EGD/IV Stress Test

Michele R.
on 5/5/06 11:26 pm - Pittsfield, MA
Hey you all! Wowsers! Finally completed all of my pre op testing yesterday. All in all it wasn't to bad until the IV Stress Test for Cardiovascular! All I can say is "Is that what it feels like to have a heart attack"? The Stress test was very scarey for me. All I kept thinking was what if I code on this table.....I was very scared. I kept telling the ppl that were doing the test that I was scared. AMEN it is over. I was a little upset. My friend surprised me and came for them stress test because she knew I was a bit anxious about it and they had her leave the room. I really could have used her in there with me. Grumbles!!! Anyhow...*talking to self* CHIN UP MAMI! You are almost to the starting gate! YAHOO! *laughing* Oh yeah and the throat prep for the EGD...ain't that a beauty? I especially loved the swallow that appeared to be KY JELLY! Oh the questions zipping through my mind then. LOL Finally they put the sleepy juice in my IV and the last thing I remembered was the bite block being put in my mouth and I was OOOOOOOOOOOUT! Only a TINY bit of a hoarse voice other than that NOTHING! **big smiles** Hugs! Shele
Kathy & Rich
on 5/6/06 12:18 am - Fairfax, VA
Shele, Glad your tests are over!!! Ewww, you had to swallow some stuff before your EGD? Geez. I didn't have any prep other than the IV and having to bite down on the block. That's all. Just think you are that much closer to the big event! Best wishes, Kathy
Christine Hood
on 5/6/06 11:45 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Wow! Is all of that normal? I scheduled all of my preop stuff and the only "tests" I need now are blood tests. I then have an education day/final nutrition class and one more meeting with the surgeon. They mentioned nothing about any other tests and I have scheduled everything...weird. Anyway, glad it's over for you Shele! Christine
Michele R.
on 5/6/06 10:51 pm - Pittsfield, MA
Yeah Ladies I had three things I had to swallow to prep my throat. In the long run I was very glad though because I had no sore throat just a hoarse one for a *****ristine....the testing depends on your specific surgeon AND your body. I have a bunch of comorbs that probably flagged in his mind to "Check before anything goes any farther". I had bloodwork done. Meetings with the surgeon and Life Skills Person. Support Groups I had and willingly attend. The nutritionist. EGD. URQ U/S. Persantine Stress Test/Scan, and a Psyche Eval. There are a few other tests that are asked of some other patients but I didn't need them. I hope this clears it up for you. Hugs! Shele
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views