Recent Posts

CandaceHasCurves
on 2/8/10 3:29 am - Alexandria, VA
Topic: RE: Support Groups in Alexandria VA?
 Hey! I'm in Alexandria, too--in Del Ray--and my surgeon's support group is in herndon--not exactly easy for me!

I am set to have surgery on March 10--but--I would be more than happy to help start our own little informal group here in Alexandria!

Candace
jennella505
on 2/8/10 3:08 am - Alexandria, VA
RNY on 05/03/10 with
Topic: RE: Fair Oaks experience?
I'm so glad to hear that Fair Oaks is a good place to have surgery.  My surgery date is set for March 15 there. 

Lynn415
on 2/8/10 12:29 am - Chantilly, VA
Topic: RE: Monday back on track check in
I live just south of Dulles Airport (10 minutes) and the official snow total there was 32.4 inches.
We are still snowed in.  No plow on our cul-de-sac yet.  I hope they get us plowed today so we can get out for a grocery run before the next storm hits.  We've got a lot of food in the house but starting to run a little low on some of the essentials.
B:  1/2 c. raisin bran
S:  protein coffee
L:  tuna salad
S:  protein shake
D: probably chicken something-or-other...  I know there's lots of chicken in the freezer.
Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
Ms Court
on 2/7/10 10:44 pm, edited 2/7/10 10:45 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: Monday back on track check in

Well how are you all surviving the snow?  Not too bad here.  Had a pretty lazy Saturday, did get the back deck shoveled a few times as we were worried about it getting too heavy and collapsing.  Yesterday we did a section of the driveway in front of the garage where it drifted badly and in front of the mailbox.  Tried to go in the yard to play with the dog some and ended up wrenching my knee pretty badly so now I am trying to limit my movemenet, ice it up, and take some tylenol.  Not good for me.  We had a great time this weekend though, my bil came home for the weekend, one of my good friends came over to get snowed in & we had no kids.  We watched movies, played games, did some good cooking.  What fun!   My weight is up today big time, my guess is one it is TOM for me & two my leg is big time swollen.  Will have to see what happens in the next few days.

a.m. cuppas are in, protein drink probably at some point today
B - leftover pancakes, sausage, and bacon
S - probably none
L - either leftover chili or a sandwich
S - banana or some yellow pepper slices
D - guess I better check to see what is in the freezer

Have a great day!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

virtly
on 2/7/10 9:35 pm - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
Topic: RE: OT Virginia's very own on Grey's Anatomy
Hi Jackie,

Yes he is.

Hoped that you are not snowbound like the rest of us in the area. What classes do you take at Gold's Gym. 
It is open today and I will go there around 11. Need to get a decent workout in before I lose my interest.

Raven
ShannonMcClellan
on 2/7/10 2:38 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Topic: RE: Optima Family Care Insurance??
Thank you guys so much for replying. I'm calling first thing tomorrow morning but I've already scheduled a visit with my pcp in case it is a requirement. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it isnt...
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/10 1:05 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Topic: RE: Everyone okay?
Hi Courtney,

I am sorry I have had so much going on in my life right now and all this bad weather is not helping things!l

I am doing fine  - apart from a bad knee that is better bit still gives way under me sometimes -  I promise to try and be better at coming on the boards - one of my computers is broken and I hope to have it in for repair tomorrow - weather permitting and if they can fix it in a couple of days -  I should be good to go again during the day!

I miss you all and hope we ll get back to posting again on here soon...

Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/10 12:54 pm, edited 2/7/10 12:55 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Topic: RE: Travelling 3 weeks after surgery - Need advice
Cindy is right - there are just so many restrictions that  my suggestion would be protein powder and a note from your doctor staing that you need to carry these things. Your nutritionist should also be able to help you on this...

Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/10 12:50 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Topic: RE: OT Virginia's very own on Grey's Anatomy
OMG he is gorgeous!!! I will vote for him any day lol!

Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/10 12:47 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Topic: RE: Snowed in and nothing to do but EAT!!!
Oh I hear ta! I have been stuck in all last weekend with my 6 year old son - and all this week as he only had school one day of it, then this weekend with him too - and school is already been canceled  tomorrow - I am about ready to jump off a bridge!! lol   His dad refuses to take him when the weather is bad as he "cant deal with him"

But I have been pretty good at not grazing. I made chicken stew, vegetable and beef soup,  turkey chili and comfort food kind of dishes but made healthily - and then I also made protein balls for my sweet tooth....

So I am not feeling too bad about my eating  - just bored senseless!!

And just as we are recovering - it will snow again on Tuesday/Wednesday - I am so ready for this snow to end!!

Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views