Acid Reflux

Kitty Kat
on 5/5/06 9:25 pm - Richmond, VA
Good morning all, Has anyone experienced Acid Reflux further out post op? I'm just about 3 1/2 years out and am wondering if this is an issue others have had. If so, what do you take? Also, could this be a sign of something more serious? Thanks a bunch! Kat
Michele R.
on 5/5/06 11:15 pm - Pittsfield, MA
Hey Kat....sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I know how much it stinks! As a matter of fact the other day when I had my EGD they found an ulcer in the fundus and a small hiatal hernia. And they prescribed to me a med called PROTONIX. You might want to ask your doc about that. It is a slow release med. You should call your doc and talk to him/ her about this problem though. You don't want it to cause more damage to your esophogus OR any other parts that it normally burns up. I hope you find the answers soon and hopefully my post has helped a lil. Hugs! Shele
Kitty Kat
on 5/6/06 10:13 pm - Richmond, VA
Hey Shele, Thanks for your reply. I'm certainly talking with my doc(s) this coming week about a couple of things. I've taken Protonix before following both my strictures which happened just over a year post op. Your post has helped. Thanks! Kat
Chyanne2u
on 5/6/06 12:52 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Kat, I am pre-op so I don't know if this information will helpful or not. I had a terrible bout with acid reflux. Thought I was having a heart attack and ended up in the ER once it got so bad. Later I found it was coming from gall stones. Once I had my gall bladder removed I've not had any other problems unless I eat something that totally disagrees with me. I don't know if you still have your gall bladder. I hear they take it out when you have a gastric bypass. One less thing I have to worry about when I get my surgery. LOL Sure hope you find an answer and start feeling better soon. Hugs Kathy
Kitty Kat
on 5/6/06 10:14 pm - Richmond, VA
Hey Kathy, Thanks for your reply. Wow not that's a nasty bout. I'm glad you are doing better. I had my gall bladder removed during WLS. Thanks! Kat
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views