Recent Posts

beth sharp
on 4/9/10 4:12 am
Topic: memories

I log onto this site daily.. and read posts.. and Ive noticed many people i use to chat with on here on no longer on here.. i guess they are to far out from their surgery now and coping well with it.. and no longer need this board.. unlike myself    but i was wondering what happened to Tigger... anyone remember her? im sure you do Court.. you were here when i was back in 06... and she was just getting married...   back then we posted for so many different reasons..  and new members would come on and talk about their up coming surgeries.. thats when i started coming on.. before my surgery..  i remember Amber also... so many of them i no longer see here...   was just curious... what happened to everyone..    sad to see them gone.. but on a good note.. they must be doing fine with their gastric bypass..  : ))

have a good day...

Beth
Ms Court
on 4/9/10 12:06 am - Remington, VA
Topic: Friday back on track check in
Good Morning!  I must have slept good last night as I have woken up in a great mood & despite some morning mishaps I am still smiling.  Some plans for the weekend include family time as my husband is off this weekend and we have the girlies and our "son", a bday party for my nephews, and the 1st soccer game of the season for the youngest.  Hoping that the weather stays nice & it is all enjoyable.

Food results from yesterday:
24 oz of coffee
1 protein drink, made w/ 1 T of peanut butter and 8 oz 1% milk
B - oatmeal (heart healthy serving size), w/ banana
S - none
L - leftovers, 4 oz. pork chop (Shake & Bake), 1/3 c peas (plain), 1/3 c mac & cheese
S - 6 pack peanut butter crackers
D - side salad with 1/2 cup of pizza pasta
64 oz of goold fluids in

Plans for today:
36 oz of coffee (yep threw in an extra cup)
1 protein drink, made w/ 1 T of peanut butter, 8 oz 1% milk and 1/4 of a banana
B - oatmeal (heart healthy service size), w/strawberries
S - banana if needed
L - side salad with 1/2 c of pizza pasta
S - 2 oz of chicken
D - will update later

Have a wonderful weekend!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ms Court
on 4/8/10 11:17 am - Remington, VA
Topic: RE: Thursday back on track check in
I use the vitron C for my iron, it is iron with vitamin c, and I take it at night so it doesn't have any foods to bind with, don't have any constipation issues.  You might want to switch to that or try adding some vitamin c in to your regimen.  That is actually something I had to do as a kid because of constipation issues.

**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

beth sharp
on 4/8/10 1:05 am
good morning ladies... i hope you have a wonderful day... today started off stressful for me.. i dont know why.. i just woke up that way.. short tempered  but i got my self together and hope its over.. lol    i cleaned up the house some .. i laid the baby down for his early nap and when we wakes soon .. ill go to the gym.. i almost talked myself out of it.. said ill go tonight.. but you know how that is... so i got dressed for the gym.. and ill go when he wakes up.. daycare at the gym closes at 1.. so he better wake up soon   lol     i dont have any plans for today.. i just want to relax.. being spring break for the kids ive been on the go. so today i want nothing to do.

i took my vitamins
B... weight control flavored oatmeal ( maple and brown sugar)  one serving 160 calories protein 7g,  sugar 1g.
S    protein drink   26grams of protein 130 calories...
L    ill fill these in after dinner...
S    "                   "
D   "                     "

Have a safe and great day....

Beth
msdawnie
on 4/7/10 11:15 pm - Stafford, VA
RNY on 02/16/05 with
Topic: RE: Day 11, Back on Track for ME
 THANKS!!  checking that out now  

High-291/Low-168/Goal-175/Current-184

msdawnie
on 4/7/10 11:12 pm - Stafford, VA
RNY on 02/16/05 with
 good morning Court!

yes, Blair opened my eyes too!  i have been logging everything, but now i need to start incorporating exercise to my "back on track for me" 

i am heading to walmart today for some "workout" clothes, something comfortable and affordable so i get motivated to start walking..i have these great shoes that are not only wonderful for work, but will help me in my walking and weight loss efforts.

grocery store and errands afterward...i am having a slight issue with going  well, you know what i mean..lol   ...lots of protein over the last 11 days, so i am looking for whole grains and fiber filled foods to help me in that department 

hope you have a great day and stay strong...smile   its a great mind booster!  

