Protein Bullets?

jillrae
on 10/23/09 8:31 am
Hi,

What are protein bullets, what flavors are available and where canI get me some?

almost 2 weeks out.

Jill
Maureen K.
on 10/23/09 8:34 am
I hate them but many like them they are like thick liquid jello you can get them at GNC all sorts of flavors good source of protein if you can stomach them. They have anywhere from 40 to 60 grams of protein they come in a little tube looks like bullet shape. I used them right after surgery would take a big swig and then save rest for later drank one a day to help get in protein Best Wishes to you

MO

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

GoingMobile
on 10/23/09 8:46 am - San Dimas, CA
Got mine at WalMart 26grams for 1.99 only came in fruit punch. I would pour one into a 20 G2 fo the same flavor and drink for a couple of hours.
Kearneyator
on 10/23/09 8:51 am
VSG on 10/17/09 with
I'm on my last three days of clear liquids post-op and have finally figure out how to make them drinkable.

Take an empty water bottle and pour in the bullet.  Then fill the bottle half way with water.  After that I fill the bottle with Crystal Light lemonade.  I've tried the fruit punch and grape bullets this way and they are drinkable.

As soon as I get to full liquids I'll be saying goodbye to the bullets forever.
austinglobe
on 10/23/09 9:02 am - Austin, TX
I just bought some at GNC today.  They had a deal where you can buy one get the next at half off.

http://www.gnc.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=liquid%20protein&origkw=liquid%20protein&sr=1
Band to sleeve revision.  Please add me as a friend to view my profile.        
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/09 9:18 am - AZ
On October 23, 2009 at 3:31 PM Pacific Time, jillrae wrote:
Hi,

What are protein bullets, what flavors are available and where canI get me some?

almost 2 weeks out.

Jill

They are a horrible source of protein.  They are made of collagen, great to put on/inject in your skin but not a good source of protein.

www.ehow.com/how-does_4924727_does-collagen-come.html

Whey Isolate is great.

GoingMobile
on 10/23/09 10:40 am - San Dimas, CA
On October 23, 2009 at 4:18 PM Pacific Time, MidwesternGirl wrote:
On October 23, 2009 at 3:31 PM Pacific Time, jillrae wrote:
Hi,

almost 2 weeks out.

Jill

They are a horrible source of protein.  They are made of collagen, great to put on/inject in your skin but not a good source of protein.

www.ehow.com/how-does_4924727_does-collagen-come.html

Whey Isolate is great.

I don't see the conection to the protein bullets. The link tells us about how collagen is obtain but where does that say it is used in these bullets or what kind, animal or human is sued and for wehat. You did readt the part about its a natural part of our bodies right? how can something is already a part of us be that bad for us
Kerri D.
on 10/23/09 9:48 am - Baroda, MI
Thanks for posting your question and thanks for the info, everyone.  I've often wondered about the bullets, but never think of them when I'm on here.
Life is good!

sam1am
on 10/23/09 1:10 pm
My Nut says they are not the proper kind of protein that our bodies will use.  She said they are a waste of money.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

thin1soon
on 10/23/09 1:44 pm
Mine said the same thing.  I've posted about this many times before.  The collagen form of protein in these bullets, my NUT said, is simply WATER.  Save ur money.  Buy whey protein :)
thin1soon  TN

Pre-surgery weight 11/6/08-253
Post surgery (12 wks.) 2/3/09-185
68 pounds lost

Most Active