Kymaro Body Shaper--Anyone tried it?

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/10 9:53 am

I keep seeing these infomercials (I have insomnia) for Kymaro Body Shapers. They look more comfortable and affordable than other body shapers, and they seem like they'd be easier to deal with when in the ladies room. :) However, I'm seeing mixed reviews for it online. Anyone tried it (the one that slims your stomach area)?

I'm not a huge fan of Spanx because they're so expensive, and I hate having to peel it off whenever I have to pee. Sorry if that's TMI, but it's a pain! I'd like to find something that would be easier to deal with so I can wear it every day without going crazy. Any other suggestions or recommendations would be great! 

USAF Wife
on 3/25/10 11:01 am
YAY Thanks for posting this. I also suffer from insomnia, and just saw the infomercial for these last night.

I bought a pair of Spanx from ebay (little less expensive), but never wear it because the same exact reason you posted. Plus, for me they didn't "breathe" if that makes sense.

Hoping someone will chime in with their experience/opinions.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/10 11:04 am

I agree about the not breathing aspect of Spanx. I think they're fine for special occasions, but I want to find something that will keep my muffin top in check on a daily basis. ;-)

Even if I don't hear back from anyone, I may take the plunge and order one of these Kymaro shaper things. If I do, I'll definitely let you know my review of it.

USAF Wife
on 3/25/10 11:12 am
Thank you. I have this little fat roll/excess flab/skin on my lower abdomen. It is actually what gives me the hourglass shape, but in certain jeans/dresses, it makes the material pop out at the pocket area and I hate it.

I may try to find one of these as well, and if I buy one I'll let ya know as well.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/10 11:11 am
didn't work for me, I think I bought them too big also.  Spanx is better and actually holds you in.  I don;t use them but a girl at work swears by her spanx.  After I lose enough weight I will try them again to help hold up the hanging fat tummy.

There are several different types of Spanx, some have the snap crotch too.  Do a search for the other styles.

Good luck
Bonnie
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/10 11:29 am
Thanks for the input, Bonnie. I'll definitely take that into consideration and research for a similar product from Spanx, too.
Islandgirl27
on 3/25/10 11:30 am - Cayman Islands
I met this woman who lost 170 lbs and she absolutely loved Flexees. I'm not too sure where to find them or the cost, but she said they were much better than Spanx. Google them.
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/10 11:40 am
Thanks for the info! I just googled it, and it turns out I bought one of those from JcPenney (click here: Flexees Ultimate Slimmer Torsette). It has a similar design concept to the Kymaro thing, which I like because it slims tummy and back fat (no bra bulge), and lifts the girls. The flexees thing I have does make me look smoother. The only issue I have with it is that it got really uncomfortable by halfway through the work day. I ended up taking it off at lunch and sticking it in my (big) purse when I wore it to work. I think it's the boning/wires in it that were getting uncomfortable (felt like what I imagine an old-fashioned corset would do), or maybe it was just too tight for me at that size.

However, if they have one without the boning in it, that might work for me as an all-day shaper!
ericaFG
on 3/25/10 11:58 am - Cambridge, Canada
I have several of the flexees tanks and I love them!  I used to get them at Costco for $15!  They haven't had them for the last few months (had the underwear only).  They don't have any boning or wires - just fit like a tight tank top.  I wear them every day.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/10 12:08 pm
Good to know! That's too bad Costco doesn't carry them anymore--sounds like it was a great deal.
Most Active
Recent Topics