TMI Post: Miralax BM's

angelcockatoo
on 12/6/07 5:05 am
To all my fellow Miralax users...I had a question...what dosage do you take and what does it yield? Also, what do you take it in? I had been taking it in my protein shake, but decided to try it in hot tea last night and that was better... TMI Warning: I take it everyday, generally...sometimes every other day. My BM's are really small, soft, but still take some effort to get out. I will go several times in the mornings...often just like a piece or two per trip to the restroom. I'd really like one big one that just makes me feel good and empty, but I don't get that. I know this is gross, but I was wondering if any of you get BM's like that on Miralax. I would take the several, tiny BM's a day in lieu of the horrendous constipation I had before...any day.

35 pounds lost on my own. 8 pounds on the pre-op diet. 87 since surgery.
sherrigirl98
on 12/6/07 6:17 am - Charleston, IL
VSG on 08/28/07 with

Like you that is my problem too....I constantly feel like I have to go poop. I am afraid to fart because I don't know what is behind it. My Bm's are in trails...little pieces here and there...Sorry to be gross..but getting real...when I do fart on the toilet...little tiny pieces do come with it.....I don't like this feeling...I want a nice fresh airy fart like everyone else...hehe..SOOOO

I had a good friend tell me about something else...Have tried it for the last two days and am TOTALLY IMPRESSED!! It is a natural substance vitamin..whatever called CHLORELLA...you can get it at vitamin stores. Dosage says 6 capsules every evening....and so far so good. Nothing the first day...I think it was because I took it during the day...take it at bedtime instead...anyway today...I had my wonderful large normal poopy. I can fart freely without worrying what is behind it...I finally feel like I am evacuated well...and that all my poo is clinging together like it should instead of little pieces here and there :-)

Back to the Miralax...I WAS taking one scoop at first in my coffee....nothing ..no results...not even a grumble. a big waste of miralax....it needs plain water I think or a very light drink

I started taking one scoop a day in plain water....omg..what a huge difference. Miralax does work and I think I will continue just at smaller doses. I LOVE THE CHLORELLA

The full name is CHLORELLA REGULARIS...the one I have is made by NEW CHAPTER...evidentally I believe it is not that espensive and I plan on ordering more. Right now I have two full bottles to last me a while. But at 6 caps/day I will go thru this pretty quick. Chlorella Regularis is the main component of this that works on our bowels without harming them. It is all natural and does not cause a laxative effect...just a nice soft stool you can expell in one piece :-)

I love it and am going to use it every day.

Hugz

Sherri

WooHootiHoo! I have made it to 109!!!! A total of 190lbs lost!

angelcockatoo
on 12/6/07 8:54 am
OK, so I am not alone in how the Miralax affects me. Thank you for sharing...grossness and all. LOL. I am very interested in that stuff you mentioned, but I want to read up on it a little first. How big are the capsules? I am not so great at swallowing pills...and that's an awful lot to take, but if it works...a big, normal poop sounds awesome. The Miralax works, but well, you know...

sherrigirl98
on 12/6/07 10:39 am - Charleston, IL
VSG on 08/28/07 with

They are green capsules....they are big to take but because they are in a capsule form...not very hard to take. About 3/4 inch long..and dark green. I have not read up on it yet....I am so trusting..lol....But it did work for me...because 6 yesterday worked well..I am not taking the full 6 today and just taking 3 and see what happens. I don't care if I go every day...every other day would be nice. Let me know what you find out when you do some research on it. 

Like you though...we sound a lot alike in the chronic constipation department. Almost nothing works well on me. I was happy with the Miralax but again you pegged it....I just hate feeling like I gotta go all the time just a tiny bit. That kind of bugged me a bit. I am in love with my day today...a completely normal poopy day...lol

Sherri

sherrigirl98
on 12/6/07 12:02 pm - Charleston, IL
VSG on 08/28/07 with

I did a little research and found quite a bit of information on Chlorella Regularis. I cannot believe my friend sent  me two bottles of this stuff..wow..the cheapest price I found per bottle of 90 caps was 12.97 I think.

Anyway I will copy and paste some info here for you as well...it sounds like it is an algae that is considered a whole natural food source with many phytonutrients in it as well. This is just one of the articles I found on this. It is a great supplement it sounds as well and this one says to take the caps at mealtime...so take with food. I had better results taking late at bedtime.

New Chapter Chlorella Regularis

• Product code: WISDOM/NC0201
  • Dosage: "
  • Size: 90Vcaps
  • Price: £23.49

Product Description:
New Chapter Chlorella Regularis: It is Nature's richest whole-food chlorophyll source. Easiest to to digest regularis species, Grown hydroponically for optimal purity and Protected from bacterial/chemical contamination

Chlorella regularis, a single-celled fresh water plant, is a storehouse of enzymes, viamins, minerals, and phytonutrients. It contains more purifying chlorophyll than any known plant, as well as highly beneficial RNA/DNA. Additionally, Chlorella regularis is a rich source of carotenes, iron, and B-12, nutrients particularly important to vegetarians.

Chlorella regularis offers the following advantages over other commercial chlorella products:
• It is pure: Cultivated in indoor tanks free of environmental pollutants.
• It is highly stable: Rich nutrients are not oxidized through mechanical disruption.
• It is easily digestible: Possesses a thin, enzyme receptive cell-wall.

SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIAN

INGREDIENTS FOR New Chapter Chlorella Regularis:
Six Vcaps of New Chapter Chlorella Regularis provides:
• Chlorella regularis 2,340mg

OTHER INGREDIENETS:
• Modified cellulose (capsule).

DIRECTIONS FOR USE OF New Chapter Chlorella Regularis:
• Six Vcaps daily, with juice or water, preferably at mealtimes.

Additionally here is another article I found really explaining a lot more about it....really interesting stuff.

Supplement News Blog

Chlorella's Benefits

Chlorella is a fresh water algae packed with vitamins, minerals, chlorella growth factor, and proteins that protect your health and deliver a wealth of disease-fighting benefits. Chlorella contains a high amount of chlorophyll - more than any other plant. Chlorella is commonly used as a detoxifier and for bowel cleansing. The fibrous outer shell of chlorella has been shown to bind to heavy metals and chemical toxins like PCBs that can build up in our systems, and eliminate them from the body. Chlorella also improves the digestive system by increasing digestive enzymes and beneficial bacteria in the intestine and decreasing constipation.

Chlorella's ability to eliminate heavy metal toxins is well documented. Research from Japan following the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bombings in 1945 reported that chlorella increased the elimination and detoxification of cadmium, uranium and lead. Other studies show that chlorella detoxifies chemical toxins such as the PCBs dioxin and polychlorinated biphenyls. PCBs are chemicals used in plastics and insulation that are known to cause cancer and liver problems.

Chlorella has also been shown to be useful in mercury detoxification. Since over 90 percent of mercury is eliminated through the stool, chlorella treatment can facilitate fecal mercury excretion. Mercury accumulation in other body tissues will then move into the intestines, where chlorella will efficiently eliminate it. One study shows that chlorella can help detoxify high levels of mercury caused by mercury dental amalgam removal and replacement. Some dentists and their staff report taking chlorella for detoxification after accidental amalgam mercury exposure.

Chlorella's fibrous shell helps improve digestive health and promotes beneficial bacteria in the intestinal tract. This facilitates our digestive processes and the assimilation of nutrients. Chlorella is also an alkaline nutrient that can help balance the body's pH. Many processed foods are acidic, contributing to diseases such as cancer which thrive in an acidic pH. Chlorella's alkaline pH may help reduce the risk of developing cancer and other chronic diseases.

REFERENCES:
1. Life Extension eds., Disease Prevention and Treatment, 4th ed. (Hollywood, Florida: Life Extension Media, 2003), Heavy Metal Toxicity, online: www.lef.org/protocols/prtcls-txt/t-prtcl-156.html

2. Horiko**** et al. Uptake of uranium by various cell fractions of Chlorella regularis. Radioisotopes 1979 Aug;28(8):485-8

3. Health Benefits of Chlorella, Mercola.com:
http://www.mercola.com/chlorella/index.htm

4. Mercury Toxicity and Systemic Elimination Agents, Mercola.com:
http://www.mercola.com/article/mercury/mercury_elimination.htm

5. Chlorella Scientific Research, Mercola.com:
http://www.mercola.com/chlorella/research.htm

tons of links on Chlorella regularis but was hard to find just good information on it....these two articles are just a couple of them that I found....I have tons of these capsules here..two full bottles....I would be willing to mail you some if you like to try before you buy....It is up to you....let me know:-) I could send you like 30 capsules in the original bottle...again just let me know. No cost at all...just to try if you like.

Hugz

Sherri

Sherri

J2 O.
on 12/6/07 9:10 am - St. Louis, MO
Hey Angel, I started taking Miralax because if you had constipation issues and it helped you then i knew it ousl help me.  It has worked like a charm....................exactally the way you both describe. Small, frequent, I too worry about farting! :-) I only took it for two weeks, then stopped because it said only for a week. I am still having the same type of BMs. (i stopped taking it end of November). So apparently it is keeping me regular?? LOL Do share the stuff you found Sherri!! jeni

Highest: 249
Day of Surgery: 223

Current after 6 years of surgery: 143
Total lost.......................PRICELESS

angelcockatoo
on 12/6/07 9:09 pm
That's funny...so, if something can unplug MY pipes, it must work for anybody's pipes, huh? LOL. I've read that Miralax is safe for longer-term usage, so I've stayed on it, but I might back off and go back on. I am just afraid to get constipated again. I hate that feeling in the morning, though, where it feels like you have to go and nothing happens.

creth95
on 12/6/07 9:56 am - Santa Clara, CA
"I want a nice fresh airy fart" ROFLMAO!!! I'm sorry, that was hysterical. Not to be outdone by...CHOLERA!! (I know that's not how it's spelled but that's what my warped little mind READ). Back to the subject...I like the "empty" afterglow too. Other than that, I have nothing to add. Sick sick sick.
sherrigirl98
on 12/6/07 12:07 pm - Charleston, IL
VSG on 08/28/07 with

Oh I am a little sick and twisted at times..... LOL....But yeppers yeppers yeppers those are the best farts of all...the ones you know don't have ammunition behind em.!! I am glad I could get a giggle out of ya tonite! :-)

Sherri 

Most Active
Recent Topics