Recent Posts

myworld57
on 4/23/14 12:02 pm - BRICK, NJ
Topic: 4/24 my day ...my worrys

Will I have spent this money for nothing...self pay in Usa 11,000 not cheap.so worried the weight wont come off,,,i cant get if off now,,,barely lost during preop diet of 2 weeks .

low bmi. But needed to do it..been obese since birth .,the past 3 years have gained 10 pds a year,,,now im looking at 40 lds to loose..been as high as 215 now 185. Doing it now before im back their.

I know while home Ill be fine,.but my issue Ive told knowone but hubby...and I know in a month I can go back out with friends to eat..but how do I deal with not being available for dinner for a month..in our life...we eat put with friends 1 /2 times a week,,,not to mention the wone,,,but I will have to do it! 

shoutjoy
on 4/22/14 9:20 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Here's where it's hiding

“You want to get in shape, but just aren't finding time. Here's where it's hiding.”

While we'd all like to think we are fabulous at multi-tasking, let's just admit it - that was the dumbest idea anyone ever came up with. Trying to cram more and more into our already full days is insanity. We have become "doing" hoarders. No, it's not pretty. There's no magic here, it's just choosing what's important to you and making time for it. We have to sleep - so we make time for that. Eating - yep, we fit that in. How important is your health? If it's important, you will find time to do it. 

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

RoxStar724
on 4/21/14 10:34 am
with
Topic: VSG on 4/28 and looking for more OH friends

Hi all,

I am looking to connect to more people in MD, DC and/or VA.  I haven't told anyone outside of my immediate family about my surgery so looking to connect and create a support network virtually.  Would love to be OH friends!!

Rox

Heaviest Weight - Nov 2013 - 264...Surgery Weight - April 28th 2014 - 237

shoutjoy
on 4/20/14 8:31 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Here's how to push away from the pantry

“You do pretty well while youre at work, but once you get home you eat too much. Here's how to push away from the pantry:”

Imagine an evil gun slinger: maybe Barney Fife. He walks into your kitchen and as you pull the chips from the cupboard, he raises his gun and says, "Move away from the food." Some days it seems like someone will need to get violent before we change our ways. How can we possibly resist when we're so abundantly blessed with food at our disposal 24/7? Think about the times when you do the best at sticking to your healthy eating plan. If you do well during the day when you're away, is it because you have such great willpower, or is it that there are just fewer choices available?
So, try the same plan when you're home. When you're in the kitchen, determine if you need to be there. If you're just hanging out, go do something somewhere else. If you need to be in the kitchen, focus on what your job is. Do you need to do the dishes? Focus on getting that done as quickly as possible. Don't open food cupboards or the refrigerator; guessing you don't keep your pots and pans in there. If you have a desk in the kitchen and need to pay bills, do that. Focus, focus, focus. Don't allow yourself to browse the pantry shelves. If you really know you're going to nibble, grab something healthy. This will keep your mouth and hands busy. Realize what your weaknesses are and avoid them or remove the temptation completely. Limit the availability of at-home foods or put treats in hard-to-access areas and you may fare better.

shoutjoy
on 4/15/14 8:49 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Here's how to start filling up

“You try to eat better, and eat less, but sometimes it's just so confusing. Here's how to start filling up.”

A couple of quick tricks to start eating better are to always choose a small bowl or salad size plate. It makes it tougher to overfill that way. Another good method is to start by filling your dish with the healthy stuff. For breakfast, put a healthy serving of fruit into your cereal bowl first, then top with no more than one cup of cereal. For lunch or dinner, make the largest serving on your plate salad and/or vegetables. We are visual people, and if it looks like more, we feel more satisfied

shoutjoy
on 4/13/14 7:45 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Here's how much more

“You know that working out is good for your health, but you might want more. Here's how much more.”

Sure, exercising helps you lose weight, strengthens your heart, and basically does a body good. If you've been working out for a while, you may have discovered some other benefits you weren't expecting. Researchers found that physical activity may reduce depression and fatigue by increasing self-efficacy, or the belief that one can master physical goals and attain a sense of accomplishment. Get your daily workout, then go conquer the world

shoutjoy
on 4/8/14 7:37 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Here's how to re-energize

“You want to work out but you are just so tired. Here's how to re-energize.”

First, you need to assess if you are indeed tired, or just worn out. Believe it or not there is a difference. Stress, business, bad food choices and life in general can leave us feeling like Rip Van Winkle in need of a seven-year snooze. Unless you are missing a good night's sleep, or putting in a day filled with lots of physical work, it's likely that you are just worn out. To find more energy, start by eating right. Too many nutritionally deficient foods will leave you starved of vitamins, minerals, not to mention energy boosting proteins and whole grains. Modify your diet to fuel your desire to work out

shoutjoy
on 4/6/14 8:56 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Here's how that logic fails the test

“You're never that hungry in the morning, so you figure you'll just save those calories so you can have a big dinner. Here's why that logic fails the test:”

Two things kick your metabolism into gear: exercise and eating. By morning your body has metabolized yesterday's fare and has no reason to do anything. So it sits on the couch and waits for something to happen. Flips on the tv and does nothing. Just waits. All day. The longer it goes with nothing to do, the lazier it gets, so when it does get something to work on, it does it halfway, making as little effort as possible. Like a lazy teenager, it needs to be prompted into action on a regular basis. Throw some food at it 3-5 times a day and it stays off the couch. It's got work to do

shoutjoy
on 4/1/14 8:47 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Here's how to keep from waving the white flag

“You started out strong and motivated, but now you're wondering if you can stick with it for the long haul (or whether you want to). Here's how to keep from waving the white flag:”

It's always darkest before the dawn. Wow, that's so (not) uplifting. Yet, when it comes to losing weight and getting in shape, it is true to some extent. Some days, it can seem downright hopeless. You may be wondering, "Will I have to eat salad the rest of my days? Is there no dessert menu in this new life? Are fried foods as dead to me as Colonel Sanders?" As you start losing weight and eating better, you'll probably make a lot of changes. Everything is so different from what you were having that the current menu seems as foreign as balut or ya shui tanga; believe me, you don't want to know what these are. You may really miss your old foods and the old habits - like sitting down to watch a movie with a big plate of nachos or a bowl of ice cream. How can you possibly just sit there, and jus****ch? If you do stick with it a strange phenomenon will occur: You will start automatically picking better choices. You may find you don't miss the larger portions at all, that you really are okay with having just a bite of chocolate instead of a big slab of cake, and that you actually crave fruit in the afternoon. Your whole perception of food will change. You may still occasionally indulge, but your indulgences won't be what they once were. Hang in there and you'll learn that the "new you" that is on the way will not only be okay with the "new you", but you'll wonder why you ever sweated it in the first place.

shoutjoy
on 3/30/14 6:55 pm - Culpeper, VA
Topic: Here's how to ground yourself

“You want to succeed and start eating right, but at every turn theres temptation. Here's how to ground yourself:”

"That's it! You're grounded!" Just like your mother after spilling red soda on the new carpet, you're going to have to be reigned in. Instead of your mom grounding you, it's up to you to do it yourself. Make some rules for yourself. Besides the, "going to go to the gym three times each week" rule, you need to set some others for eating well. You might pick the "no fried foods on weekdays" rule, or the "no sweets after supper" rule, or the "only one soda a day" rule. Pick a few rules that curtail your bad habits for the most part, and it will help you stay on track much easier.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views