You can Dress Her Up ... But ya Can't Take her Out ..

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/06 10:28 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Thanks to everyone for your well wishes .. !! Yea that's right .. Dress me up .. But do not let me walk and talk at the same time . Friday Night proved to be a big test for me .. I met Alan.. yes my new beau .. at Union Station Friday Night .. we decided to go have dinner at the Dubliner .. awesome Dinner .. and then he looked at me and said .. ya wanna go visit the monuments .. Sure she says as she looks down at her 3 inch heels .. We walked for what felt like miles to get to the capitol and I was just awestruck by the sites .. we where walking and talking and the next thing I know .. BLAM .. I hit the sidewalk .. and went down hard .. I looked up at Alan and said .. " I am going to pass out... it hurts so bad .. he scooped me up and called for help .. He being a federal police officer was able to get me ride in nothing less than a Pentagon Cop car .. now that was pretty cool .. they took us back to Union where Alan got his car and there we where off to the ER .. for what lasted a lifetime .. to find out that yes .. Tink has broken her ankle in not one .. but 3 places .. my Cupoid bone .. LOL .. Alan .. is someone that I have been seeing for about a month and I was having mixed emotions about him .. not sure .. wanting more but yet not wanting more .. I found myself truly in the arms of an angel . This man took such good care of me .. we could not do much Saturday so .. he goes to Block Buster .. calls me from his cell.. and goes thru the entire selection for me.. and all the movies I liked ..well .. He came out of there with .. So we snuggled all day Saturday .. me and my pain meds .. I drooled on him .. and he never complained .. we laughed and talked and honestly you all .. it was the best thing that could have happend to me .. it made me see alot in him .. So Sunday he puts me on the train back to Richmond .. he even boarded with me .. held my hand until he had to go .. and FINALLY .. FINALLY LAID ONE ON ME .. that meaning .. a wet passinate kiss that I Had been waiting on for a month .. my first thought was Dang .. you could have been doing that all weekend .. but you must understand that Alan is all gentleman .. .. Thank God for the kiss .. it only solidified how I felt about him .. So today I am off to call the Orthopedic Doc to see what they are going to do with me .. Home from work .. Again .. thank you all for your well wishes .. and Thanks to Dianna my Baby Moon for coming up to visit me .. I love her yall .. she is the best friend anyone could have .. you gotta know how wonderful she is .. Well.. take care .. I am off to gimp off to get me a protein shake .. LOL Miss yall .. and love ya bunches .. Tink ..
(deactivated member)
on 5/7/06 10:39 pm - Remington, VA
Natalie, I think if all ya wanted was a kiss you could've asked for it.....didnt have to go to such extremes to get one!!! hahaha! So romantic though, he sounds like a real prince! Good for you--you go girl! Kirsten
Kathy & Rich
on 5/7/06 10:55 pm - Fairfax, VA
Tink, You see...a kiss a month in the waiting that comes after an ordeal like this means so very much then one a month ago just for the sake of kissing. You'll remember this one for a very, very long time! And I'm sure there are plenty more where that came from. Cuddling and being cared for is a wonderous thing. Take good care of that foot! Lots of protein - heal, heal, heel... LOL! Hugs, Kathy
Kathy & Rich
on 5/7/06 10:56 pm - Fairfax, VA
Oh and I just love the Dubliner! Haven't been there in years and years. Ah, many fond memories... Kathy
Michele R.
on 5/7/06 11:24 pm - Pittsfield, MA
Heya Tink...Glad to hear you are home now and safe. Sorry to hear about your injury but oh what a romantic man you have there. He sounds like he really is a Gentleman! Amazing how a cruddy accident turned into such a romantic weekend!! To me it sounds like your ankle was really tired from all that walking and in three inch heels nonetheless! You are a trooper lil tink! Hang in there and prayers that your ankle heals nicely. Hugs! Shele
Kitty Kat
on 5/7/06 11:27 pm - Richmond, VA
I'm SO glad you are in good spirits sweetie & I'm figuring it MIGHT have something to do with the handsome Alan! I'm glad dinner & the sites were nice. Aww such a wonderful story. He sounds absolutely fabulous and I'm betting you are smiling from ear to ear (minus the ankle probably giving you a big fit). My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope that the orthopedic doc finds nothing more than you needing to heal over the next few weeks. Get well soon beautiful! Kat
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/06 12:05 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Natalie ~ I'm so sorry to hear about the ankle and hope the pain is manageable SOON! ....I have to say, even with the bad news, I absolutely loved your post!!! No, not cause you hurt yourself, that absolutely sucks! I can't even imagine the pain you're going through right now, Ive (thankfully) never had any broken bones - too many years of sedentary living, probably? Anyway - Im getting side tracked, I loved the post because this truly was an EYE OPENING weekend for you, in many ways - ALL, but the broken bone, being positive. Hey? Anyone else catch the irony in which bone was broken? If you glance at it quick enough, what do you "see"? The.... CUPID (cupiod) bone! Coincidence? I think NOT! I'm so glad Alan was there for you, in SO MANY ways. All that being said, Im really sorry about the fall. I can't even imagine the pain, the closest I've come to ever hurting a bone, was over shooting my B-12 shot. The needle bounced off the bone in my upper arm and sent me through the ceiling. Eeeeeeeeeek! Enjoy those pain meds, take the protein shakes through an IV if you gotta - you can never have to much for healing. Oh, and maybe INCREASE your calcium citrate? It might help promote the bone healing ...uh, that's based on nothing more then Lei-Logic, I don't really know if it'll help at the point of a break. Just don't over do it and take it SLOW - you need to be healed/rested before the end of June! Hugs and Love ~ Lei
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/8/06 12:21 am - Danville, VA
Awww, My Sweet Tink...Talking to you this morning...I could hear your happiness...not about the ankle but how wonderful your new man is. He sounds like a true Knight in Shining Armor...what a doll baby. He sounds like just what my Tink needs. If you need any help, you know I can just crawl in my old car and be there in about 3 hours give or take a few to get ready...I love ya and please let me know how "Mom" is doing...give her my love. Well, I finally convinced Jim that he really did have to go to work....hehe. He is his own boss so he is not gonna get in trouble. He was supposed to be there at 9:30 and didn't leave here until 10....and he has an hour drive. Bet he will be back by Wednesday, hehe...He has it bad.... Must be the season. Hugs, Sweetie and if you need me call. Betsy
kabarron1
on 5/8/06 12:34 am - Hopewell, VA
Nat, Awwhh! I'm sorry about the ankle! I hope it heals properly; but at least Alan did try to kiss it and make it better. Good luck and heal quickly. I'd hate to see you in June trying to shake your moneymaker on the dance floor with a cane. Keith
amyb66
on 5/8/06 1:25 am - Bolling AFB, DC
Tink, I am so sorry that you were injured and I pray that you will make a speedy recvovery! BUT...how awesome your story is...he might just be that prince charming that you have been longing for :=) There are not so many that we consider to be "gentelmen" anymore...a kiss at a month...so sweet!!! Good luck, Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views