Recent Posts

SWEET Tink
on 3/3/10 2:53 pm
Topic: DC SPRING FLING - MEET AND GREET NOTICE

My support group is hosting a Spring Meet and Greet April 30th - May 2nd. Right here in Washington DC.
Where : HYATT DULLES
Hyatt Dulles

2300 Dulles Corner Blvd.,
Herndon, Virginia, USA 20171

Tel: +1 703 713 1234 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +1 703 713 1234      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    Fax: +1 703 713 3410

You can get the room rate by visiting my web site www.vawlsevents.com 
I cannot post them here .  
Please use this confirmation number when booking : 35421404
GROUP NAME IS : LIFESTARTS

Friday we will all try to meet in the lobby to decide what to do for dinner.
Saturday will be spent touing down town DC. Back to the hotel later that evening, We will all go out to dinner somewhere in the area . Then back to the hotel to hang out in the lounge or pool .
Sunday : Breakfast and Check out .

This is not like one of my conferences . This is strictly a Meet and Greet .
I would love for you all to come out and enjoy meeting some of your fellow OH'ers .. and enjoy Spring Time in Washington DC .

If you have any questions or concerns , please email me here .

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/10 11:25 am
Topic: RE: bluepoint surgical
For those of you with Dr. Halmi, what does the program fee cover?  I started my program at Mary Washington and LOVED dr. Stelmack.  I paid a fee for my nutritionist for the duration of the program, that's it.  And I saw the DR and the NUTRITIONIST every visit.  I had to DEMAND to see Dr. Halmi and the Nutritionist after giving them a year of fills with nurse practitioners.  I am refusing to pay a "program fee" when I only go for fills,a nd had to pay for the nutritionist the one time I saw her! Is this NORMAL!?  My sister was banded in Roanoke and she has not had any type of program fees, she just goes and pays for her fill and sees her dr every other fill.
caroline2622
on 3/3/10 8:45 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Topic: RE: New to VA forum and OH.

Welcome Tammy to the VA forum ... Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing .. 

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
vdix04
on 3/3/10 5:56 am
Topic: RE: Looking for VSG surgeon in VA
I had a VBG with VSG with Dr. Elairny in Northern Va, and I have no complaints at all.  There were some out of pocket costs with the band since insurance doesn't cover it, and they also bill you up front for the program fee post surgery whi*****ludes doctor's visits-but insurance might cover these and reimburse patients.  I used my flex spending money to cover the out of pocket costs.  Like what another poster said I had my surgery at Fair Oaks and am sooo happy that I did. Fairfax INVOA is just too big of a hospital and do not provide private rooms for biartic patients.  Good luck with your search.

Tam
on 3/3/10 5:44 am - Richmond, VA
Topic: RE: Wednesday back on track check in
Well, today has been another busy one for me and I love, love, love it!  Staying on the go and busy keeps me motivated and from grazing.  I've just gotten home from round two at the gym and have been helping my aunt and uncle today.  Now it's time for laundry and cooking dinner.  Otherwise no plans!

am cuppas, vits and proteins in
b-yogurt and banana
s-protein drink
l-skipped today
s-protein drink
d-chicken baked and corn and peas

Have a great day!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Ms Court
on 3/2/10 10:10 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: Wednesday back on track check in
Good Morning!  How are you today?  Doing well here.  Did get some relaxation in yestereday but of course it is never enough.  Tammy, sounds like you are a busy bee lately.

Took a nice walk yesterday evening, working on getting my exercise in.  Hoping to start really working harder on that.  Nothing really planned for today other than work.  Hubby gets to go to "Class Ring" show/order night at school tonight, our "son" is coming over for homework help, and of course dog will want to go for a walk.  Hope you all have a great day!

a.m. cuppas & protein are in
B - yogurt & english muffin
S - banana
L - leftovers
S - granola bar
D - not sure yet

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Tam
on 3/2/10 3:20 am - Richmond, VA
Topic: RE: Tuesday back on track check in
Hello!  Had a busy day yesterday and today too!  I've been cooking and baking in preparation for a dinner tonight.  Also had an appointment earlier that went well.  Lots left to do so.....

am cuppas, protein and vits in
b-yogurt and banana
s-protein drink
l-tuna salad
s-protein drink
d-veggie beef soup, steamed cabbage and pork chops

Have a great day!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Lynn415
on 3/2/10 2:24 am - Chantilly, VA
Topic: RE: Tuesday back on track check in
Was at a meeting until almost 10 PM and back at work at 7 this am so reaaaalllly tired! And I'm working part time at a tax office in addition to my regular job right now so will leave here at 3 pm and then work at the tax office from 4 to 9 pm. I guess I can sleep after April 15th!!
B: protein coffee
S: 1/2 pb/J sandwich
L: low fat cottage cheese w/ fruit
S: hummus and pita chips
D: tuna salad
S: protein shake
Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
Ms Court
on 3/1/10 10:56 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: Tuesday back on track check in
Morning all!  Home today, kind of a mental health day & the hubby had a dr. appt. so I thought it would be nice to spend the day with him.  Got some of my grocery shopping done yesterday, got home for dinner & took the dog for a walk then it was some tv time before bed.  Not sure what I will do with my day today.  I know some walking with the dog, perhaps some house stuff, we shall see.

a.m. cuppas in
B - cereal
S - banana
L - not sure
S - protein drink
D - not sure yet

Have a great day!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

virtly
on 3/1/10 9:23 pm - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
Topic: RE: Monday back on track check in
I was in Memphis this past weekend. Spent quality time with friends. Foodwise, was not great.
I on point, now that I'm back.

So far 2 workouts this week and my eating has been on point.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views