Recent Posts

Ms Court
on 2/1/10 8:54 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: RE: Fair Oaks experience?
Pretty much but again that was 4 years ago & during construction.  It really wasn't a big issue just one that I noted.  :)

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Lynn415
on 2/1/10 11:36 am - Chantilly, VA
Topic: RE: Monday back on track check in
I have a horrible head cold so was actually very happy to stay home all day Saturday and look out the window at the lovely snow.  The news said Dulles had 3.2 inches... I know we had more like six.  My poor hubby had to shovel 'cause the snow blower was broken.
Awfully cold when I left for work this morning!  At least I could sleep an extra hour since the kids are out for a teacher work day I didn't have to be there until 8!  woo hoo!

B.  protein coffee.  I mix 1 scoop Click, 1scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/4 c. skim milk into a travel mug... and then pour a cup of coffee into it when I get to work and sip on it all morning.
S.  cottage cheese with fruit
L.  small Wendy's chili with cheese
s.  nectar roadside lemonade protein shake
D. 1/2 BP & (sugar free) jelly sandwich
s.  1/2 apple
(with several Hall's cough drops in between...)

Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
virtly
on 2/1/10 8:04 am - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with

It was a stay at home weekend for me.
I will start posting, thanks Courtney for keeping this thread up and going.

Early Morning Kashi Cereal w/1/2 banana /soy milk
Snack - homemade veggie  beef  soup 
Lunch- more soup
Snack- 1/2 banana/peanuts
Dinner yep soup again
Mindless eating 2 - 100 calorie fruit crisp
Coffee if I get the urge to nibble

First day back with the trainer/1 hour session

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/10 7:01 am - Yorktown, VA
Topic: RE: Aetna Experience?
I traveled about 3 hours to Durham Regional Hospital to have the DS with Dr. Sudan of Duke's WLS Center.  Excellent surgeon and excellent hospital and experience.  Duke's admin staff were sucky, though.
aubiefan143
on 2/1/10 4:14 am - herndon , VA
RNY on 01/26/10 with
I just had surgery at Fair Oaks last Tuesday and can't say enough from beginning to end, they were super. I also have Aetna, and though I have not received any bills yet, I should only have a $250.00 co pay for hospital stay. I would only wory about your surgeon and hospital being in network as they are with Aetna, everyone else involved should be covered under hospital....you don't choose your anesthesiologist so how could you choose in-network. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Aetna has covered everything for my (beside co-pay) from psych consult to Nut visits to upper indoscopy (75.00 out patient co pay)
Aetna, and Fair Oaks hospital were just wonderful......so far, and I don't expect any problems.
Good luck
Any other questions feel free to PM me.
Saving a seat on the losers bench for you.

Penny
Highest weight 275 
Surgery weight 241
Goal weight 145
Current
  weight 143 (after TT and Thigh lift)   

CandaceHasCurves
on 2/1/10 1:32 am - Alexandria, VA
 Congrats on your success!!

I will have paid about $850 by the time I have the surgery--between nutritionist requirements, physical therapy requirements and "program" requirements...plus the co-pay.

I'm just terrified of getting hit with a few hundred or thousand dollars in bills not covered by aetna. I'm scared because we had to file bankruptcy over medical bills and "balance billing" from my previous insurance (Blue Cross in Idaho) and no one in our city being "in-network"--so every thing was balance-billed, including medical emergencies and surgeries.

"...seriously a nightmare.

So I'm, obviously, just scared of repeating that nightmare now that we have finally emerged from it. :)

Thanks! What hospital did you have it at?
(deactivated member)
on 2/1/10 1:21 am - Yorktown, VA
I have Aetna and had the DS in November.  (Aetna is one of the few that covers it without a bunch of hoops to jump through.  Have you considered it?)  I just made sure my surgeon and the hospital were in network.  I didn't worry about any of the others and all was well.  My surgery total was about $70k and I've had to pay about $750. 

vagirl00
on 2/1/10 12:09 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Good morning, Courtney:

What a weekend, huh?  We got much more snow here, too...over a foot!  Unreal!  BUT the upside is that, like you, I got some good exercise shoveling both days.  Silver lining, huh?  lol   

I was hoping to start a very rigorous workout program this week, but when I pulled up at the gym, they were closed because of a power outage!  So...I think today is going to be treadmill time instead.  Ah well.

So, the plan for today:

Exercise:  Treadmill

Food:

B:  Protein shake
L:  Soup and salad
S:  Protein shake
D:  Fish and vegetables
S:  Protein shake

Have a great day!
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

vagirl00
on 1/31/10 11:55 pm
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Topic: RE: Interesting article on obesity and additiction
Sure makes sense, doesn't it?  Interesting read, Blair...thanks for sharing!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

CandaceHasCurves
on 1/31/10 10:20 pm - Alexandria, VA
 what was up with the night staff? Slow to respond? General attitude? 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views