Insurance Question

ebonie
on 4/20/06 10:26 pm - hampton, va
Hi All- I am hoping to have the Open RNY surgery with Dr. Thomas Clark and was wondering if anyone here in VA has BCBS of Alabama as their insurance carrier and if so, how long did it take for approval and if they were not approved, what obstacles did you face. What they ask for with requirements seem pretty easy but almost a little too easy. Any info would be helpful. Also, I read somewhere that you can check your approval status online with BCBS. If this is true, could someone tell how to do that? Thanks for any info. Ebonie
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/06 5:44 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Ebonie (love the way that's spelled) .... I don't know anything about your insurance carrier - I have TriCarePrime, but I still wanted to say HELLO!! If you don't rec'v any specific replies to your BCBS questions, don't give up on us. It could be that those that have the insurance didn't sign on today, or havent had a chance yet, and may see it later -- or it could be that you'll want to REPOST the question with "BCBS" in the reference column. I dunno - I found that when I used to post questions a lot, that the time of day, or day in general could make a big difference on replies. Especially if you ask something at the beginning of or during a weekend - the board slows down and picks speed back up on Monday. Welcome to the board - it's nice to meet you! Good luck to you - Lei
ebonie
on 4/21/06 6:22 am - hampton, va
Thanks Leilani, I love your name also. Let me first say thanks for welcoming me. I have been visiting this site a lot since I decided to start this journey. It has been very helpful with lots of information and answering lots and lots of questions. Reading about others experiences makes the journey a little bit easier. Second, let me say that you look great. I was looking through your pictures and you look FABULOUS!!! I may repost the title as you suggested with the BCBS. I will wait through the weekend though. The title was a little vague. Thanks for greeting me. Ebonie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views