Isopure Sucks

LynMac35
on 4/4/11 9:30 am
I'm not a big fan either, but for 8oz of liquid, 15g of protein at 60 calories isn't bad. Mix it with some other juice - I mix my grape zero carb Isopure with SF Kool-Aid grape flavor and it helps.

HW 355/ Pre-Liquid Diet 324/DOS 311/Current 212/Goal 140
SisterBigBone
on 4/4/11 9:37 am - Bronx, NY
I'm gonna mix it with some crystal light and see if that helps. I brought like 4 bottles, and i hate to waste them, but the gas pains are enough. I don't wanna try to down this stuff.

I'll also try to get the unflavored protein powder. Does GNC sell it?

GavinC
on 4/4/11 10:03 am
LOL!!!! It DOES suck and they should be shot!  I barely managed to get it down, and only because I made sure it wa ICE ICE cold.  Never did finish all that I was supposed to.  Would rather have ended up back in the hospital than drink that crap.
Jan2611
on 4/4/11 10:07 am
Hi, If you are talking about the 40g protein bottle of the iso pure It was getting gross for me also until I discovered drinking it over ice. I sip on it for about 1-1.5 hours at work. Good luck

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 10:32 am
 It needs to be refrigerated, most definitely, the green, purple, red, and orange ready to drink kinds  are the ones I've tried and like.

I only drink half a bottle at a time in a glass about 1/4 full of ice. I can't stand the chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry flavored powder shakes (ANY OF EM), so these were a life saver for me.  But I guess we all have different taste buds.
momof2drummerboys
on 4/4/11 11:08 am
I drink it regularly. I don't mind it too much but it was all I had for the 1st month after surgery. It became too much. Now I drink it over ice a few times a week and I can handle it. I love the J Robb vanilla power as well. But I have to mix it up. I can't stand Unjury. It gags me.

I kept trying different things until I found what works. If Isopure doesn't work. Toss it and on to the next.

Good luck with your journey.
Working at this everyday, Wishing for great days, and Praying for the best,

cannonkb
on 4/4/11 12:59 pm - SC
I've heard several people compare the orange and the grape to gatorade and my only response is, "I don't know what kind of gatorade you have been drinking!"  Gross!!!!!! I don't think I could choke it down if my life depended on it.

NewDawn50
on 4/4/11 1:51 pm
I thought it was the most vile, evil stuff ever made and thought I'd die when I tasted it.

Blech!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 2:02 pm
I read the past reviews on this, so I ended up getting the Cytomax RTD.. the watermelon tastes just like a jolly rancher.. very strong though- so over ice & dilute! I like it now.. hope I like in in a week!
jimbovsg
on 4/4/11 4:22 pm
Isopuke ....is one of those things....you love it.....or hate it!!  (kinda like cilantro!)  I think it is  horrible ......and could "gag a maggot!"  ..........smells  like grape scented ass too!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Most Active
Recent Topics