Recent Posts

Ms Court
on 4/20/10 3:13 am - Remington, VA
Topic: RE: just checking in
Great job Debbie!!!!  Keep it up!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ms Court
on 4/20/10 2:59 am - Remington, VA
Topic: RE: Tuesday on Track
Good Afternoon.  Of course after being out of the office yesterday, I was swamped when I got in today and just now getting to post.  Evening sucked.  Didn't sleep well but I am actually smiling and dealing with the hecticness of work well. 

Yesterday's results
cuppas in
B - sausage, egg, cheese, pepper, onion omlette with some fruit
S - none
L - steak & cheese
S - protien drink
D - stuffed peppers

Today's Plan:
cuppas & protein drink in
B - mini bagel & fruit
S - none
L - leftover stuffed pepper
S - banana & crackers or carrots
D - not sure

Have a great afternoon!

**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ms Court
on 4/20/10 2:55 am - Remington, VA
Topic: RE: Hernia Surgery
I would be interested in your symptoms if you don't mind sharing.

Mary B.
on 4/19/10 11:07 pm - Southern, MD
Topic: RE: Has anyone had revision surgery with Bluepoinit?
Thank you for the info. I have had 5 fills and 1 unfill as well as appointments and emails with the NUT at the office.

BTW, the Dr is with Bluepoint Surgical Group and I have BC/BS Fed insurance.

Thanks again! Im feeling excited again like maybe I really will win the battle, Ive got my gameface on again!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

DElliottMD
on 4/19/10 11:01 pm
Topic: RE: Has anyone had revision surgery with Bluepoinit?
Hi Mary,

Can't speak to particular insurance plans, but in general they will approve revision surgery from band to bypass (far fewer from band to sleeve gastrectomy) as long as your surgeon can provide good evidence that you've tried your best to make the band work, and you still meet the criteria for surgery otherwise (BMI >40, or >35 with health problems).

That means that you've come back for regular follow-up appointments, kept it in adjustment through band-fills, and regularly attest to your surgeon you've eaten healthy and followed a regular exercise program.

In reality, there is a percentage of band patients (10%?) that do everything right, but just can't lose weight with the band.  The bypass can still be an effective tool even if the band didn't work for you.

Good luck!

David Elliott, MD, FACS, FASMBS
Bariatric Surgeon
Parham Doctors' Hospital
Richmond, VA
Mary B.
on 4/19/10 10:45 pm - Southern, MD
Topic: Has anyone had revision surgery with Bluepoinit?
I was banded Feb last year by Dr Tran. Im now considering a revision to a more agressive surgery because I am totally failing with the band.

Im going to call this morning to try to make an appt to discuss a revision. Just looking for thoughts I guess. Im worried they will say no because If I couldnt make the band work, what makes them think I can make something else work.

I guess Im asking if they were willing to discuss it? When I had surgery last year the band was the only surgery I was really considering at the time, but its just not for me.

Thank you
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

beth sharp
on 4/19/10 9:57 pm, edited 4/19/10 9:59 pm
Topic: Tuesday on Track
Good morning everyone.. hope everyones evening went well.. i was so tired last night from not sleeping the night before because the baby didnt want to sleep so i went to bed at 8;30   felt good to get a good nights sleep...  i weighed myself this morning and lost 2 pounds..  so it puts me at 187.   im just chuggin along..   i have to go get my minivan inspected and emissions done this morning then off to the gym... hope everyone has a great day..

vitamins in and a cup of mojo..

B.. 3 spoon fuls of scrambled eggs and 2 slices of turkey bacon..   35 calories per bacon..
S will be my protein drink 130 calories 26 g of protein
L  salad with tuna and cucumbers
S  Protein drink  130 calories 26g of protein
 D  will be  Turkey  breast tenderloins with mashed potatos and a salad   turkey is 4oz 130calories and 21 g of protein..

i need to drink more water today...  dawn your doing awesome with your 100 oz of water.. i need to try to get in 75 to 80 today... starting right now..  :)

have a great day

Beth

DanC73
on 4/19/10 8:39 pm - Fairfax, VA
Thanks for the feedback everyone.  It's much appreciated.

Debbie - I sent you a private message that briefly outlines my symptoms.  Please let me know iff anyone else is interested in hearing about them.  I post them in here if you are.
msdawnie
on 4/19/10 9:33 am - Stafford, VA
RNY on 02/16/05 with
Topic: RE: Monday On Track Check In
hi ya'll!!  guess whattt??!  umm..remember the emotional binge i had? lol ..well, come to find out that there was another factor in it....my period! LOL  ..umm..i had an endometrial ablasion done in september and havent really had to deal with a period, well still get the emotional part, but it hasnt been bad really...until last week ...sooooo...with all that said..im down 3 pounds!  im under 190! woo hoo!   ive continued to get my water and protein in..trying to get more fiber to help me have a bm ..i know, too much info, but im sure you all know what i mean!

March 29, 2010   200.5#
April  19, 2010     188.0#

12.5#  LOSS in 3 weeks! 

Here is what i had today:

vitamins in..with 16.9 oz of Water
24oz Coffee made w/Splenda (4 pks) and Half&Half
B- Fiber One Bar 
     Medium Banana
S- 4 oz Yogurt
L- Protein Shake
S- Fiber One Cereal w/ a few Strawberries
D- Soft Tortilla w/ Cheese and 1oz Beef Strip

ive gotten over 100 oz of Water in today and plan for one more Protein Shake

have a great day!
keep up the great work and drink drink drink!

-hugs-
dawn

High-291/Low-168/Goal-175/Current-184

caroline2622
on 4/19/10 9:16 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
I had an extended tummy tuck with small hernia surgery in December.    I was lucky that  I did not need any webbing to hold it in.    I do feel a small amount of pulling when going from a lying down position to sitting ... almost like I have done alot of situps. 

After surgery I has a belly pack with an insert for pain.   It looked like a small kids football and it shrunk real tiny.   Was great and I was not in any great pain.    Keep in mind I had no webbing and no lipo since I was only having skin removed.  

I do understand webbing an be uncomfortable and you should ask your surgeon about that part.    

Best of luck !  

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views