Recent Posts

MerMer
on 2/16/10 2:17 am, edited 2/16/10 2:18 am
Topic: RE: Disturbing Conversation
Thanks Tammy,

I have calmed down now some.

Even though I still don't eat alot of food, but of what I do eat I besure that it is good protein. I take my vitamins everyday and keep my appts with my surgeon, I think I may get on his nerve soemtimes, but I just like to be sure that I am doing the correct thing.

My last appt. showed everything was good except my vitamin D was low. So I take a vitamin D supplement once a week.

virtly
on 2/16/10 1:34 am - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
Topic: RE: Monday Back On Track -
Read the message that I sent to you about the protein pudding and your meals. It is under Courtney's name. I goofed.
virtly
on 2/16/10 1:32 am - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
Topic: RE: Monday Back On Track -
You have been so successful. and here I sit still trying to reach my goal. I have reviewed your menu and see that you normally have 1 meal a day. This has worked for you, how long have you been doing this? Where do you purchase the protein pudding and does it gives you the satiety that we all are forever seeking? Your response will help a great deal.

Raven
Tam
on 2/16/10 1:03 am - Richmond, VA
Topic: RE: Tuesday Back on Track Check in
Good morning beautiful.  Glad you enjoyed your weekend....I did as well!  Yesterday was non-stop and I didn't have a chance to pop in and post ... but I am trying to get better about that!  Today is another busy busy busy one and I am loving it!  It keeps me active and helps me get in the exercise I need and want!

am vits and cuppas in
early am snack-banana
b-2 eggs over med with shredded cheese and a piece of toast
s-protein drink
l-fage yogurt and pineapple
s-protein drink
d-chillean sea bass, succotash and mashed taters

I'm off to the gym now for two hours of cardio and swimming!  Got a couple of new bathing suits that I need to break in...lol

Have a great day!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Tam
on 2/16/10 12:59 am - Richmond, VA
Topic: RE: Disturbing Conversation
I am happy to report that the information your coworker shared is FALSE!!!!!  My cousin and my aunt are both over 20 years post op and I know tons of people over 15 years post op and they are doing wonderful.  It is important to have your yearly checkups with your surgeon (for life, not just until you reach goal) and it is important to take your vitamins and have your blood checked.  If you want to be successful then you have to make a life change forever. 

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

MerMer
on 2/16/10 12:15 am, edited 2/16/10 2:20 am
Topic: Disturbing Conversation
Hello All
I hope everyone is doing well. Happy Belated Valentine's Day

This morning I was talking to a coworker and another coworker walked up to us and started telling us about a friend of hers that had passed away. She went on to say that her friend had the gastric bypass surgery about 6 years ago and at how the surgery is so bad for people. I didn't say anything I just listened to her, I don't share my personal business with her because she is one of the office gossips. As a matter of fact I haven't shared it with any of my coworkers. I keep personal business just that personal.

But she went on to say that the life span for people who have the surgery is 10 to 12 years after the surgery. I don't believe that. She went to say how she has done exstensive research on this surgery and most people die after 10 to 12 years because of malnutrition.

I am too upset to even research because I don't want to even think that it could be half true. Have any of you heard this before. Are there any long timers out there that can ease my nerves on this.

I am only 42 and I would hate to think that I had this surgery to help stick around longer to see my grands and only to find out that it may help to shorten it.

prissy25
on 2/15/10 11:20 pm - Barboursville, VA
Topic: RE: Just some figures
Thanks Tessy, it hasnt been easy but the tool is there you just have to work it. Stay focused and you will do well yourself.... 
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

prissy25
on 2/15/10 11:18 pm - Barboursville, VA
Topic: RE: Just some figures
Thanks Court your the beauty here !!!!!
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

virtly
on 2/15/10 10:57 pm - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
Topic: RE: Tuesday Back on Track Check in
Morning Courtney and others,

Early morning coffee

Breakfast salmon and English muffin
Snack- chobani strawberry yogurt
Lunch - soup and salad
Dinner- grilled salmon and asparagus
Snack- peanuts

Will do a few ab exercises today.