ok, I sucked a pretzel

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 8/11/08 10:52 am
this was my first day back to work after surgery and I didn't plan very well. I upgraded from clear liquids to thin liquids so I was excited to bring a protein shake to mix with water along with a little juice and a bunch of crystal light. this was after having Isopure for breakfast.

notice the problem? all sweet stuff.

right after the juice my boss comes by eating prezels and I wanted the salt so bad. so I had it, and threw the wet preztel away afterwards. I had a couple.

sounds silly, but can anyone see any reason not to do this? my blood pressure is controlled so I don't generally worry about salt.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

exquisitus
on 8/11/08 11:02 am - Canada
I don't see anything wrong with it. If you've been having any soup or broth, chances are you're having lots of salt. I don't see the difference between salt on a pretzel and salt in other stuff. If it were me, though, I'd choose not to do it because once I start to suck the pretzel, I'd probably convince myself that eating one isn't so bad - so long as I chew it. And then I'd eat more - and so on...
wmelanie
on 8/11/08 11:10 am - miami, FL
VSG on 05/29/08 with
I hope not b/c somewhere between week 2-3, I was sucking and chewing up regular food and spitting it out. I was just tired of the darn soups and wanted to chew something. I had cooked fried chicken for the kids, and I just grabbed and chewed and spit it out, I remember that felt and tasted so gooood!!!!!!!!!!!!! it hit the spot, and I did not feel incline to swallow

gpete
on 8/11/08 11:12 am
 Pretzel Sucker!  I did it too, during that overload of sweet stuff phase.  only it was a couple of chicken in a biscuit crackers.  I also popped a little piece of a hot dog in my mouth one day and rolled it around in my mouth for about a minute and then spit it out.  It didn't seem to hurt me any and it made the day a little more bearable!  Don't worry about it.  I suppose if we did this on a regular basis, it could potentially become an eating disorder but soon enough you'll be able to eat "real" food again.  Hang in there!
pinknblue
on 8/11/08 11:18 am - CA
VSG on 07/07/08 with
LOL!!  I used to suck and spit out Chex Mix!   When we went out for Mexican dinner while I was still on liquids (I ordered soup) I got my own salsa and dipped the chips in salsa trying to get a little puddle of salsa juice, then sucked it off the chip.  By the end I had a nice little stack of sucked on chips sitting in front of me!!  My 12 year old was so embarrased! 

Phyll H
on 8/11/08 11:52 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with
Girl,   LOL

I hope it was good :)

Phyll...........
VSG  8-4-08  -5'5
HW   310
SW   216
CW   172
LW    160
GW   170  
GW    170- 175

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion

squeaky
on 8/11/08 12:21 pm - frisco, TX

my husband made a great big things of bbq ribs..i chewed a big bite out..and spit it out..but only after i freaked out about swallowing some...lesson learned LOL

then i had a nightmare that i ate a crap load of popcorn and it blocked my stomach lol

brandi

SunDvlFan
on 8/11/08 12:48 pm - Glendale, AZ
Are you suppose to be on clears still? Ithink the only problem is next you might let the pretzelmelt in yor mouth. And that would be really bad. You need to let your tummy heal.  Be careful! I know it is hard but try to stay on the diet.  
Ms_DeB
on 8/11/08 12:49 pm - Waycross, GA
TOOOOOOOO FUNNY LOL
pilotphil
on 8/11/08 1:22 pm - Coral Springs, FL

Since they are from your boss I would definitely put them back in the bag after you've done your business.  Wet pretzels can still pick up loose salt from the bottom of the bag.

(Ticker includes 22 lbs. lost pre-op)

Most Active
Recent Topics