Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/10 12:40 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Topic: RE: Optima Family Care Insurance??

Hi Shannon,

In many cases insurance companies do require a 3 or a 6 month supervised diet as well as co-morbidities. They hope that you will back out and not persue it. If this is indeed a requirement , talk to your insurance to see what they will accept because sometimes they accept weigh****chers but not always...

So I think your first step should be to call your new insurance company and ask them what the requirements tare oday and then at least you will know...

Good luck and keep us posted...

Jackie

tommygirl
on 2/7/10 12:35 pm
Topic: RE: Optima Family Care Insurance??
I have Optima Health and I had type 2 diabetes and I was approved within 2 weeks. I didnt have to wait at all. I dont know if its the same insurance or not.  Good luck and I hope you dont have to wait 6 months and if you do that 6 months will go by fast, and the wait will be worth it all.
Tomygirl
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/10 10:05 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Topic: Canceled Fred/Stafford Support Group Meeting

Canceled……canceled…… canceled…….canceled…..canceled……..

Fredericksburg/Stafford Weight Loss Group Support Meeting will be canceled on the 10th February  (Wednesday, 02/10/10) due to the forcested bad weather conditions.

Next meeting will be on the March 10th  at 7.30pm where we will be discussing reading labels, eating out, making good food choices, restaurants that are good places for us to eat at……

See you all next month!

Jackie and Sue

ShannonMcClellan
on 2/7/10 1:52 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Topic: Optima Family Care Insurance??
I had medicaid and was put into Optima Family Care. I called and asked their requirements to cover the surgery back in May and they told me they just needed a letter from my PCP stating that it was medically necessary. I got that but I heard they may have changed their policy and require a 6 month supervised diet. Does anyone know if this is true?? I sure hope not. I've been dieting for about 15years already and have type 2 diabetes is that not enough for these people??
vagirl00
on 2/6/10 9:06 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Topic: RE: Friday back on track check in
I just started back at Curves.  I have found much more personal success there than at a regular gym (I was a member of Sport and Health for a year, and didn't find the success there that I had the year before at Curves with their computerized coaching system). 

I have heard that Gold's Gym is very good -- and that they have some wonderful classes!  Wonderful that you are going, and so regularly!  I think one of the most difficult parts of our new life style changes is getting into a regular exercise routine.

Stay warm!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

vagirl00
on 2/6/10 4:39 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Topic: RE: Snowed in and nothing to do but EAT!!!

Good for you!!!  It really has to be a lifestyle change, and you are on the right track!  :)

Last night I made homemade pasta fagioli soup (a lightened version I found a recipe for) and it was wonderful and very "comforting."  Today is going to be chili -- packed with protein to help with all of the shoveling that is going on. 

Oh, the fun...  :)

Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

caroline2622
on 2/6/10 2:49 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
I am doing great..... Started water aerobics at LA Fitness   nice new pool and cheaper than Chinns     Bit too cold this week but will keep trying..

Dang snow does make me want to graze.. but getting alot of exersize shoveling.....  

Making chili tonight   ... good protein... 

Great you are doing well   Keep in touch

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Lynn415
on 2/6/10 1:35 am - Chantilly, VA
Yes... snowed in with my hubby and 25 yr old son.  They want comfort food, so made a ground beef/pasta dish last night and I ate around the pasta as best I could.  This morning make bacon and cheesy scrambled eggs for breakfast.  I least that's mostly protein!  Unfortunately, I can't help with the shoveling because I'm recovering from hip surgery so will try to do an extra set of  Wii fit exercises!
Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
virtly
on 2/5/10 9:24 pm - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
Caroline

How r u doing? I am back in the gym working on losing 30 more pounds. Trying to avoid grazing by being snowed in.
newmeintwentyten
on 2/5/10 7:53 pm
Topic: RE: OT Virginia's very own on Grey's Anatomy

Will do, I will head over to abc.com now.  Wishing him continued success!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views