Recent Posts

dwpersel
on 3/21/10 12:29 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Topic: RE: Special REquest Please
I will hold all of you in The Light. Prayers to you all.

Diana

Ken Currin
on 3/21/10 11:55 am, edited 3/21/10 11:56 am - South Hill, VA
Topic: I need menu
I have got to get back on track eating right. Now that I am well over 17 months post op, I am finding that I can just about eat anything. Which is not good. I liked it better when I had immediate reactions and was sticking to the right stuff.

I find myself eating fast food, but I don't call it fast food, would order the GRILLED chicken combo, then the occassional hamburger combo.

I just wished I had a menu and that is what I ate. I want to eat breakfast but never know what to eat. Lunch is always a restruant, not sure what to eat anymore.

Weight has been stuck, which is ok, but wi**** was stuck about 20 pounds lighter.
vagirl00
on 3/21/10 8:22 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Topic: RE: Special REquest Please
I am so sorry to hear the news, but please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.  Stay strong, she needs you and so do the kids...but also remember to take care of yourself.  We are here for you! 
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

SWEET Tink
on 3/20/10 7:45 pm
Topic: Special REquest Please
Hi , most of you may have known me here as Tink . I have not posted here for a while due to many , many different life issues .
I come here today , a place where I called home for many years to ask for help .
My daughter Amy is 28 years old . She just had a little boy back in December . However , when she went for her first pap smear they found irregular cells . They told her once Braylen was born she would need to repeat the test . She did and same results . They recommended her to see an Oncologist GYN. She did that and they took a biopsy as well as an ultrasound . The ultrasound found that there is a 10 cm tumor in her uterus . Which too is malignant .

This Tuesday Amy begins the 1st of 5 rounds of chemo as well as a complete hysterectomy .
Amy has 2 other boys besides Braylen . Right now they are with me . I leave to go down there Sunday to stay with her until she is back on her feet .

Amy is my only daughter .. she had just enrolled in nursing school and was really doing well .
I am asking for my old friends as well as anyone here to pray for her . If you are not a religious person I ask that you send her positive vibes ... anything . I want her to live .
I do not know what stage she is in at this time as I feel she is holding back on me . But I need your help . 

I miss my friends here ... I miss getting to know the new people ... but as I said so many things have hindered me from posting here .

I appreciate anything you can do for me . I just do not want to lose her  . I understand we do not control our destiny , but we can surely fight for it .

Many thanks to you all for at least listening to me .

Aways ,

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

kiradot
on 3/19/10 4:55 am
Topic: RE: sentara careplex hospital
I absolutely will!  Please feel free to message me at any time after surgery if you would like :)

Amanda 5'10"  346/316/158/175 (start/surgery day/current/tentative goal)

Somewhere inside me, there is a fat girl just dying to get back out. I mostly just try to keep her subdued with sugar free pudding, but she's not amused.

staceycarse
on 3/19/10 4:24 am
Thanks for the info.  I'm very nervous/excited.  I'm used to unattentive nurses with my 3 c-sections, so if that's the only complaint, I think I can deal.  It's amazing how much weight you have lost in a year.  You look amazing.  I still can't wrap my mind around it....that I may lose 100 pounds.  It's been impossible for so long, that I still don't think it can happen.  Wish me luck on Tuesday.  Thanks.
Stacey

kiradot
on 3/19/10 4:07 am
I had the same surgeon as you at this hospital!  The hospital has a great bariatric wing, some of the nurses were not very attentive but otherwise it was good.  You really don't need much...some stretchy clothes to wear home, chapstick (lips get super dry), maybe a magazine (lots of people say they are out of it, but I really wasn't  and I was bored there all day by myself)...literally everything else you will need they provide.  Good Luck!

Amanda 5'10"  346/316/158/175 (start/surgery day/current/tentative goal)

Somewhere inside me, there is a fat girl just dying to get back out. I mostly just try to keep her subdued with sugar free pudding, but she's not amused.

Tam
on 3/19/10 2:38 am - Richmond, VA
Topic: RE: Friday back on track check in
Good afternoon beautiful.  I, too am enjoying this fabulous weather!  I have been outside doing yardwork, taking Claire for super long walks and pushing her on the swings.  Today has been much of the same however the cleaning bug has just struck me so I am cleaning with all of the windows open!  I plan on going to Busch Gardens tomorrow for the pass holders preview day and then Sunday will be some yardwork and watching the race. 

am cuppas, vits and protein in
b-yogurt and banana
s-protein drink
l-chips and mixed fruit and cheese
s-protein drink
d-going out to get Mexican takeout then home to eat on the deck....and I am even gonna splurge and have a margaretta for the occassion and georgeous weather!  It's been almost two years since I have had anything to drink!

Have a fabulous weekend and enjoy yourself!  I'll be right beside ya in my yard doing some weeding, too!  Love you!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Ms Court
on 3/18/10 11:10 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: Friday back on track check in
WooHoo!  Friday and a gorgeous weather weekend ahead.  I have to say I am so not mentally in to working but I will push through it.  Crazy night last night with children issues all the way around.  Needless to say I did not get my walk in but I did work on some weeding in the yard.  The ground is just moist enough that it made it really easy.  That is what I plan to do this weekend too, going to get my butt outside for some yard work & sunshine, no brain use really needed so hopefully it will destress me some.  Have a great one all!!!!

a.m. cuppas in, going to store at lunch time for protein
B - mini bagel & yogurt
S - granola bar
L - leftovers
S - banana & crackers
D - something on the grill

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Tam
on 3/17/10 11:31 pm - Richmond, VA
Topic: RE: Thursday back on track check in
Good morning beautiful!  OK...shake it off...today is a new day and you have the power to make better choices!  The biggest step is admitting that you made bad ones the day before!  I had an alright day.  Still feeling like crud but managed to get a few things done and got to an evening appointment.  Scratched dinner on the grill (didn't feel like cooking) so instead we went to Bonefish Grill and I had some Chilean Sea Bass, crab cake and shrimp.  I was focusing on the protein.  Didn't get much in and still felt sick but was happy that I at least got something in me.  Today is a better day already...and I am back to focusing on protein.  It is a 1/2 day for Kara at school so we are going to get some retail therapy as soon as I pick her up.  Much needed for the three of us!  The weather should be perfect and we are going to an outdoor mall.  Othyer than that I will be working in/around/on the house and doing some laundry.  I am soooo loving this weather.  It gives me so much energy and motivation!

am-cuppas, protein x 2 and vits in
b-yogurt and banana
s-protein drink
l-leftover chilean sea bass
s-protein drink
d-something on the grill...perhaps those pork chops?

Have a fabulous day, feel better and enjoy the weather!  Love you!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views