Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/10 1:11 am - Yorktown, VA
Topic: RE: diet soda pop
If it's DIET soda, then it's not a matter of calories.  It has the same amount of calories as water....none.

That doesn't mean that you should drink it, though.  The dark sodas (pepsi, coke, etc.) also have something in them (can't recall right now) that hurts your calcium levels.  The artificial sweeteners can also cause you to crave more sugar and lead you to eat more carby stuff than you should.

I don't have a pouch, but still try to limit my consumption based on what I said above.
Ms Court
on 3/24/10 10:48 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: Thursday back on track check in
Well after a slightly stressful day yesterday, for many reasons, I got home and took off on my bike to enjoy the weather & get some exercise.  Had a nice fish dinner with salad, watched some tv & fell asleep early.  Not much planned for today/tonight.  I believe I am a bit stressed & overwhlemed, need a break but there is just no way to get one.  Have some meetings today at work and a bunch of end of the month stuff to do.  No plans for the evening other than time with the kids.  Perhaps another bike ride or walk with the dog.  Hope you all have a great day.

a.m. cuppas & protein in
B - yogurt & mini bagel
S - banana
L - subway
S - granola bar
D - not sure yet

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ms Court
on 3/24/10 10:43 pm - Remington, VA
Yep, wasted calories, carbonation, etc.  A lot of people who do go back to their diet sodas stall on their weightloss or even gain.  Make the decision that is best for you.  :)

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

prissy25
on 3/24/10 9:19 pm - Barboursville, VA
Topic: FPP Meet & Greet This SAT @ UVA
Spring is in the air FFP Meet & Greet for March will be meeting on the 27th @ 12:00 @ UVA Dining Conference Room #1 on the main floor @ the hospital. We also would like you ALL to bring BEFORE and AFTER pictures with you......
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

caroline2622
on 3/24/10 10:21 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Tammy said it all very well.  Another reason often forgotten is most diet soda have sodium too,,, 

I have been told that carbonations can cause a foul smell and heavy gas.    I have not experienced the carbonation cramping ..... BUT my mistake was  forgot no sucking with straws a few weeks out from surgery drinkin jus****er.   20 minutes later I had horrible cramps and diarrea.    Cannot imagine drinking carbinatioin and experiences that experience again .  Learned my lesson.... 

NUT wants us the make good healthy choices.    Try to keep your good habits for as long as you can ... support system... .     I have held on to my some good habits .... I never thought I would,

I do follow not drinking with eating .. watch my carbs and work hard to get in the protein.   I eat fruits and veggies ... watch sodium intake ..... hard but still working at getting enough fluids a day,

I do admit I miss my moutain dew...but feeling great is worth it.   I have my life back ! 

Beth keep in touch.... thanks for sharing   

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Tam
on 3/24/10 9:51 am - Richmond, VA
Topic: RE: Wednesday back on track check in
Dads surgery went well and he is home resting.  I should have my results by weeks end!  Thanks for the love, support, prayers and messages!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Tam
on 3/24/10 9:49 am - Richmond, VA
Reason number one is that it is empty calories that you do not need,  Reason number two is the carbonitation.  The bubbles cause bloating and gas and over time WILL stretch your new pouch.  Having the surgery is not a "fix all" and you do have to commit to a lifestyle change.  Tons of people have this surgery and fail at it with a large amount of weight regain.  Is a diet soda worth it?  You have a "honeymoon" period where the weight just falls off...then you have to work for it.  You hear lots of people saying "I wish I could lose the last 20 pounds".  You really do have to work at it.  I am almost 5 years post op and still drink protein drinks daily and do not drink sodas.  There really are good and valid reasons why your surgeons office says no more...you chose your surgeon so believe in them for all of their rules. 

Tammy C

proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

beth sharp
on 3/24/10 4:48 am
Topic: diet soda pop

i know the doctor.. told me to not drink diet sodas .. i just figured it was because of the bubbles and it would fill me up with empty calories.. right?   but if theres no sugar and no carbs and pretty much nothing in a diet coke... why do i have to avoid it... this is a weakness of mine and i admit i have drank alot of diet coke...    if its bad for me to get back on track... ill stop if its a legit reason  lol

beth
Tam
on 3/24/10 12:20 am - Richmond, VA
Topic: RE: Wednesday back on track check in
Morning all.  Court...you and your son are in my prayers today.  Thanks for all the prayers for me and my dad.  He is in surgery right now and I am sitting in the waiting room at the hospital.  They were able to take me back early, so my test is all done.  I did not do very well with food last night...I got hungry (nervous hunger, I am sure) so at about 10:30 I was eating a PB and J sandwich and also had some cheese ravoli.  Not great choices but what I wanted at the time. 

Today is a new day.  Food is off since I could not have any food or drink after midnight.  No cuppas, no protein, no anything!  Now that my test is done I have had some water and will be going to get a cuppa very soon.  I won't eat until I get home so I can have proper nutrition instead of the junk they have in the cafe here. 

am, b, s  NOTHING
l-if I am home by then I'll have yogurt, banana and blueberries with some string cheese
s-protein drink
d-making a chicken casserole (my dad and Kara's favorite)
tonight I will have a "late night" protein drink, too, just to make sure I get enough in for the day

Hope you all have a fabulous day and please keep the prayers coming!  Daddy is in surgery right now...I will post an update later today when I know something.

Tammy C

open RNY 04-25-2005

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/10 11:54 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Topic: RE: Surgeon in Northern Virginia

BETH!! I have often wondered what happened to you as we stopped seeing you!!

Send me your email address in a PM and you can get notices of our meetings - they are held every second Wednesday in the Free Lance Star building in Fredericksburg....

A baby? How wonderful!!!

We will look forward to seeing you soin!!

Jackie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views