Recent Posts

vagirl00
on 2/2/10 6:47 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Topic: RE: Monday back on track check in
It's just a matter of survival.  I am finding a HUGE difference since I stopped working out on a regular basis (weight training) -- I decided I have to get back to being committed to doing it .... or else!  Thankfully, I don't mind doing the computerized coaching/circuit training Curves does...and it burns a lot of calories too!  Woo Hoo!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Tam
on 2/2/10 4:37 am - Richmond, VA
Topic: RE: Everyone okay?
{{{{{Court}}}}}  I miss you so much!!!  I have been going thru a lot lately but thankfully I can see the end in sight!  I have not been on here much due to some personal conflicts with others on here and the fact that Steve still "snoops" into my business and I don't want him knowing everything that goes on in my life.  I am happier now than I have ever been.  Plastics are coming up for me as soon as I am done nursing Claire, home improvements are well under way at my house and I have moved to an apartment while we do the improvements.  It was much easier to live in a different location since we are doing so much.  I am dating a wonderful man and he loves both my girls as if they were his own.  We are planning a vacation for this spring, hopefully a cruise but nothing is set in stone yet.  Other than that I have been purging papers, files and posessions in an effort to declutter my life and I have to say it feels really good!  I am enjoying this time with my family and the closeness we have.  I really miss my mom, more every day but I am doing my best to honor her and her way of life in every way I can.  I wish you the very best at everything and the family as well...tell your hubby and the girlies I said hello!  Love you very much!!! 

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Heide A.
on 2/1/10 11:06 pm - Chantilly, VA
RNY on 02/24/09 with
Topic: RE: Everyone okay?
Courtney, I'm am doing well. I went in yesterday for my official post op visit. We talked about my hernia repair. They are going to submit to my insurance the need for a lower body lift all with the hernia repair since it will help me in the long run and help the hernia. They took pictures so I'm in a wait and see place, but was told that if my insurance denies my skin removal that I could pay out of pocket and it would cost way less since most of the other stuff would be covered under my insurance so who knows..I'm still happy either way and feeling blessed that I had my RNY
364      330      197   175
START  SURGERY  CURRENT GOAL

CandaceHasCurves
on 2/1/10 10:41 pm - Alexandria, VA
Topic: RE: Fair Oaks experience?
 oooh! I'm jealous Aetna covered your nutritionist stuff! Not me! I'm using the surgeon's program and team and they are not covered...he also has a surgery assistant who isn't in-network so I'm bracing for a whopping bill from his office after surgery...

Did you have all your labs done at Fair Oaks, too?

was it $250 for the total hospital stay or $250 per day?

Thanks!!!!!!
CandaceHasCurves
on 2/1/10 10:36 pm - Alexandria, VA
Topic: RE: Fair Oaks experience?
 I know that you're making sure to walk the line:) I appreciate your honesty about your experience.  I would think construction would be an enormous distraction and make it harder for them to do their jobs...but still...what a bummer!

I had a similar experience at Fairfax ER after being admitted...it is scary to be in pain and not be listened to.

..however, the two times I've been back (once for my son, once for me) were in the day and were great.

But all things considered, I'm really glad I'm getting the surgery at Fair Oaks. :)
Ms Court
on 2/1/10 9:06 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: Everyone okay?
Jackie, Penny, Kat, Ann, Melissa, Heide, Tammy, and all the others that I didn't name, just want you to know that I miss you greatly.  I know some of you are struggling with a lot on your plate right now, personally, medically, etc.  I hope that you break through the clouds soon!  Love you all!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ms Court
on 2/1/10 9:01 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: Tuesday back on track check in

So are you all ready for more snow???  I can tell you I am sick of it.  I like a nice snow storm or two each year for the ambeince but enough is enough.  Another 1-3 inches for me tonight (snow, ice, rain) and then a big one again this weekend.  I don't think our kids are ever going to get back in school, they will probably get spring break taken away and go extra in the summer, ugh.  Enjoyed a relaxing evening, in the bed early.  Hubby is upset as the big screen blew up on Sunday, now of course with the big game and Nascar coming we have to look into a new tv.  Anyone have a money tree I can borrow?  We rescheduled the oldest's bday dinner for tonight but we might have to cancel again with the weather issues.  I guess we shall see.  Have a great day!

a.m. cuppas & protein in

B - oatmeal

S - apple

L - leftovers

S - popcorn

D - not sure

**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ms Court
on 2/1/10 8:58 pm - Remington, VA
Hope you feel better soon!!!!

Ms Court
on 2/1/10 8:57 pm - Remington, VA
Glad to see you back.  It is hard keeping up with the thread when there isn't much participation but I need it for me so I just keep pushing on.

Ms Court
on 2/1/10 8:56 pm - Remington, VA
Boy do I need the exercise dedication that you have!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views