Help! Out of control hunger @ night

Storygram
on 12/8/07 4:02 am - Prince George, Canada
VSG on 10/16/07 with
Hi Melissa, I am a night owl that has ceased trying to recover.  My body functions best late in the day and evening.  I've noticed that there are days (not everyone, but most) that I need to consume a fair amount of food at the end of my day... I thought for awhile that this was "catch up" for what I didn't get in during the day.  The funny thing is I am less nauseated and have far less trouble eating and drinking in the evening than at any other time of day.  I have even found that I have no problem getting my water in if I leave even 2/3s to 3/4s of it into the evening. I use a CPAP so I never worry any more about drinking too much and having to get up to go to the bathroom all night long.  For awhile I was afraid I was returning to my favourite habit of night eating after everyone has gone to bed....  but I've found that isn't the case.  Nightime is when my body has an appetite and I've learned to listen to it.... for me it just works better.  Sometimes the largest volume I may eat at one time will be the last meal of the day.  If you are "craving" or "eating" healthy foods and making good choices, I would just listen to your body.  I think that for night owls it is an even stronger drive in the winter months when our bodies are telling us that the night is very lllllllllllooooooonnnnnnngggg! So, I have to agree with Ms. Shell.  Plan for night eating and incorporate it into your daily food choices and ENJOY the NIGHT!

23 lbs lost pre op.
Melissa
on 12/8/07 6:18 am - Grand Rapids, MI
That's what I'll do! :D I've already alloted for today so that I can consume the majority of calories at night.  I'll try it for a while and see how it feels/looks on the scale.  Thanks so much, everyone.  I LOVE YOU GUYS!!  (especially my fellow night owls). :D
♫♪ Ain't nothin' gonna break my stall.. Nobody's gonna slow me down.. oh no..
I got to keep on losin'.  ♫♪

sherrigirl98
on 12/8/07 6:33 am - Charleston, IL
VSG on 08/28/07 with

I am a late night eater too....I can go all day without eating but I do of course...but something happens like you say at night....I have always been a get up in the night and eat person.....I have broken most of that habit for the most part.

I just try to keep sugar free fat free stuff around to grab and munch on. I have no idea how to combat this either. Last night I did a protein shake before I went to bed....that held me over pretty well and I did not wake up hungry like I usually do. But I had to go "P" a few times in the night.

WooHootiHoo! I have made it to 109!!!! A total of 190lbs lost!

nifner
on 12/8/07 7:41 am
I do the same thing...I think mine is more out of habit than anything else...and being tired and restless...and procrastinating going to bed for another restless night of little sleep..LOL  I NEED to break this habit.   Although...someone did tell me they eat something high protein right before they go to bed to promote digestion and keep the metabolism up all night....something to think about..lol  (Too bad the stuff I eat late at night is not all high in protein...lol)

BAShinn
on 12/8/07 7:42 am - AR
VSG on 11/17/07 with
HIJACK....how do you do the two face avatar?

Bridget    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad.  An optimist is a man who hopes they are.  ~Chauncey Mitchell Depew
SW: 275   
CW: 225   GW: 150

Total lost: 50 lbs.

Melissa
on 12/8/07 8:32 am - Grand Rapids, MI
You have to have an animation program.  I use ImageReady by Adobe.  It's in the CS2 collection with Photoshop. If you'd like, put your two pics up in your photoalbum and I'll make one for you.
♫♪ Ain't nothin' gonna break my stall.. Nobody's gonna slow me down.. oh no..
I got to keep on losin'.  ♫♪

Most Active
Recent Topics