Recent Posts

shoutjoy
on 4/9/13 6:41 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Knowledge gives you power!

“You have an event coming up and you don't know if you'll make good choices. Here's how to see the future.”

That wedding, office get-together, family reunion or birthday barbeque sounds like fun, but the food choices will likely be things you shouldn't eat...and there'll be way too much of it. What to do? Look into the future. Really. Actually think about what will happen: how will the food be presented (buffet style, served at the table, a waiter walking around with hors d'oeuvres), what will they serve, what will they serve that you can eat, what should you absolutely avoid? The more insight you have the better. Now imagine how you will react. Envision yourself only taking what you've pre-determined is okay. "See" yourself walking past the no-no items, saying "No thanks" to seconds being offered, and leaving bowls of food untouched. Make sure to see your expression - you, smiling, happy. How do you feel? Empowered, in control, confident...with no regrets. By visualizing the outcome you want, you will be far more likely to have a reality to match.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

abbyluwho
on 4/8/13 4:33 am - kc, MO
VSG on 06/25/13 with
Topic: RE: Newbie -- Bluepoint and Virginia Premier

I am in Spotsy, and in process w/ BPS.  Gail has been a life saver for me!  I have CoVa care /bxbs, and my 12 month pre surgery program anniversary is May 18th.  Hoping to have surgery in June!

shoutjoy
on 4/7/13 7:17 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Get Even

“You are trying to eat right, but you feel cheated. Here's how to get even.”

If it seems like you have to give up every food you love in order to get healthy, you may need an attitude adjustment. First, a little test: who do you think is happier: someone who won the lottery one year ago, or someone who became a paraplegic one year ago? Of course, if we had to choose one of those, we'd all choose to win the lottery. But, the fact is both groups are the same as far as how happy they are one year after those major events. It's a fact that people can learn to be happy with pretty much anything. The option to pick happiness over wallowing in misery is up to each. You can look at your new food choices, workout schedule, and healthy lifestyle choices as a great thing just as easily as deciding it sucks. Once you make the choice for embracing it, you'll be surprised at how much easier it is.

shoutjoy
on 4/2/13 7:38 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: The Looking Glass

“You want to slim down to improve your reflection. Here's what's beyond the looking glass. ”

We all think, "thinner me = more confident me," or "more likeable me," "more interesting me," or "more approachable me." Why do we believe less of us is more? Granted, becoming healthier is definitely a plus to your life, but instead of just looking at the physical beauty you're achieving - don't forget the real you is inside of that shell. Remember to exercise your soul, motivate your inner voice, and build up your confidence. How? Do things that better your interior too: take classes, join a book club, volunteer, pray, explore something that interests you, learn a new language, engage with others. While you become less in the mirror, become more on the inside for a truly beautiful reflection of yourself.

shoutjoy
on 3/31/13 8:09 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: It's all about today

“You have such a long row to hoe to get to your goal. Here's how to be a great farmer.”

You want to lose a large amount of weight, or start a project that will take you months if not years to complete. How do you keep motivated to have the results you want when your projected time frame is over? Someone very smart once said, "We make plans and God laughs." Who knows what will come your way a year from now, a month from now, next week, or even tomorrow. Today is what is important. Not for what it will bring you in the future, but how it makes you feel today: empowered, inspired, confident that tomorrow you'll be able to continue the pattern. Start with today and prove to yourself all that can happen in that small field of time.

shoutjoy
on 3/30/13 10:21 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Looking for a GP with bariatric knowledge (Culpeper, Warrenton, Orange area)

Hi,

Being new to the area, I am looking for a doctor with bariatric knowledge. I know that I have no always had the follow up care I need because doctors don't understand our needs. 

Any ideas?

shoutjoy
on 3/27/13 8:55 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Success

shoutjoy
on 3/26/13 8:50 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: RE: Planning on having Surgery Fairfax County Area

Hello,

I know many who have, and have had good results.  Of course, surgery is only one step in the process.  We have to learn new habits, develop a healthy relationship with food and make some life style changes.

They run a really good support group there at Fair Oaks Hospital, at least they did when I lived up there.  You might want to check it out.

It's great that you are making a decision towards good health!  Keep us posted.

shoutjoy
on 3/26/13 8:47 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Finding You

“You lost track of "you" sometime ago. It's time to send out a search party.”

When you're young it's all about you. The world revolves around you. Then you grow up, have kids, a spouse and suddenly "you" is someone you used to know but currently have no idea of her whereabouts. It's time to find her! Find some quiet time: a weekend, a day, a couple of hours, or lock yourself in the bathroom for a long shower. Find some quiet to figure out what it is YOU want out of life. Listen to God, listen to your inner being, and figure out what YOU needs. Okay, that was the easy part. Now DO whatever it is you figured out. It may take awhile not only to hear that voice inside you, but to move toward doing to truly release the YOU that's inside. The key is to do it. Len Schlesinger, author of Action Trumps Everything says, "Don't worry about what you want to do, worry about what you want to do next. Do one thing and then figure out what the next thing is. One-step at a time you'll discover where YOU are.

dogsmylife
on 3/25/13 2:52 am, edited 3/25/13 2:53 am - Lorton, VA
Topic: Planning on having Surgery Fairfax County Area

Good Afternoon all. I am currently scheduled to have a consultation with Dr. Osvaldo Anez next week. I have been up in the air about getting procedure but after I relized I have gained over 100 pounds in 10 years, I have decided to make a better change in my life.

My only concern is the procedure itself. Complications, etc.

I wanted to know if anyone has had there surgery done by Dr. Anez or if anyone can recommended a good doctor in the Fairfax County area.

Please help. Thank you

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views