Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/10 11:36 pm - Yorktown, VA
Topic: RE: Stinky Poops/Gas!! I can't take it anymore!!!
What surgery did you have?  I know with the DS too many carbs/sugar can cause gas. 
Heide A.
on 2/23/10 10:36 pm - Chantilly, VA
RNY on 02/24/09 with
Topic: It's Been One Year...
Wow, what a year it has been for me. I had my RNY one year ago today. My life and my body have changed so much in this past yr, that it still amazes me. I have never been happier, healthy and more confident. Every morning I wake thankful that I had my surgery and that my ins. paid for my surgery. The only thing I wish I could change is that I had made this choice for me sooner. I have to thank all of you for your support, encouragement, and inspiration that you have give me. I was an fat fuzzy Caterpillar and now I am becoming a butterfly.
364      330      197   175
START  SURGERY  CURRENT GOAL

Ms Court
on 2/23/10 9:29 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: Wednesday back on track check in
Morning all!  How are you today?  Good here, although still feeling a bit tired.  Had a quiet evening last night, did dinner, a few loads of laundry and watched AI.  Not much else other than time with the girlies.  Today I have a meeting at work and lots of other stuff to work on.  Hopefully get home at a decent time tonight, have a nice dinner and take the dog for a walk before AI.  Not much else planned.

a.m. protein & cuppas in
B - yogurt & english muffin
S - a few bites of steak
L - pbj & chips
S - a few bites of steak
D - ?

Have a great day!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ms Court
on 2/23/10 9:25 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: RE: Tuesday Back on Track Check in
Welcome back!!!  What recipe do you use for your protein balls?

**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

tramsdale1
on 2/23/10 9:02 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: Warrenton Bypass WLS Support Group
We have our monthly meeting is tomorrow at 6 pm located at the Bistro on the Hill (Fauquier Hospital).  The meeting lasts approximately 2 hours.  The Warrenton Bypass WLS Support Group is an Open Forum Support Group for patients in the Northern Virginia area who have had weight loss surgery. We share experiences and information with each other in hopes of enlightening and encouraging each other in our journey out of obesity.  Our main goal is health, support and friendship towards each other as we walk the road out of obesity to the path of great psychological strength and physical health.  We welcome freinds and family to attend also. 

Look for the table with the flowers and all of the smiling faces at the table.
cpatters
on 2/23/10 7:02 am - Rockingham County, VA
Ok.. I gotta get back on track. I am on the zombie shift...(graveyard shift ) so my menu is all messed up.
b-coffee
s-protein ball
d-1 slice homemade pizza
s-protein ball
l- protein oatmeal with yogurt
s-protein ball

Hope I dont munch too much at work tonight.... I've got to stay in control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 6:33

Seek ye first the kingdom of God

caroline2622
on 2/23/10 4:52 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Cass talk with Dr. Mo's nurse Pam..  Ask if increasing water intake may help.    

I am sorry you are having issues, I do not have the gas issue too much.  I do know if I drink too fast I take in air I have issues,,,,,  Make sure you are not using a straw.   Did it once and never never again.... Major gas attack and explosive..   

Keep track of what you are eating vs the gas.  That may help.

Keep in touch and look forward to hearing from you again on the VA Forum

Caroline

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
vagirl00
on 2/23/10 4:41 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Hi, Cass: 

Courtney covered it -- I also would suggest you contact your surgeon's office and see what they recommend. 

Congrats on such a wonderful weight loss! 
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

vagirl00
on 2/23/10 4:39 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Hey, Courtney!

I am sorry I haven't been here over the last couple of days -- I was out of town.  Now that I am back, I am going to get back into my regular routine, to include exercise beginning tomorrow morning.  While away I managed to stay on track and get loads of walking in while being a tourist, so that is a good thing.  Today is recuperating...tomorrow is "back at it!"

Exercise:  Day Off

Foods:

B:  Muscle Milk Light
L:  Soup and 1/2 mixed quesadilla
S:  Protein bar
D:  Apple pie flavored Greek yogurt
S:  Protein pudding pie

Have a good evening!
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Ms Court
on 2/23/10 4:22 am - Remington, VA
I don't think the stomach noises ever go away.  Most all of us have them in varying degrees.

As for the gas/poops/farts, this can be somewhat controlled by what you eat & medicines like gas x or beano.  Again not much you can really do about it though.

Sorry that it is something that you are very bothered by.  I hope that you can find a solution, perhaps talk with your dr. about options.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views