Recent Posts

shoutjoy
on 5/25/13 8:32 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Where is everyone??

Hey all,

Summer is coming or here.  I'm not too sure any more.  What are you all doing this summer for fun?  What outdoor activities do you have planned? I know the kids are going to enjoy themselves, are you?

Anyway, I'm just wondering.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

shoutjoy
on 5/21/13 7:25 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Think outside the food box

“You are working on a healthier life, but you find yourself obsessing about calorie counts and food foes. Here's how to think outside the food box.”

If you constantly think about food, what you can or can't eat, how you'll manage at your sister's wedding dinner, and if eating a Twizzler will blow your diet, you need a reality check. If you have this much time to obsess, maybe you need to find something more constructive to think about. Think beyond yourself. Get some food perspective. Go volunteer at a food bank, women's shelter, or online to sponsor a needy child. Realizing that your excess can actually turn someone else's life around can be very liberating, and motivating. Look at this as an opportunity to not only change your life, but someone else's.

shoutjoy
on 5/19/13 7:24 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: How to never say diet

“You want to eat right, but when you try, you feel like you're starving. Here's how to never say diet.”

If you are dieting and often feel hungry, you may not be on the right program. Dieting doesn't mean starving yourself. It means feeding your body what it needs, when it needs it. Every time you eat, your body goes to work processing that food. If it knows you are going to feed it again regularly, it doesn't hang onto it as hard. It keeps your metabolism burning off excess. Feeling "starved" triggers your body to hang onto excess. Knowing when you are TRULY hungry is the first step. Feeding your body properly with fruits, veggies, lean proteins, whole grains, and nuts (and in calorie friendly portions) is the second. Even if you are eating 5 to 6 meal/snacks per day is okay when done the right way. If you've just embarked on a new program, you may need to give it a couple of weeks to let your body adjust to the new plan, so if you feel the need to eat too often, assess if you are really hungry or just wanting to grab something out of habit. In a short while, you and your body will adjust.

shoutjoy
on 5/14/13 7:13 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Gear Up

“You want to do more, be more, but you are waiting until you feel more prepared. Here's how to gear up.”

Okay, sorry but sitting out in life isn't going to cut it. Sure, you could wait until you are completely on top of your game in life (whatever that means to you). Or, you could start living it now. What do you want to do? If you feel your weight, or your age, or your personality is holding you back, it is. If you feel nothing can hold you back from your dreams, then they won't. Abraham Lincoln once said, "Always bear in mind that your resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing." If you decide to succeed, and actually move toward that success, you will either succeed or be able to know why you didn't, instead of wondering if you could've or just writing off that you can't.

CKatGo
on 5/13/13 6:21 am - VA
Topic: RE: Walking or Biking Partner

I wish that I was close to your area.

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love and self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7
shoutjoy
on 5/12/13 7:45 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Eating Healthy

“You want to eat healthier, but it's such a chore. Here's how to clean up.”

If you've said (probably in a whiny voice), "Eating healthy is more expensive," or "My family doesn't like eating that stuff," or even, "I don't know what to make that's healthy," you are not alone. All of those statements SEEM true, until you overcome them. You are probably just not USED to thinking that way. Start by trying one healthy recipe each week. Yes, there will be some that you or your family doesn't like. You've probably tried new, unhealthy recipes that they didn't like from time to time too. It's okay. Chuck it and try again. There are plenty of very good recipes that will be successes. You may believe that healthy foods are expensive. Depending when produce is in season, and your location, prices will fluctuate. But you can usually work around these issues. You might feel your grocery bill is higher too, if you are buying fresh ingredients in ADDITION to what you normally buy. Once you start REPLACING the processed, pre-packaged foods (and probably a few trips through the drive thru), you'll see that eating well is healthy for your pocketbook too.

shoutjoy
on 5/11/13 8:23 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Walking or Biking Partner

HI all,

With the weather improving, I'm itching to get out and walk or bike ride.  Anyone out there in the Culpeper or Warrenton area wanna join me?

swimbikerun
on 5/9/13 2:50 am
Topic: RE: Hampton roads

I am. Chesapeake. Sleeved 12/11.

shoutjoy
on 5/7/13 7:53 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Stay Motivated

“You want to feel inspired, but there's de-motivation at every turn. Here's how to run it off the road.”

Television, family members, so-called friends, magazine ads, a look in the mirror. There are plenty of things that make us feel bad about ourselves. Things that make us doubt that we'll ever succeed at our goals. So, what are we going to do about them? Eleanor Roosevelt had a great quote, "In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility." We know outside influences will occasionally bring us down, so how do we spring back up? What motivates you? Music? A particular movie? Thinking about God? Standing in the sunshine? Reading uplifting quotes? Exercising? Find what motivates you and keep your goals on the road to success.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views