Recent Posts

tommygirl
on 1/30/10 10:46 pm
Topic: RE: Just got insurance approval! YAY!
Congratulations on your date! I had mine done at Hampton Roads.
tommygirl
on 1/30/10 10:32 pm
Topic: RE: 1st Surgerversary!
Sorry I am late but congrats on your one year anniversaary. You have done great. Mine is coming up on 2 years and it was the second best decision that I ever made. The first was marrying my hubby. 
(deactivated member)
on 1/30/10 9:15 pm - Woodbridge, VA
Topic: RE: VSG In NOVA?
Yes, Dr. Elariny does the DS in NOVA, but be very aware that no matter what insurance you have, he is considered out-of-network for the DS because he bills through a third party, so there will be about $8,000 in upfront out-of-pocket expenses.
(deactivated member)
on 1/30/10 9:12 pm - Woodbridge, VA
Dr. Elariny does the DS, so he knows how to do a VSG (since that's the stomach part of the DS), but he does NOT believe the VSG will have good long-term statistics, so he performs the VSG as a stand-alone procedure quite rarely.
SWEET Tink
on 1/30/10 8:07 pm
HIjack ..
Remember me ? I have wondered where you went to. Are you preparing to do the surgery ?
The names you recieved are very reputable docs.
I would love to get caught up ,

Take care ,
Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

SWEET Tink
on 1/30/10 7:42 pm
Topic: RE: New to the VA board
Hi Kim ,
Welcome to the Va Board.
I too am a patient of Dr. Kreiger. I would not have wanted anyone else to do my surgeries. He was a blessing to me .
He does particapte in insurance , but how he does it is like this . Normally you will pay cash for your proceedures. Once you are done , you would then go to your insurance company and file on your own. Krieger would then give your insurance company what they would need to approve if they did inddeed approvel. His theory is , most insurance companies will not pay for Plastics as a result of WLS. He says that in all the years of his practice , he has had maybe 1 approved.
Now I had my TT approved by BCBS due to the fact I had a hernia that needed repaired..

I would love to share my experiences with you via PM .
If you want write me and I will go over what all entailed and share my photos .

Congratulations on your succesful journey ,

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

Lynn415
on 1/30/10 12:51 pm - Chantilly, VA
Topic: RE: Fair Oaks experience?
Yes... Fair Oaks was wonderful.  The doctors and nurses... even the cleaning lady who would come in every day made a point of not just saying hello but asking if she could do anything for me!  Very impressive team there.  You'll be in good hands.
Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
caroline2622
on 1/30/10 12:19 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Topic: RE: Fair Oaks experience?
I think the most important point is that you will have a top notch surgical team.   FO has a super anesesist team and nursing staff.  

Congratualtions on your day !  You are in good hands

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
vagirl00
on 1/30/10 11:33 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Very friendly, professional, attentive, responsive.  At the time they had a floor that was just for bariatrics (this was 2+ years ago...not sure what they have there now), so the staff knew exactly what they were dealing with and what needed to be done post op.  It was very positive!
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

CandaceHasCurves
on 1/30/10 10:01 am - Alexandria, VA
 Really?Tell me more! What was so good about them? :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views