Recent Posts

Ms Court
on 1/31/10 9:25 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: Monday back on track check in

Morning!  So how did you survive the snowy weekend?  Of course we got more than they were calling for.  Pretty much cancelled all the bday party plans although we did have a weekend long sleepover with lots of neighborhood boys in & out.  I wonder why we can't have a nice snowy weekend when the girlies are at their moms so I can have some piece & quiet.....  I got some great exercise helping my hubby shovel the driveway though, of course my body is feeling it today.  The dog just absolutely loved the snow.  So nothing planned for today other than work, will probably have a disaster to clean when I get home since the girlies are out of school today, probably a lazy, snuggly night with my hubby.

a.m. cuppas & protein in
B - english muffin & yogurt w/granola

S - apple

L - leftovers

S - cheese crackers

D - not sure yet, thinking chicken something or cube steak.

Have a great day & hope it starts your week off wonderfully!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ms Court
on 1/31/10 9:20 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: RE: Fair Oaks experience?
My experience 4 years ago was pretty good considering they were in the middle of the consturction of the bariatric wing.  I didn't care for the night staff but again I give the some slack since there was construction etc.

**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ms Court
on 1/31/10 9:18 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: RE: Just got insurance approval! YAY!
Yeah Candace!!!!!!

Blair Maury
on 1/31/10 11:45 am - Portsmouth, VA
Topic: Interesting article on obesity and additiction
Seems that the same parts of the brain that drive drug addiction cause us to over eat:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/MindMoodNews/addictions-hardwired- brain/story?id=9699738

I had weight loss surgery. I did it the easy way.
Lynn415
on 1/31/10 10:59 am - Chantilly, VA
I had Carefirst BCBS.  I would certainly ask your doctor that question but I think they try to be sure they pick the right ones for the right insurance.  I had a problem like that for a surgery several years ago (unrelated to weight loss) where the insurance tried to deny the anesthesiologist because he was "out of network".  I called and complained that I had not made that choice... it was out of my control and then suddenly it was covered.  Ask in advance, though, just to be sure.

Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
CandaceHasCurves
on 1/31/10 4:18 am - Alexandria, VA
Topic: Aetna Experience?
 Hey everyone!

I'm going to be calling Aetna tomorrow to discuss all their various requirements, but I wanted to check with those of you who had the surgery already and have aetna

...did you run in to any problems with various members of the surgical team being considered "out of network"?

For example, did you have to MAKE SURE your anesthesiologist (spelling!?) was in-network or was that a non-issue if the facility is considered in-network?

Were the labs an issue/person performing them had to be in-network?

Thanks!!
C

CandaceHasCurves
on 1/30/10 11:52 pm - Alexandria, VA
 Thanks!! I am so excited!

Where is Hampton Roads? I just moved out here to Va a year ago so I'm still learning my local geography!
CandaceHasCurves
on 1/30/10 11:51 pm - Alexandria, VA
 Thanks!! That is wonderful to know! I'm hoping to get a tour when I go there to have my labs done in the next month...it sounds like a great place to have it done!
CandaceHasCurves
on 1/30/10 11:48 pm - Alexandria, VA
 Thanks Ladies!

What insurance did/do you have? I have Aetna and I'm just worried that I might get an anesthesiologist (sp?) who is out of network and end up with a giant bill, you know?

Did you experience any problems like that?

Thanks!
C
tommygirl
on 1/30/10 10:48 pm
Topic: RE: Snow!
Never heard of snow cream what is it? I was born and raised in Pa. and never heard of it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views