Recent Posts

Ken Currin
on 3/22/10 9:34 am - South Hill, VA
Topic: RE: I need menu
Thanks for the input. As for a nutritionist, I have never seen one, except pre-op to qualify for the surgery.

When I eat the combos, I always get unsweat tea! I still do not drink the carbinated drinks. I keep a ziplock bag full of Splenda in my pocket since a lot fo the places I go do not carry Splenda.

I think I did ok today, we will see how tomorrow goes.
Tam
on 3/22/10 9:26 am - Richmond, VA
Topic: RE: Monday back on track check in
Sorry I am so late in posting.  Today has not been great all around.  Dealing with some major issues both for myself and my father health wise so many prayers would be appreciated.  This weekend was great.  Stayed outside all day, both days and did several things that have been lacking.  I feel so accomplished!  Still have a ways to go but we are working diligantly at it.  The next two weeks are going to be super, super busy!  Claire will be ONE on Friday...party planning/prepping is in full swing!  Got in tons of exercise this weekend...will be missing the gym for the next two weeks...bummer but some things are more important! 

am cuppas, protein and vits in
b-eggs, toast, tomatoes and cheese
s-protein drink
l-cheese sticks
s-protein drink
d-chicken salad

Have a great day!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

caroline2622
on 3/22/10 9:14 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Courtney    Great ideas!     dinners left overs are usually my lunch.    

what is a fry lolololol 

I do admit to eating a plain peta chip with hummus on occasion.  

I only eat one thin slice of bread if I do have a sandwich.... rarely    have found some as low as 13 grams per serving..  Dang even whole wheat bread average 25+++ pre servings  

Hope more suggestions come in ... I know I need reminders of good eats...   Thanks !!!

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
caroline2622
on 3/22/10 9:08 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Ken   We all have our moments.  you are not alone.   I am not the perfect person to be give you solid advice but will try. 

Do you have any samples from your nutrionist?   I know I had sample well balance meals.  

Low carbs  -  high protien   and increase your fluids. 

Sample lunch may be a meat   with 2 veggies or substitute with one fruit.   You have to cut out the breads/white flours ...... carbs per days should be not more than ??? 30 -35    That means eating the burger and not the bun.     and no no combos    Combos mean drinks with sugar or carbonation(sodium) and fries    Just the burger without the meat....... 

carbs and sugars do make me hungry... white bread is the kiss of hungry!!  Not to mention the fill you up and not filling your brain....  

Eat grilled not fried    .... watch some of the grilled stuff too... they are saturated in sodium..... 

When buying meats at the store .... yes fresh meats   look a the sodium contents as well.   You would be surprised that they are injected with as high as 500 to 600 mgs of liquid sodium.  
What your lunch processed meats they are super high in sodium too.....  

When eating out I ask that the sauses be put on the side..... wow the calores!!!!   they can add 100s of calories to a meal....   

Increase your protien drinks.... they can get boring but boy they do help curb my appetite. 

There is a small booklet that counts carb/calories and the best part is that it has calories of the restaurant foods.... Scared the crap out of me.  It makes you think when ordering what you are really getting.... check the book stores for it....

You have done so well ... If necessary contact a nutrionist ... Feel for your brother

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/10 12:19 am - Yorktown, VA
Topic: RE: Special REquest Please
I'm so, so sorry to hear this.  I wish her the best!
dlo2
on 3/21/10 11:44 pm - Brandenburg, KY
Topic: RE: NAWLS Retreat?
What is the NAWLS retreat.  I have never heard of it but it sounds interesting.
Thanks

dlo2
on 3/21/10 11:35 pm - Brandenburg, KY
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Ms Court
on 3/21/10 11:22 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: Monday back on track check in
Oh what a gorgeous weekend!  Did yard work, cleaned house, did lots of yummy cooking and had quality time with the family.  Got in quite a few walks with the dog.  Today is my Monday off from work, plan to be kind of lazy.  Hubby is home to fix the water heater, one girlie home "sick" (I see a pattern here that needs to be addressed), and our "son" is here still.  Sounds like a big family breakfast in the makings.  Got to take the oldest in for our eye dr. appts. this afternoon then it will be to the mall to start looking for a prom dress.  Hubby got his results back from his physical and we will be making menu changes here to address high cholesterol, bonus is that it will help us all healthwise.

a.m. cuppas in
B - eggs, sausage & biscuits
S - protein drink
L - probably leftovers
S - fruit
D - not sure

Have a great day!!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ms Court
on 3/21/10 11:17 pm - Remington, VA
Getting Back on Track can be hard but we have the tool, we just have to use it.  I struggle with it too and mainly cause I give in to my cravings.  There are definitely things you can do though.  Increased water will help keep the full sensation in your belly.  Increase your exercise too.  Focus on the protein, fruits & veggies, not the carbs

Breakfast ideas:
oatmeal (put in nuts & fruit to make it more satisfying)
eggs & lean meats (turkey bacon, etc.)
protein drinks or bars

Lunch ideas:
find a good deli, get sandwiches on whole grain breads, light mayo or only a little bit of mayo if you need it

griled meats are good, no fries, get the side salad or fruit options, take of one part of the bun
get salads with meats, chili, etc.

or make your meals on Sundays and put them in a container for leftovers

Snack ideas:
cheese sticks, veggies (like carrots, celery, peppers, cucumbers) fruits

Set your mind to it, you can do it.

**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ms Court
on 3/21/10 11:04 pm - Remington, VA
Praying for you & yours!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views