Recent Posts

virtly
on 2/3/10 2:37 am - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
Topic: RE: Wednesday back on track check in
Morning Courtney and Fellow Virginians

Back in the gym today, did 5 minutes on the stair climber, 20 minutes on the arc trainer and 20 minutes on the bike. I also worked on my lower body.

Coffee upon getting up.
B- oatmeal
Lunch - soup and too many crackers
Dinner- soup again, queasy stomach today
Yogurt if I feel the urge for something else.
Becky P.
on 2/3/10 12:43 am - Elizabethton, TN
RNY on 01/25/05 with
Topic: Support Groups in Alexandria VA?

I am 5 years post gastric bypass surgery and now live in Alexandria and was wondering if anyone knew of any support groups in the area.  I really need to get back on track and know that I need support from others that have had this surgery.

Thanks!!

vagirl00
on 2/2/10 11:36 pm
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Topic: RE: Wednesday back on track check in

Good morning! 

Boy, was this snowfall pretty?  I woke up and thought I was transported to Colorado or something!  :)  Of course, it also meant shoveling...ugh...BUT, it is done now and I can get in and out, which is a good thing. 

I hadn't heard three feet for the weekend...but at this point, nothing would surprise me!  I guess we all need to hunker down and plan on a weekend at home.  I did see that we are also supposed to get snow again on Tuesday....this is wild!  :)

The snow is playing havoc with my working out daily, as planned.  The gym has been closed more than it has been open of late...so I guess it is a good thing I have to shovel so much snow! 

I have decided to use this afternoon and evening to purge my refrigerator and pantry of foods I have been reaching for waaayyy too much.  I am going back to my protein packed foods, and making sure I have a lot of good fruits and veggies within easy reach.  My project for the day!

So here's the plan:

Exercise:  Shoveling snow (done) and treadmill later today

Food:

B:  Greek yogurt w/Go Lean
S:  Protein shake
L:  Egg salad wrap
S:  Protein shake
D:  Good question...something healthy and delish (!!)
S:  Protein pudding

Have a good one!

Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Ms Court
on 2/2/10 10:56 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: Wednesday back on track check in

Ah yes they did up the snow to 3-6 and we got closer to 6.  Not sure my girlies will make it to school at all this week.  And the rumor for the weekend is 3 feet, ugh.  I think my hubby snuck in a leave slip for Saturday so that we can spend the weekend together.  We did make it out to dinner last night which was nice, even nicer was the fact that my bil picked up the tab.  Nothing planned for tonight although I do have to figure out a time to get to the grocery store before Friday.  Hope you have a great day!!!

a.m. cuppas & protein done

B - oatmeal

S - apple

L - leftovers

S - popcorn

D - porkchops

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

CandaceHasCurves
on 2/2/10 8:58 pm - Alexandria, VA
Topic: RE: Fair Oaks experience?
 Thanks Penny!

Dr. Anez's assistant is only in the blue cross network; he doesn't participate in the aetna network (unlike the surgeon) so  I will likely get balance-billed for his fee (what ever he charges minus what aetna pays him)...

So didn't you have a surgery co-pay, also in addition to the hospital co-pay?

I have an Aetna QPOS plan so maybe that is different from yours?

Thanks for all your information!
C
aubiefan143
on 2/2/10 9:55 am - herndon , VA
RNY on 01/26/10 with
Topic: RE: Fair Oaks experience?
I could have used the office NUT's also, but I would have had to pay them, then submit to insurance and see if they would pay. That is why I used the hospital program.

I had my labs done at Quest diagnostic and my chest x-ray at Fairfax Radiology.

I don't understand why you would have to pay extra for the surgery assistant. That should be covered under the Dr being in network. I would assume my Dr had an assistant and if he did, he better not be sending me a seperate bill...lol

$250.00 SHOULD be my entire bill.....I only have a co-pay of $250.00 per stay.

Good luck, hope everything goes well for you

Penny
Highest weight 275 
Surgery weight 241
Goal weight 145
Current
  weight 143 (after TT and Thigh lift)   

virtly
on 2/2/10 8:54 am - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
Topic: RE: Tuesday back on track check in

Working on improving my bad habits,
Breakfast - 2 poached eggs/1 turkey sausage patty
Lunch - Salad w/boiled eggs.cranraisins,walnuts, cucumbers,red peppers w/greek vinaigrette
Snack - nuts/5 pieces of hard candy
Dinner - Maui Maui
Coffee

I will exercise tomorrow.

caroline2622
on 2/2/10 8:50 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Topic: RE: Interesting article on obesity and additiction

Thanks for sharing

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
caroline2622
on 2/2/10 8:49 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Topic: RE: Everyone okay?
Thank you for asking     Trust all is well with you. 

I have recovered from my extended TT and hernia repair ... Getting used to the new me.     I joined a new gym with a pool.  Love swimming and water aerobics. 

Got stuck a few extra days in North Carolina ... Ice issues    Stayed indoors near the fire and played Farmville....   Back in No Va and back to work.

Stay warm and thank you for checking on all of us.

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
vagirl00
on 2/2/10 6:52 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Topic: RE: Tuesday back on track check in
This weather IS crazy, isn't it?  I just heard 3-6" now....THEN the weekend!  The upside:  the great workout shoveling!  Hehe  Gotta stay positive.

Exercise:  15 minutes cardio
                45 minutes circuit training

Food:

B:  Muscle Milk Light RTD
L:  Soup, salad and 1/2 cheese quesadilla
S:  Nuts
D:  Not sure yet...hmmm....
S:  Protein pudding

Have a good evening, Courtney!  I hope you're able to have the birthday celebration!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views