-hugs- dawn 

Ms Court
on 4/7/10 11:10 pm - Remington, VA
Topic: RE: Day 11, Back on Track for ME
Keep it up Dawn!  If you go to the "MY OH" section, they now have a nutritional section with a food log & activity log that might be useful for you.

msdawnie
on 4/7/10 11:06 pm - Stafford, VA
RNY on 02/16/05 with
Topic: Day 11, Back on Track for ME
 good morning all!  happy thursday!  wow, i have so much energy this morning i feel like imma burst!  im off work today, lots planned on the "to do" list.  i have to take my daughter to the dentist this morning, then from there its all errands and chores..whew!  

so, today is day 11 of my "back on track for me" and i have to say..i feel amazing.  for a person who HATES water, i cant get enough of it!! i have been drinking 90 to 120 ounces a day consistently, its always harder to keep the water intake going when im at home, so i took the convenient way and bough****er bottles like we have at work.  i am writing everything down so i can better see when i need something. 

Monday, March 29 -  200.5#
Today, April 8         -   193#          YAY! 

ive had my coffee and vitamins, working on water now!  i will check in tonight with my food diary and see how everyone is doing...

stay strong!  -hugs-  dawn  :)

Ms Court
on 4/7/10 11:00 pm, edited 4/8/10 11:20 am - Remington, VA
Topic: Thursday back on track check in
Okay so the night sucked, I am not going in to details but let's just say I am struggling all the way around.

So Blair made some very good points to me yesterday and I am going to make an effort to make some changes. More good fluids, food journal, exercise, etc. I did weigh in, back up to 182.6.

Here is my menu reworked from yesterday to actually reflect what I ate.
Yesterday:
B - granola bar &?banana
S - none
L - egg salad sandwich (using white wheat bread), chips (low sodium) & strawberries
S - hardboiled egg &?6 pack of peanut butter crackers
D - 4 oz. pork chop (Shake & Bake), 1/3 c peas (plain), 1/3 c mac & cheese (used 1% milk)
S - granola bar (late night, had to eat again before bed, felt my sugars dropping)
about 48 oz of coffee (not good)
48 oz of water/decaf tea/crystal light

So I?logged all of this.? Wow what an eye opener.
1585 calories
only 22: protien
32% fat
46% carbs
Definitely time for some adjustments

Here are my plans for today, * updated before bedtime
Today:
24 oz of coffee
B - oatmeal (heart healthy serving size), w/ banana
S - none
L - leftovers, 4 oz. pork chop (Shake & Bake), 1/3 c peas (plain), 1
S - 6 pack peanut butter crackers
D - side salad with 1/2 cup of pizza pasta
already started on more fluids, 8 glasses in today

Will either take a walk at lunch time, bike ride this evening, walk with the dog or combo of the 3.

Have a great day!

msdawnie
on 4/7/10 11:39 am, edited 4/7/10 11:47 am - Stafford, VA
RNY on 02/16/05 with
Topic: RE: Wednesday back on track check in
hi all-

checking in again..i worked two 12 hour shifts for the past two days, so havent had a chance to get online to post until now

im still on track!!  :)

here is what my day looked like:

24oz Cofee made w/Splenda and small amt of Half/Half  , then started water for the day

B- Fiber One Bar and Small Banana
S- Apple Cinnamon Nutri-Grain Bar
L- 2oz Grilled Chicken Breast and 1/2 cup Steamed Veggies
D- 3oz Tuna on Whole Grain Sandwich Thins
S- Small Apple and 10 Whole Grain Crackers
S- 4oz Activia Yogurt

ive managed to maintain drinking 90-120 ounces of Water each day, having Protein Shakes daily to every other day and getting my vitamins
Today is Day 10 of "Back on Track" for me and i am down 7.5#!  :)

hope all is well and that everyone has a great night, i will post again in the morning since im off work tomorrow

-hugs-
dawn

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views