Recent Posts

dlo2
on 4/12/10 7:50 am - Brandenburg, KY
Topic: RE: New to Forum and Site
Hi Jen,  Good luck on your journey, just take it one day at a time and you will be fine.  I am 7 months post op and I can tell you the months have gone by so fast.  I have not lost the weight fast but it has been consistant and I am very glad I had my rny.  But it definitely is a journey and an emotional one at that.  You will be fine.
Debbie

msdawnie
on 4/12/10 4:41 am, edited 4/12/10 4:44 am - Stafford, VA
RNY on 02/16/05 with
Topic: ON TRACK ..9.5# loss in 2 wks
hi all!  ive decided to change my "back on track for me" to..."ON TRACK " 

..its been two weeks, ive drank over 1200 ounces of water since then, ive gotten an average of a protein shake a day or more since then, stayed well on track with my protein by food intake and have managed to DUMP again!  i had forgotten what that was like, but boy, i remembered fast when i tried an easter cupcake on easter night...that's the only "junk" ive had in the past two weeks...i started walking, im following the 30 minute rule and everything is coming along great.  of course i'd love to see the weight come off faster, but i feel sooo much better!

and the biggest wow for a very long time.....im back at a 100# loss today!  woo hoo! 
my highest weight 291#/lowest weight 168#/goal now 175#/currently 191#   i had originally lost 123# by 18 months out, slowly i began gaining back 30# of it (from 2006-2010), when i hit 200# on the scale again, i freaked out!  now i only have 16# to go to my new goal ..and who knows after that!

thanks for always listening, always being here, the great support and advice!

i took this new picture just this morning!

-hugs-
dawn

High-291/Low-168/Goal-175/Current-184

Jennifer G.
on 4/12/10 2:05 am - Norfolk, VA

Thanks so much!!!

Jen

~Truffles~
on 4/12/10 1:49 am - VA
Hi Jen!

Best wishes on your pre-op diet. From what I've heard/read it can be quite challenging.

Your date is fast approaching! Good luck to you.

Renee
"Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself."  ~Rita Mae Brown
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/10 12:36 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Topic: Fredericksburg/Stafford Support Group Meeting on Wednesday 14th

Jackie and Sue are pleased to announce that the Fredericksburg /Stafford Weight Loss Group Support Meeting will be held this Wednesday April 14th  (Wednesday, 04/14 2010) at  7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m at:

The Free Lance-Star Building,  607 William Street suite 100, Fredericksburg 22401 

This meeting is open to anyone who wants to know more about weight loss surgery or considering the surgery and want to talk to people who have had it, to people who are scheduled for gastric bypass surgery and to people who have had the surgery. If you had the surgery some time ago and want to get back on track with encouragement – then this meeting is for you!  No cost, no negativity – no weighing - only positive encouragement!  If you are considering plastic surgery – come and talk to people who have had it done!

Come join us Wednesday 14th  for our monthly support group meeting!!!.   We will be continuing the discussion on eating out, making good food choices, restaurants that are good places for us to eat at etc…… We have  free samples from a great local restaurant for us to try – so come a little hungry…. Also we have some nutrition bars for you to eat and give us your opinion on……

If you are struggling to get back to where you need to be – or if you want to help others – this is also the meeting for you!

Please feel free to bring up any topic of Weight Loss that is concerning you or that you are curious about. If we don’t know the answer we will get it for you!  We also have a selection of OH magazines free to members!

We hope to see you on Wednesday!!

Call Jackie on 540 548 8012  or Sue on 540 373 0809 if you have any queries.

Obesity Freedom
WLS Support Group Leaders

Jennifer G.
on 4/12/10 12:24 am - Norfolk, VA
Thanks and Congrats on your weight loss!

Jen

Jennifer G.
on 4/12/10 12:23 am - Norfolk, VA

Thank you so much! I am sticking to it :) I really ahve no problem with not eating and changing what I eat and all that! Just starving sux :) But I am staying postive just trying to keep myself from getting discouraged! Thank you for the support and kind words :) Congrats on your weight loss! You look Great!    Jen

Tam
on 4/11/10 11:33 pm - Richmond, VA
Tam
on 4/11/10 11:32 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi Jen and Welcome!  Yes, you are about to experience the ride of a lifetime!  Take this opportunity to get on track...this is a tool, not an "easy fix".  I am almost 5 years post op...and I would be happy to answer any questions that I can for you!  Much luck and great success!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

msdawnie
on 4/11/10 11:02 pm - Stafford, VA
RNY on 02/16/05 with
Topic: RE: Sunday "Back on Track for Me"
thanks!  yep, the best ive felt in a longgg time!  energy level ridiculous..i was even told this morning that i have a "glow" about me!    

maybe one thing im glowing about is that im back down to a 100# loss!!!!  woo hoo!

have a great day, keep smiling and drink drink drink!

-hugs-
dawn

High-291/Low-168/Goal-175/Current-184

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views