Recent Posts

chrissylyn
on 11/26/14 10:31 am
Topic: Kaiser surgeries... Anyone?

Hi all! Wanted to know if there's anyone out there that has had surgery (wls) with any kaiser doctors. And how do you feel they rank overall as far as experience with those that are maybe high risk?

Jack Allen
on 11/17/14 2:05 am - Leesburg, VA
Topic: Anyone use Matthew Fitzer at Virginia Bariatric Surgery Center

Anyone use Matthew Fitzer at Virginia Bariatric Surgery Center?

http://virginiabariatric.com/

Jack Allen
on 11/16/14 10:22 pm - Leesburg, VA
Topic: NOVA Surgeon Rivisonal

I want to have my lap-band removed and then have the bypass or sleeve, but I only want 1 surgery.  I don't think my Dr will do this. But would like to know if you have had this done and who was your Dr.

My dr is Amir Moazzez and Ihave a consult with him in 2 weeks.

Thanks.

shoutjoy
on 8/9/14 10:24 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: I'm out of here

Goodbye all.  I'm out of here.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

shoutjoy
on 8/5/14 9:09 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Here's how to see the sun instead of the clouds

“You want to be positive, but the negative finds a way in. Here's how to see the sun instead of the clouds.”

Ladies, granted, being women, we just get annoyed sometimes for no apparent reason. We scrutinize the size of our thighs, how spaghetti sauce got on the wall, and why the detergent didn't get the soda stain out. So how do we stop negativity when there are so many annoyances? Start by eliminating the biggies. What REALLY annoys you? For example, when your waistline was out of line, you started going to the gym - good problem solving. What else can you do? Is the pile of mail on the kitchen counter (the one that never seems to completely disappear) an annoying eyesore that grates on your nerves? Figure out a solution. Buy an organizer, a cute tin, or figure out a system for purging and sorting it. Approach other prominently daily annoyances and start eliminating them. By addressing the problems you'll not only have less to feel negative about, you'll realize what a doer you are and that you won't stand for negative issues weighing you down.

shoutjoy
on 8/3/14 8:07 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Here's some interesting info you should see

“You may think your workout's all about weight loss...while you're waiting for the pounds to come off, here's some interesting info you should see:”

Yes, we all want to lose weight, but even if that weren't an inevitable result, there are plenty of other reasons that are more important to keep making the gymt. Here's a short list: 1) Strengthens your cardiovascular and respiratory systems (makes your ticker keep ticking, and your chest going up and down.) 2) Keeps bones and muscles strong (this is one time you want to be dense - in your bones, that is). 3) Helps you sleep better. (Which is good for both your brain and your body and your level of crankiness.) 4) Prevents and manages diabetes. (Helps insulin work better and reduce blood sugar; these are both good things.) 5) Reduces cancer risks. (Studies show that colon, prostate [you don't have one of these but your husband does], uterine lining, and breast cancer risks are lessened through exercise.) As you continue with your exercise program, you'll come up with your own list of perks which pretty much boils down to the fact that you just feel better!

shoutjoy
on 7/30/14 10:08 am - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Here's how to act like a child

“You're feeling energized lately but you couldn't possibly do that - you're too old. Here's how to act like a child.”

Now we might not emulate Tina Turner in a skin-tight leather mini and stacked heels singing rock n' roll when we're 60, or even trek through dangerous territory internationally for a story like 52 year old Ann Curry does, but what their examples show are you're never too old for ___ (you fill in the blank). Granted, once you reach a certain age you might not get accepted into the military, qualify as an Olympi**** skater, or get the lead in "Annie," but if you're healthy and up for the challenge, what can you do? Run a marathon, skate, Jet Ski, hike, or maybe jump rope in your driveway? Instead of saying, "I'm too old to...," try, "I can ____." You're never too old to try something that will keep you feeling young.

shoutjoy
on 7/27/14 7:37 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: RE: Quick Question!

Hi,

You will have to check out the forums lists.  Or, you can start your own group and invite everyone with insurance issues to join.

shoutjoy
on 7/27/14 7:36 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Here's how to be a hot "tater"

“You go to the gym, but then turn into a couch potato when you get home. Here's how to be a hot 'tater.”

First of all, don't turn on the TV unless there is something specific you are going to watch for a short time. Spend the other hours you'd normally be potato-ing doing something productive. Plan your event ahead of time. Pick a project you've been putting off - organize a closet or the garage. Sound boring? Crank up the music and shake your booty while you work. Pick your top five favorite songs (or more) and wor****il your song set ends. You'll have a great time burning some calories and burning through your to-do list. Set a couple of evenings a week to do this and within a month you'll see quite a difference in your attitude, your waistline, and your digs.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views