What are your favorite foods/drinks???

TammyNVA
on 5/8/06 12:06 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Hi Amy, I'm about 5 1/2 months post op. I can eat pretty much anything I want, but I stay away from bread and starchy stuff... mostly because that stuff fills me up after a bite or two! When I'm faced with a situation of tempting goodies, I ask myself "is this a special occasion?" Then, if something really is VERY tempting, I decide whether to invoke the "three bite rule." This I have made up for myself, saying that, I can have up to 3 bites of anything, but the "three bite rule" can not be used more than once per week. It makes me feel like nothing is off lmits and I feel a much more healthy outlook on eating. By the way, sometimes I decide to only eat one bite, AND I've been known to spit out the first bite and therefore, REVOKE the "three bite rule." I focus my meals around protein: chicken (dark meat mostly, since it's moister,) juicy steak (not dried out.) fish of all kinds as well as shrimp (which fills me up quickly too.) I add veggies, a tablespoon or two, to each meal. Salads, well, since they don't have much protein in them, unless added, I don't eat too often. When I do, I try to eat them 30 minutes or so before my meal. That way I can digest and make way for the protein. I've past the point of being scared of my pouch and, therefore, have tested the limits. The only time I ever actually threw up was with chicken that got stuck. A couple of times, I've taken in too much sugar (twice accidentally when a "sugar free" drink was NOT) and felt very weird and sweaty. Fatty stuff doesn't make me dump, unfortunately, but I still limit my fat intake as I'm trying to LOOSE fat, not add it!!! I don't have a scale, and haven't been to the doctor in over a month, so I don't know my weight loss right now, but I'm sure it's getting close to 100 pounds! I go back to my surgeon the last week of this month, and I'll be sure to report in on what I find. The best advice I can give is follow the plan you are given. If you have concerns or questions, don't hesitate to post them here! Congratulations on the 30 pounds! Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views