Vacation plans

prissy25
on 5/4/06 1:15 am - Barboursville, VA
We are trying to get to Va Beach on July 2-5 any ideas of places to stay? My friends are camping on General Booths Blvd, not my cup of tea though lol.
Tam
on 5/4/06 3:18 am - Richmond, VA
How much are you looking to spend and do you want ocean front or not? I could check into my time share for you if you want. Tammy
cheryl_jagow
on 5/4/06 4:10 am - CHESAPEAKE, VA
There are lots and lots of places to stay, but you need to do it soon because they book up fast. Do a google search you can find alot..
cathya
on 5/4/06 4:40 am - Orlando, FL
There are a million hotels/motels there. Is price the first consideration or the location? Are you military, if so you could try and stay at the Ft Story guesthouse. Maybe one of the VB folks can best assist you? Cathy
Divalicious
on 5/5/06 3:38 am - chesapeake, VA
I'm not one for roughing it either. Remember, Virginia Beach is a BIG city (largest resort city in the mid-atlantic). The good news, there's dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of hotels. Bad news, not all of them are on (or even near) the beach. As a matter of fact, there are some that can be an additional 1/2 hour from the oceanfront. Even though I live in Chesapeake my husband and I like to "run-a-way" for the weekend and go to either Virginia Beach or the Outer banks in NC and spend the night in a hotel. Here are some suggestions. The Quailty Inn (the one on the Oceanfront on Atlantic Ave) is nice and not expensive. Also, the Best Western is nice but there are two of them one on the oceanfront/beach and one just off. If you have a little more cash there's a wonderful Ramada (again look for the one on the Oceanfront) that is great!! Also, they just opened a Hilton on the beach as well. Just make sure you ask if it is on the beach or oceanfront. You may want to hurry - they book very quickly around this time of year. Good luck, take care, and be blessed. Janel
David@Goal
on 5/7/06 6:10 am - VA
Try the Colonial Inn- the ocean view rooms are just "ok"- but the price is right and who spends time in their rom at the beach anyway? I am in the hotel biz and could spend more to stay in a nicer place - but why bother? I'd rather eat lobster!!! David ps: Have a blast- we LOVE the beach and go a few times each year- A beach house rental one week in Outer Banks- and a few 1 or 2 nighters to VA Beach!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views