Virginia Beach residents Help

prissy25
on 5/4/06 5:19 am - Barboursville, VA
Im needing a place there to stay July 3-5 I understand its expensive this time of year but I ahve friends camping @ General Booth Blvd, w/ a cpap its kinda hard to camp but we would like to go down for a few days at a resonable cost. can you give me a hand. I here it may be cheaper for call in reservations than what Im finding on line. Thanks...
Sporty Jill
on 5/4/06 5:43 am - Norfolk, VA
Unfortunately, that's 4th of July weekend and that's a huge tourist weekend here. You might think about staying closer inland, but unfortunately, that may put you away from your friends. But, there are several places at Independece Blvd that might be reasonable. But, remember: 1. Independence Blvd is about 20+ minutes from the beach (or General Booth Blvd), and 2. It's the summer, so the rates everywhere aren't what i would call reasonable 3. Are there still rooms left anywhere? I know that camping for Memorial day at Lake Gaston has been booked solid for about 3 weeks now (yes, I got my spot!). Jill 263/180/145
Ernurse323
on 5/4/06 9:22 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Yeah..that is a busy time for this area...a madhouse. Do an online search for hotels in Virginia Beach to find the lowest priced hotel with the accomadations you are looking for. Good luck !!! Dana
Carole V.
on 5/4/06 11:06 am - Virginia Beach, VA
If your friends are camping at the Holiday Travel Park on Gen Booth, I know they also have little cottages with electricity and A/C available for those who don't want to rough it. My company has had it's summer party there, and people always stay overnight so they don't have to drive after drinking. You might give them a call to see if anything is available that weekend, but it may be booked by now. Good luck. Carole
track
on 5/4/06 2:30 pm - on the beach down by the bay, VA
They also have cabins at the KOA across the street on Gen Booth from HJoliday Travl Park, I understand how hard it is to combine camping and cpap's...It might be a stretch, but First Landing State Park have some very nice fully furnished cabins off of shore drive also.
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/06 9:18 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Yikes - Fourth of July weekend is gonna be a tough one! I (unfortunately) don't know enough about rentals in this area to help you. We've never had the need to stay at any of the cabins or hotels, because we obviously live here. The few hotels that we have stayed on (on the boardwalk) have all been part of PACKAGE deals .... ie, the NewYearsEve Package at the Cavalier Hotel. So I know that type of information is not going to help you any. One GREAT website that'll tell you ALL you ever wanted to know about Virginia Beach, and more, is this one: http://www.vbfun.com/visitors/default.asp Maybe you can get some "ideas" of where you'd like to stay - by looking through the hotel/motel/cabin options - then try to BID On it with Priceline.com? You can always bid LOW and if they can't match your bid, you're not out anything but the time. Good luck to you - I don't do the "camping/dirt/sweat and bugs" thing well - hook me up with a fluffy bed and walls to keep the skeeters out! - Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views