Question on ISOPURE and UNJURY

vixen01
on 11/7/10 8:23 am
 Hi, can someone who has tried both of these let me know how they used them.  The unjury was recommended by the docs office since it was tasteless but does it just go into water or can it go into other things as well.  I was told by several people that Isopure is easy to buy in stores but not very tasty.  I guess I am trying to figure out what I will be drinking the next couple of weeks.  Any advice or personal views would be great.

Thanks....MO:)
spagirl20
on 11/7/10 8:32 am
I just bought the Unjury starter kit; love it!!!  It is by far the best tasting protein that I have tried during this journey.  Unjury is available online via their website; not aware if it is in any stores.

I also use the Isopure Zero Carb drink - they have several different flavors.  So far the one that I like the best is Alpine Punch.  My only advice for this drink is make sure that it is ice cold; helps with the flavor.  You can the Isopure from the Vitamin Shoppe, GNC or online from their website. 

I hope this helps.

Mina

laughingnikki
on 11/7/10 8:51 am - Leesburg, VA
VSG on 09/21/10 with
Hi Mo,

Unflavored unjury still has a flavor, the best thing to do is add it to something that has a strong flavor like crystal light fruit punch.  You can add it to soup, but you have to be aware of the temp because it will clump.

Isopure and I didn't get along.  So, I would suggest you get one/two bottles at a time, since they are like $4.50 each.

Good luck!
Nikki

vixen01
on 11/7/10 10:18 am
Wow, 4.50 per bottle I had no idea.  What a rude awakening.  However compared to the price of lunch these days....not bad:).  Thanks so much for your help.

Mo
jlc1972
on 11/7/10 8:57 am
I like the unjury, I use the non flavored in sugar free hot coco and used it in beef broth tonight. Even the light taste that it has for a non flavored is way better than anyother I have tried.
I also ordered the chicken broth one and that is pretty good also way more tolerable than most.
BettyBoop4930
on 11/7/10 9:33 am - Houston, TX
I bought the starter kit from Unjury-HATE THEM!  The smell grossed me out so much. I think I only tasted the chicken and strawberry flavors.   I bought GNC brand protein.  It does not smell bad, it has 60 grams per 12 oz. and tastes pretty good.   I also add cinnamon to the shake. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/10 9:38 am - Germantown, MD
Unjury unflavored protein is NOT tasteless (there's no such thing as a tasteless unflavored protein, no matter what people claim). You can mix it with lots of things though. If you mix it with just plain water it is going to be NASTY. I can taste it when mixed with crystal lite and won't do it now post surgery, pre surgery it was tolerable. Unjury also makes a chicken soup flavored protein that you can have warm and it was realllly nice to have post surgery and it's good if you are stuck on clear liquids. Got to unjury.com and you can buy individual packets to try and they have a 'starter kit' with several flavor packets and a little shaker bottle.

Isopure, it really depends on YOUR taste. I tried the blue raspberry flavor and liked it but thought the punch flavor was disgusting. Some people like it, some people hate it. You won't know where you fall until you actually try it. You can buy individual bottles of it at GNC and possibly vitamin shoppe.
crazeemarie
on 11/7/10 10:00 am - Chatsworth, CA

I prefer Isopure unflavored... I've added into alot of difference things even applesauce, you can mix it in Jello after you mix it into the cold water, and pudding etc....

Good luck hope this helps...

Marie

LabMomma
on 11/7/10 10:18 am
VSG on 09/27/10 with
The Unjury strawberry & unflavored protein powders are pretty good mixed into plain or vanilla yogurt or applesauce to me, even after surgery. I like their chicken broth protein powder OK.

I could not tolerate more than a couple of sips of the Isopure ready to drink protein in the glass bottles... I thought they were just disgusting!!  I am not sure, but I think they have a protein powder that you can mix into things, too.

Good luck!

vixen01
on 11/7/10 10:20 am
 Thanks so much and thank you all for your honest feedback.  I guess I should taste test this week while I am still pre-op.  This time next week the last thing I wanna do is taste test while healing.  So tomorrow and the next few days I will try many things.  

Mo
Most Active