Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/15 4:53 am
Topic: RE: Meds after surgery

I would discuss this with your Dr. Some will allow you to take needed meds almost from day one. I had surgery with a friend who takes similar meds and our Dr only made her hold off for 24 hrs on her psych meds. If anxiety is your major problem Klonapin comes as tiny instant dissolve "wafer" and that is quite tolerable. Maybe that is an idea for you till you can take your meds again.Good luck.

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/15 4:50 am
Topic: RE: Anyone in the Northern Neck?

Wish I was closer to you Catek. I am in SW VA and have the same issues. Had my surgery in Mexico! We could chat on here on by private e-mail and give each other a boost if you'd like. I wish you very good luck with your surgery. Hope it and your recovery go smoothly.

Catek2652
on 10/8/15 3:57 pm
RNY on 10/26/15
Topic: Anyone in the Northern Neck?

I'm traveling 2 hours south east to Newport News for my surgery on October 26th with Dr. Spangler. I'm excited and nervous and hoping to find someone else who lives near me and can help me with the challenges of living so far from where the surgery will take place and where the support group meets.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/15 5:19 pm
Topic: Anyone in SW VA?

Wondering if there is anyone out there from Giles or Montgomery Co. I would enjoy meeting someone local and offering and receiving support on this journey. Thanks.

Jackie_SPN
on 8/7/15 9:39 am
VSG on 08/21/15
Topic: Meds after surgery

I will be having my bariatric sleeve surgery in 2 weeks.  I currently take Effexor for anxiety but won't be able to take the capsules after surgery.  I have some immediate release pills that I thought I could crush and put in my Crystal Light but it still tastes disgusting!!  Any ideas for mixing crushed meds right after surgery? 

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 6/24/15 10:43 am, edited 6/24/15 11:05 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: New Hotel Booking information for NC Conference in October!

Hello friends!

We have had such great response from people booking hotel rooms for our Raleigh Conference, that our initial room block at the Embassy Suites sold out!  We now have an overflow hotel nearby that is running a shuttle specific for our conference, from 5 am to midnight. This is in addition to their 24 hour airport shuttle. Info is below, and the last day to book is 9/15/15! Tell your friends!  

We have set up an additional room block at Hyatt Place, a half-mile from the Airport and 4.5 miles from the Conference venue. Hyatt Place offers a complimentary shuttle to the airport and Conference. http://events.obesityhelp.com/2015-hotel-accommodations/

See you there! 

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

Janak47
on 6/11/15 12:27 pm - SOUTH CHESTERFIELD, VA
Topic: Cheserfield County, Virginia

Looking for a local support group - that does not meet in Richmond.  Would love something a little closer to home.

Jana (RNY date 5/6/2015 - HW: 267 SW:257 CW: 233 GW:145)

ahawkins
on 6/8/15 7:05 am
Topic: Free Weight Loss Surgery Seminar with Dr. Halmi in Leesburg

Dr. Denis Halmi will be hosting a Free Weight Loss Surgery Seminar in Leesburg on June 10th, 2015 at 6:30PM. 

Ida Lee Park
60 Ida Lee Dr. NW
Leesburg, VA 20176
Room: Lower Level C

Call 703-385-8222 to reserve your seat or visit www.bluepointmed.com/seminars to register.

Kefink69
on 5/14/15 9:08 am
with
Topic: RE: Anyone use Matthew Fitzer at Virginia Bariatric Surgery Center

I'm scheduled to see Dr. Fitzer on 5/21/15 to discuss WSL with him. Out of curiosity, how long did you stay in the hospital? Do you find it easy or difficult to follow his "rules of successful WSL" he described in his webinar? do you have any suggestions of what questions I should ask when I meet him? I have come up with a few but want to know what others might have asked.

Thank you,

Karla

Cassandra B.
on 4/26/15 11:54 pm - Alexandria, VA
Topic: Any WLS Support Groups in the Alexandria VA Area?

Just checking to see if there are any support groups in the Alexandria VA area?

Let me know!

Stay blessed and always encouraged.

Cassandra B. (www.tallnsassy.net or www.tallnsassy.com)

RNY in 2008 by Dr. Amir Moazzez (INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital, VA)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views