Dr. Liza Maria Pompa Gonzales

nomorebadonkydonk
on 8/23/10 12:17 am

WOW.....She sounds controversial for sure...I would like to have Dr. Rodriguez, but don't know if our times will click since he travels and my time schedule is crunched. I'm not too comfortable with her track record, by reading these posts.  Thanks for all your input guys.....this site is invaluable!!!   :)

need2bthin
on 8/23/10 12:50 am
VSG on 06/30/10 with
I wish you the best with whom ever you decide.  Surgery is not a cure just a tool.  You have to work your tool to be successful.
Just My thoughts... 
nomorebadonkydonk
on 8/23/10 12:54 am
Thanks, I'm looking so forward to my "tool"......it's been a long time waiting!  :)
PHAT_at42
on 8/23/10 12:28 pm
DS on 03/12/14
I too tend to stay out of the doctors war, I also understand supporting your surgeon...I also know 100% that I AM working the tool that I was given( did I say that I look damn good even with the minimal weight loss).   I also know that if I was not still working it I would have put all of the weight back on as I have done so many times before...but I have not. 

I did not see my sleeve post op as she did not have the equiptment to do leak test at her facility when I was there and I went "around the way".  I did have one upon rtn and it looked fine(still swollen ) and I did have restriction.  At six month out when there was no restriction I had another and YES it too is hourglass shaped...Just as Joyce's was.  Even if I managed to get to goal with this "TOOL" it is so poorly made that I have no conficence that I would be able to maintain it long term( which has always been my major problem). 

I understand the "TOOL" concept and never expected it to get me there alone but...if I didnt need help I would not have taken such a drastic step.... While I did not expect a magic tool I DID expect one that worked correctly for more than a few months... 

And for my responsibility in all of this....I SHOULD have asked more question like this one that the OP posted and read more "first hand" accounts from her patient that was more than 6 months out...and I knowing the great people her I would have gotten the information needed to make a better decision.

As I look around these boards I only see one of her patients that made it to goal (Kellawanna) and she too has posted that she has ZERO restriction.  I believe it was her dedication to her youtube program that helped her get there (sure she will speak to this). 

This is too important to those that go through this to get this the poor results expecially when you pay out  of pocket.  

I have nothing to gain by MY TRUTH about MY EXPERIENCE with THIS DOCTOR.  I do feel it necessary that the information is put out there so that consumer can make informed decisions  

I do hope you have very DIFFERENT results with your sleeve...!!

m1=23, M2=11, M3=4(had stall for 3wks), M4=6 M5=6 M6=6 M7=4 M8=3

I am a VSG to DS revison!

Ms Shell
on 8/23/10 1:04 am - Hawthorne, CA
Ok I'm NOT here to start a surgery doctor war.  My surgery was covered by insurance so I didn't have "much" of a choice in surgeons.  I have seen only a handful of people who were not satisfied with the sleeve they got from Dr. Pompa.

Do YOUR research and decide and whatever you do don't just make the choice because it's MOST convenient.  I know how time can be but this is your life for life!!

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

nomorebadonkydonk
on 8/23/10 1:14 am
Thanks, That's why I'm asking so many questions...so I can make the right choice. I've narrowed it down to three people that I would trust and was checking on Dr. Maria to make sure all of my bases are covered..
UnRuli
on 8/23/10 8:27 am - Plainwell, MI
 Click on her name under the avatar of someone who had their surgery done by her and it will open up her information page.  There you will find several tabs that will include patient comments and even weight-loss graphs of some patients.
bglez
on 8/23/10 3:33 pm - Chula Vista, CA
I too try to stay off the surgeons wars, but I have to reply to this post because I am a Dr Pompa's patient who is more than 2 years out of sleeve surgery with more than 200lbs down, went back for plastics and I am happy with the care and results. Last month I went to LIMARP for a reunion of Dr Pompa's 2008 patient's, we were like 100 and some lap band, VSG and Bypass patients from that year. We all got upper GI's, fills, etc.. all I can say is everybody seemed happy to be back and see the doctor again, and were at or close to goal...I am sorry for the 2 negative experiences that have been discussed on this board, I do hope you make a good decision and you choose the best for you!!!
Jagator88
on 9/26/10 1:11 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Would anyone be willing to share what Dr. Pompa charges for the VSG?

I am inquiring for mu daughter-in-law.

Thanks!
5' 7" 244/95/125 SW/CW/GW
VSG by Dr. Miguel Zapata on 06/04/2009
Monterrey, MX
Hayley                    

Most Active
Recent Topics