Recent Posts

Tam
on 3/23/10 3:51 am - Richmond, VA
Topic: RE: Tuesday Back on Track Check in

YAY You!  Go ahead and toot your own horn.  It is something to be proud of!  Yesterday was a bit overwhelming for me.  Got some news from my dads doctor and he will be having surgery first thing tomorrow morning.  Prayers are appreciated.  I have a recheck at my doctors this afternoon regarding some irregular test results that I got back.  I am very nervous because this could be a life or death thing for me knowing my family history.  Prayers for me are appreciated, too.  SInce this news my nutrition has been off and exercise is not happening!  I am doing what I can around the house with cleaning and laundry and my bending and walking thru the house with the nervous energy is the exercise I am getting for now.

am-protein and vits in
b-none
s-protein drink
l-chicken salad sandwich
s-protein drink
d-none

Hope you all are having a great day...I will update when I know more about me and my dad.  Thanks in advance for the prayers.

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

vagirl00
on 3/23/10 2:31 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Topic: RE: Surgeon in Northern Virginia

I second Jackie's suggestion:  Bluepoint Surgical Group (Drs. Halmi and Tran).  They have offices in Northern Virginia and just opened one in Stafford.  They are a Center of Excellence. 

Best of luck!  :)

Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/10 1:27 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Drs Halmi and Tran from Blue Point Surgical in Woodbridge - they are wonderful surgeons and have a great follow up program!

Jackie
Ms Court
on 3/23/10 12:37 am - Remington, VA
Topic: Tuesday Back on Track Check in
Good Morning all!  So how are you today?  Doing well here.  Managed to stay busy yesterday but at my own pace so it wasn't overwhelming.  After coming home from the mall I was able to take teh dog for a nice walk and relax a bit with the hubby before bedtime.  So let em just toot my own horn for a minute as I am super excited with myself, we do try to do some healthy goals at work & support each other.  My goal has been to get some exercise at least 3x's a week (starting off small so I can work my way up to it).  May I proudly say I have walked at least 3 days a week if not more for the last 5 weeks.  Yeah Me!!!!!

a.m. cuppas & protein in
B - yogurt & mini bagel
S - granola bar
L - leftovers
S - banana
D - pork chops, salad, ?

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/10 12:37 am - Yorktown, VA
Dr. Elariny is in NOVA (can't remember exactly where) and he does all 4 procedures, so I think he's a great place to start for unbiased information on the band, RNY, DS and VSG.

Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/10 12:33 am - Yorktown, VA
Topic: RE: Monday back on track check in
B - protein drink
S - slim jims
L - honey ham, shredded cheese, diced tomato & italian dressing in a low carb tortilla
S - 1 slice bologna, 2 slices american cheese on 4 saltines
D - baked ham, green beans, smidge of french bread with butter
S - couple bites of fruit (kiwi, banana, orange, grape)
S - babybell cheese & 3 sausage links

Having the DS, I only count protein and carbs (fat is my friend!).  My total protein was 113.5 grams and my total carbs were 58.5.  A great day for me!

(My goal is 100g protien and 60 or less carbs.)
Ms Court
on 3/23/10 12:30 am - Remington, VA
Dr. Moazzez & Dr. Anez are two of the main ones in our area.  I personally chose Dr. Anez and have been very happy with my experience.  I believe both Dr.'s offer seminars so if you can go to both.

**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ms Court
on 3/23/10 12:28 am - Remington, VA
Topic: RE: I need menu
Check at Walmart, Target or the grocery store for the Splenda tablet container.  Small, about the size of a tic tac container & they have splenda tablets in them.  This is what I use instead of carrying the bulky ziploc bag.  :)

Tam
on 3/22/10 11:14 pm - Richmond, VA
Topic: RE: I need menu
Are you drinking when you eat?  Remember...according to OUR surgeon's guidelines you should stop drinking at least 30 minutes prior to eating and do not drink anything for 45 mintues after you eat.  Reasoning...it washes the food out of your pouch leaving you feeling hungry again/  It is hard, but can be done.  I never thought I would get used to it but here I am almost 5 years post op and I still eat/drink that way. 

I strongly advise taking the time to pack lunches/snacks instead of fast food.  There is NOTHING healthy served in a fast food resturant.  Even the salads are loaded with yucky stuff.  Leftovers are usually my lunch of choice or a sandwich made on the thin bread or a wrap. 

I do wish you luck...getting back on track is a hard thing to do...we are ALL here for you!

Will you be at RIR for the spring race?  I am excited for another season to be underway!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Legacylc
on 3/22/10 1:33 pm - Fairfax, VA
Topic: Surgeon in Northern Virginia
Good evening I was wondering if anyone could suggest a wonderful surgeon in the northern virginia area. I will be going to my first seminar this weekend, and I have been doing research..

Thanks and good luck to all!!!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views