difference to believe it can happen!

myturn1
on 4/10/11 11:27 am
Libralin, you are awesome!  So is this website.  I think the bariatric psychologist is a great idea- I'm going to look into that.
Libralin
on 4/10/11 10:58 pm - MorrisCounty, NJ
Hey, what a nice thing to say...  Ya know, I went to one pre - op...but I felt intimidated by him...Just me...He was like a giant...like 6'7 and Im only 5'2. I dont know if it was his height...or the feeling of being over powered. I would like to go to a woman psych.
Good luck to you!  If you are an emotional eater...I recommend it!

byebyeburden
on 4/11/11 1:03 am
I have a lot of goals....in my tickler I only list the 3.  But, I think I have a goal to lose 5 lbs at a time, so right now I want to get under 190 and get to 185.  Then it will be to be 180, then 175 (overweight)...etc. 

I have goals for exercise too.  I started off walking 4laps, then 6, then 7, now it is 8.  It also started as 3 days a week and now I want to do 4 days a week. 

They change all the time for me.

good luck
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

Most Active