Recent Posts

shoutjoy
on 5/5/13 6:46 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Find The Time

“You know you have to find time to exercise, but it's just so elusive. Here's how to find it's lair.”

You wonder how some people do it. They seem to be able to get everything done. They must be multi-tasking wizards. Here's the truth. There is no such thing. If you are doing more than one thing at a time, you aren't doing at least one of them well. Think texting and driving. Feeding the baby and doing homework. Cooking and learning calculus. Sometimes folding laundry and watching TV will leave you with towels in your underwear drawer and your house guests perplexed when they need to dry their hands. Studies have shown that when you multi-task, not only does your skill level go down for each project, but you also raise your stress level. It's a lose-lose situation. You simply have to eliminate things from your to-do list. If you want to exercise everyday, you'll have to give something up, or at least rearrange other things to save time. All the time you need is right in front of you. It's up to you how you'll use it.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

SMoran
on 5/5/13 2:37 pm - Washington, DC
Topic: RE: Eric Pinnar Moved to FL????

I had to respond to all of this.  I *didnt'* have Dr.Pinnar do my surgery.  I had an appointment time, but before I met him the nice lady in billing explained to me that I had been told incorrectly,.... my insurance wouldn't pay.  I knew there was no way I could pay the cost, so I said I would leave.  No no no, they said... come talk to the doctor. 

I tried to talk to the doctor, but kept getting distracted as he was checking messages on his phone and texting.  At the time I wondered if it was because he knew I wasn't going to be a patient after all, but, in the end, I just think he thought it was okay to do.  I told him office manager, who told him, and he called, very defensive... he only checked his messages twice, and only wrote a text once, and it was important, blah, blah, blah.

Needless to say, I'f I'd won the lottery, I still wouldn't have let him do it.

Fast forward 2.5 years, and I get a bill for that visit.... over $400.  At first, I didn't even recognize the name, and then, when I did, I laughed.  I'd changed insurances, and this was 2 and a half years later.  Wasn't gonna happen.  But, I called the office just to explain that, yes, I got the bill, no, I wouldn't pay it... I'd tried to leave after we knew that insurance wouldn't pay for the surgery, and was told to just meet with the doctor.  Surprise!  The good doctor wasn't even in town!  He'd left, very abruptly, leaving many patients without support for their lap bands.

IMO, this guy is a real piece of work.  I saw on the front page for this forum that he is back in town, and drumming up business.  Be very careful .  IMO, he is rude, arrogant, and totally lacking in morals... and apparently sense, if he thought he could charge me for a visit I tried to end, 2.5 years ago.

shoutjoy
on 4/30/13 8:13 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Get Amnesia

“You want to make a change, but you keep remembering your past failures. Here's how to get amnesia.”

Fine. You've tried, and tried, and maybe tried some more without the success you've dreamed of. So often, what holds us back is the past. We figure since our attempts have failed before, odds are not in our favor. Fooey! Failures are a perfect way to access WHY things didn't work so we can work around them. Stop looking behind you and start focusing forward. Look ahead to what your new life looks like

shoutjoy
on 4/28/13 8:28 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Execute the Blueprints

“You make plans but just don't follow through. Here's how to execute the blueprints.”

No matter what goals you have in life: losing weight, starting your own business, writing a book, scrapbooking, or starting an ant farm all take action to achieve. You may think that you've just been lazy, or that it must not REALLY matter to you based on the amount of time and effort you have put in in the past. Maybe all you need is a "detailed" plan. So, instead of your goal being, "I'm going to lose weight by exercising at the gym and eating right," it needs to chunk out very specific actions. Map out a week: "On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I am going to go to the gym at 1:00." Write it on your calendar. Next, tackle eating. What recipes will you make, what do you need to buy, how will you handle eating out, what will you have for snacks at work? By scheduling very detailed steps with dates and action items, you will be more likely to see your plan become a reality.

shoutjoy
on 4/23/13 7:42 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Get off that teeter totter

“You are suppose to work out today, but you're teetering. Here's how not to totter.”

How would you feel if you didn't brush your teeth today? And, hmmm, forget about doing anything with your hair. Oh, you don't need to change your clothes either because you did that yesterday. How do you think you'd feel? Cruddy. Gross. You probably wouldn't feel at your full potential would you? The same is true for exercise. When you workout it makes you feel good, improves your life, and gives you a boost of energy and endorphins. So, do your workout, brush your teeth, your hair, and put on some fresh undies and life will be good. The other option is not pretty

shoutjoy
on 4/21/13 7:19 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Stay Sharp

“You start out strong but then lose your edge. Here's how to stay razor sharp.”

Each day you find that a certain time hits and all the good choices you've made all day are flushed. Suddenly you're grabbing anything in sight, nibbling this, licking that. Why can't you stop yourself? Okay, look at it like a video game. If you are engaged in a battle where the monster will only be vanquished with silver bullets do you think showing up to pelt the beast with marshmallows will work? Doubtful, unless he eats all of the mini morsels, gets sick to his stomach and can't continue his ferocious rampage because of gas pains. Stop going into battle unprepared. Unlike the monster, you can make a plan and be ready. Knowing where your shortfalls occur is the hardest part. Now, just figure out what you're going to do different to make sure you are the victor.

abrown8434
on 4/21/13 6:16 am - VA
Topic: Free ebook w/WLS Success stories from VA's own Dr. Clark==4/21 & 4/22 on Kindle

Center for Weight Loss Success

Yes! PLEASE!
WE WANT YOU!... to help us drive Dr Clark's new book to best seller status as quickly as possible. It's FREE for the first 48 hrs, then $.99 for the next three days. Just go to the CFWLS website to order through Amazon! www.cfwls.com/drclarksbooks. Please SHARE this with your social media friends and family. Thank you all for your support!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

~ Julie ~
on 4/18/13 1:21 am - Reston, VA
RNY on 04/18/06 with
Topic: RE: ANY ONE here FROM NO VA?

I'm in Reston. kiss

399    /371  /173.2/155
initial/preop/now/goal

The tough part of WLS is not the first year, it's those that follow.

shoutjoy
on 4/16/13 7:26 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Kitchen Workout

“You portion your food, eat well, and then cave during kitchen cleanup. Here's why your kid's half eaten Oreo will not find it's way into your face.”

Do you have trouble not "cleaning up" with your mouth after meals: leftovers that detour from the pan to your pie hole, half eaten kiddie plates that get scraped into your kisser instead of the trash? If the possibility of having someone else do that chore is not happening, try this: make it part of your workout. If you need to, go slip into your workout wear and tennis shoes. Now, focus on speed, agility, muscle flexing, and fat burning. There is no eating when you are working out. Set the stage for what will happen during this time - make it an event, a very fast event. Quickly scrape, rinse, pack up, and wipe down. Now, since you have your shoes on, jog around the block with your hand in the air in victory. You rock!

shoutjoy
on 4/14/13 8:33 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Turn Failure into Fertilizer

“You've tried and failed. Here's how to turn the stench of failure into fertilizer. ”

Our mothers told us the truth: You learn from your mistakes. At least let's hope that we are wise enough to understand that failure is simply training. It doesn't mean there's no hope, that we could never possibly succeed, that we are so uniquely screwed up that there is not a workable solution. Poppy**** As Thomas Edison so brilliantly quoted regarding his attempts to create the light bulb, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that didn't work." Maybe you've found just as many ways that didn't work for something you were trying to accomplish. Take time to stop and smell the fertilizer. Reflect on those and learn. WHY didn't they work? By weeding out what doesn't work, pieces may start falling into place of what WILL work, what you might try. Remember, you only fail when you've given up trying.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views