scared to weigh

stephanie507
on 4/6/11 9:40 am - so. plfd, NJ
VSG on 02/09/11 with
Hi everyone tomorrow will be my 2 months out.  I have been scared to weigh myself since i last went to my doctor maybe its been 2 weeks now.  I am eating healthy and going to the gym 5 days a week.  But I am scared to fail or see the numbers not move and get depressed.  Then I might not work out or lift weights.  It is hard to explain mentally I can not fail at this this is my last only chance for a normal life.  I am really scared of this scale crazy as it sound.  I am about to head to the gym get in my workout and try to think positive thoughts.  Sister girl needs some encouragement.

MN_Mama
on 4/6/11 9:51 am
Don't forget, muscles weigh more than the same amount of fat!  Take your measurements into consideration too.  We will find weeks where our weight stays, but our waists shrink.  It's all good!
Best wishes.
_aprilh_
on 4/6/11 10:15 am - OK
You can do this. Look how well you have already done. Trust the tool. Trust that you are doing everything to the best of your ability. I know I am a newbie but I understand your fear and I too fear failure. We need to be positive. We need to learn positive self-talk. Believe in yourself! You are a beautiful, wonderful person! I had a friend tell me just today that the Bible says "Do not fear" 365 times, enough for each day through out the year. So therefore, give it to God and "Do Not Fear!"
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

catwalker
on 4/6/11 10:15 am - Buna, TX
I am almost a year out so I know what you're sayin, the loss tapers off and it is depressing but look at the 60 lbs you have lost and you will suceed espically working out. the inches will fall off and while my weight is still high to me I feel good, am in a size 10-12 and looking better than I have in years...well except the hair is sill thin but I'm workin on that!
BigCaliSmile
on 4/6/11 11:27 am - La Puente, CA
Boy.. I can relate but im opposite. I weigh daily and oddly enough been gaining?? I try not to take it seriously cuz it could be water and perhaps the big number will come in two more weeks or so. But youre going to the gym feeling great if you want to avoid the scale do that why not use the measure tape after all whats better than seeing a low number? Lots of inches Lost!! Keep up the great work..
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
katier825
on 4/6/11 11:50 am
I have finally gotten to a point where the number on the scale doesn't depress me.  I've been a slow loser and have only lost 45 or so pounds since my pre-op in November.  I'm dying to see it go under 150.  My goal is 140.  I'm 152 now - hovering in this range for a few weeks.  However, I've gone down from a 18-20 plus size to size 12 and some 10's.  It is very noticeable now and I feel so much better.  Measure and judge by your clothes.  Try not to let the scale get you down. 

Hang in there!
stephanie507
on 4/6/11 2:34 pm - so. plfd, NJ
VSG on 02/09/11 with
thanks everyone i just got in from the gym did 40 mins of cardio weights machines...

Most Active
Recent Topics