Recent Posts

Ms Court
on 2/10/10 10:40 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: Thursday back on track chack in
Morning all!  Sorry to have dropped the ball on posting yesterday.  I had a lazy morning and then got busy shoveling, after that it was an achey knee that required a long hot bath & nap, then it was a busy evening with the girlies.  Tuesday night my hubby came home & rescued me, took me out to dinner and to the grocery store, the girlies decided to stay an extra day with their mom.  Have to say since they are teens it is hard to get them to help out, hopefully today we can get the help with shoveling but I highly doubt it.  Today I will work on shoveling, a bit of house cleaning, laundry & packing for my weekend trip to New York.  I am so excited to spend time with my girlfriends and get away for a bit.

cuppas in
B - ?
S - ?
L - leftovers or a sandwich
S - ?
D - cheesy chicken & rice

Have a great day!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Tina22026
on 2/9/10 9:50 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Topic: RE: snow injury
 Oh wow!  Sorry to hear this Caroline...hope for a speedy recovery and lessening of the pain soon!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Tina22026
on 2/9/10 9:49 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Topic: RE: Beauty After Weight Loss
 What a great idea!  Thank  you for sharing this and I look forward to attending a seminar!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

wjoegreen
on 2/9/10 8:58 pm, edited 2/9/10 9:16 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Topic: RE: Tuesday back on track check in
Pure Protein, they come in multiple flavors, I like the chocholate delux best.
180 cal, 40 from fat, 2 g sugar, 4 gms sugar alcohol, 20 gms protein 17 g carbs.

I also like (as my 2nd choice) BALANCE Gold, flavor: triple chocolate chaos; 210 cal, 60 from fat, lots of vitamins and minrals, 23 gm carb, 15g sugar (no sugar alcohol) 14 g protein.

Just be careful....they are extremely easy to cross from meal replacement or protein snack to grazing munch food.  It is stil calroies in versus calories used but they are a really easy way to get in my protein too.

NOTE: the Pure Protein bars recommend best results when eaten with 8 oz of water; so 1 bottle water and 2 bars go together really well.  Take a bite and 1-2 oz swig of water and work that around in your mouth into a muddy consistency then swallow.  It makes it last longer, provides more taste and satisfaction, more chewing;,,, Psych job, you are eating.  And if you wait afterwards, you do feel full.,..a least I do.  Be warned,...The sugar alcohol will encourage gas.

Good luck there dude.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Ken Currin
on 2/9/10 5:45 pm - South Hill, VA
On February 9, 2010 at 8:25 AM Pacific Time, wjoegreen wrote:
Sounds like you are out of pain-killers too! 

Which hurts more,..the leg or how much stuff hubby will bring home from the grocery store, more than you asked for?

How about making a game of putting stuff away or put in the laundry to get the girlies to help while having fun too.  You could be Mary Poppins,...practically perfect in every way!!!  Spit-spot!
They could earn treat, snuggle time, game, video, or some other priviledge points.  $10 build-a-bears or a new B-A-B outfit are always a hit with my girls (we only have about 30 critters or so now)

Opps,..almost forgot:

B: 2 protein bars &  bottle water
S: 1 cup oatmeal w/ honey & protein, protein bar, & bottle water
L; 1 cup oatmeal (rest of the bowl I made this morning b4 work), 2 boiled eggs
s: 2 fig bars, 2 protein bars, bottle water
D: 2 protein bars and bottle water (City Council Mtg tonight after work)
Joe, 

What protein bars are you buying? I have got to find something to start eating that is quick and available so I will stay away from the bad stuff.

Lynn415
on 2/9/10 10:13 am - Chantilly, VA
Totally off schedule today trying to get out and get a few things done before the next storm hits.
B: 1/2 c. raisin bran
L: chicken salad and fruit
S:  Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte (Starbucks!)
D: chicken salad and fruit
S:  Protein shake and maybe a frozen fruit bar later

Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
Lynn415
on 2/9/10 10:09 am - Chantilly, VA
Went to physical therapy today for my hip surgery recovery.  I was the only one in there working on a leg thing.  Everyone else seemed to be doing shoulder exercises.  I think there have been a lot of shoveling injuries the past few days.  Hope yours turn out to be a quick recovery!
Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
vagirl00
on 2/9/10 8:04 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
It appears I have found my life's work:  shoveling snow!!!  It seems to be all I do these days, and looking outside right now...there's going to be a lot more of it in my future.  Agh...

I am glad to hear that your knee is doing better, Courtney.  Be careful with it in the days to come with this weather!

Here's the day so far today:

Exercise:  1 hour of shoveling this morning

Food:

B:  Muscle Milk Light
L:  Soup and cheese quesadilla (1/2)
S:  Banana
D:  TBD
S:  Protein pudding

I hope everyone has a great evening.  Joe, have fun at that meeting!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

vagirl00
on 2/9/10 7:56 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
It is amazing the injuries that come from shoveling!  Please take care and let us know how you are doing!  Good thoughts and prayers coming your way for a quick and full recovery! 
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

virtly
on 2/9/10 3:27 am - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
I'm fighting a stomach virus, just feel yukky.
I made it to the gym yesterday and did 30 minutes on the arch trainer and also did upper body strength training. Missed my 5 a.m. training with my trainer, just too messy that early in the morning.

Breakfast- oatmeal
Lunch- wedding soup couldn't eat much
Dinner- baked cod
Snack- yogurt and a handful of cashews
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views