Recent Posts

vagirl00
on 2/3/10 11:53 pm
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Topic: RE: Travelling 3 weeks after surgery - Need advice
There are so many restrictions these days as to what we can take with us on flights -- my suggestion is to talk to your surgeon's nutritionist and see what he/she suggests based on the time frame after surgery, taking into account the restriction on liquids, etc.  I wish I could be more help -- there are just so many variables because of all of the security restrictions. 

Congrats on the upcoming surgery!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

vagirl00
on 2/3/10 11:48 pm
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Topic: RE: OT Virginia's very own on Grey's Anatomy
Very cool!  I love Grey's and watch it faithfully -- so now I will have something extra to look forward to!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Ms Court
on 2/3/10 10:47 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: Thursday back on track check in

Hello all!!  Well I hit the grocery store last night to get prepared for the weekend.  I was ready to go off on people by the time I got done.  It was a mad house.  Enjoyed some quality snuggle time with my hubby and then we went to bed.  Nothing planned for tonight.  I believe we are only getting one girlie tonight as the other has asked to go to a friends house.  At least that means it will be a bit quieter.  Gotta talk to the boss today about what our procedure for tomorrow will be in case the weather gets bad before closing time.  I see long walks in the snow, fireplace snuggling, and shoveling in my future.  Have a great day!!

a.m. cuppas & protein in

B - oatmeal & cinnamon raisen englis muffin

S - granola bar & banana

L - leftovers

S - peanut butter crackers

D - enchiladas.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ms Court
on 2/3/10 10:38 pm - Remington, VA
Protein would be a good thing.  The vials always travel well.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

virtly
on 2/3/10 7:12 pm, edited 2/4/10 9:52 am - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
Topic: OT Virginia's very own on Grey's Anatomy
Please watch Grey's Anatomy tonight. My friend's son will be Chandra's Wilson's new love interest. His real name is Jason George.

He was the love interest of Eve on Eve's show and also played in Barbershop.
caroline2622
on 2/3/10 11:21 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Topic: RE: Support Groups in Alexandria VA?
Check out Fair Oaks Hospital they have a meeying ... Fairfax Hospital may have them as well

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
LillieGracesMom
on 2/3/10 11:10 am
Forgot to mention that I'm having the Realize band surgery.

LillieGracesMom
on 2/3/10 11:04 am
Topic: Travelling 3 weeks after surgery - Need advice
Hi, I'm scheduled to have my surgery on 3/4/10 and will be travelling by plane to Chicago from Virginia three weeks after surgery.  My doc. has already approved the trip, granted I get up and walk around and do leg exercises to prevent clots.  My question is, what food will I be able to eat at the airport?  For example, what if my flight is delayed for hours and I am stuck at the airport and get hungry.  Someone suggested I bring baby food along in my carry-on, but I wonder would I be allowed to bring that since I'm not travelling with a baby and I know that the airlines are strict about what you can and can't bring on a flight.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Heather
P.S. I posted this on the Realize board, too, but figured I'd get more feedback if I posted this on several boards.  Thanks!

callinwildfire
on 2/3/10 6:43 am - Levels, WV
Topic: RE: Snow!
I've used lowfat milk,equal,vanilla,a scoop of vanilla flavored unjury protein powder and of course snow, and it turns out pretty good. Love the stuff! Pam
vagirl00
on 2/3/10 6:42 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Topic: RE: Support Groups in Alexandria VA?
Welcome to the area, Becky! 

The support group that comes to mind that may work well for you is the one at Potomac Hospital.  It is the first Thursday of each month in the Education Center (behind the hospital, lower floor) and runs from 6:30 - 8:00 PM. 

There is also another support group in Fredericksburg on the second Wednesday of each month at the Free Lance Star Building in old town Fredericksburg.  It is from 7:00 -8:30 PM. 

I hope this is a help!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

....Helen Keller

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views