Called Insurance company today....

Chyanne2u
on 5/2/06 11:53 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Everybody, I just couldn't wait to hear if I was approved or not so taking the advice of a "good friend" I called my insurance company today. It seems that my paperwork has been mixed up with the older paperwork that was submitted and denied twice last year. They were not sure who my doctor was.....and ask me if I was seeing Dr. Schroder or Dr. Hutcher. I explained my situation and how I changed doctors in October, did the 6 month diet they required and just had that submitted last week. He went on to tell me that it was showing "incomplete clinical study". Now what the heck does that mean? I thought I had jumped through all the hoops necessary to get an approval. Well, he did tell me that Hillarie was on top of it and had appealed. So I called Hillarie and she said she was waiting for a call back from the insurance company and as soon as she heard something she would be in touch with me. So the wait continues............Hopefully the next post will be an approval. Lots of Love Kathy
Michele R.
on 5/2/06 12:17 pm - Pittsfield, MA
Oh Kath! I have SO been where you are now! It was horrible. You must keep track of everything in your head or on paper. When I call my ins co I have to say ok this time I am calling about the paperwork sent in on...*whatever date the office this time sent it in on*. They sift thorough it all and sometimes even then make mistakes too. Hold your hat...it might be a bumpy ride but it sounds like your WLS office has things under control. Hang in there Beautiful! Keep the faith! I am behind you hon. I am RIGHT where you are now...waiting. Talk about Stress...I feel your pain...excitement....and anxiety! We will be just fine! Best of luck! Hugs! Shele
Chyanne2u
on 5/3/06 10:18 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Shele, Thank you for your support and your concern. At this point I really need someone to feel my pain. Just don't want it to be you!! I want the insurance company to pain. I really wish there was something I could do to push things along but I guess being patient is about it for the time being. I am taking Natalie's advice and I am going to call them every morning until I hear something. I will say that Commonwealth Surgeons are on top of things and have been wonderful in getting all the necessary papers in order for me. Now if the insurance company would get their mess together. Well I guess they are dragging their heels because they don't want to shell out that kind of money on an operation. But they didn't mind all the other surgeries I have had. All of which were in one way or the other weight related. LOL Funny how that works. Again, Shele....thank you so much for your love and support. I can feel your concern and it means everything to me. Lots of Love Kathy (^.~)
*~Tigger~ *
on 5/2/06 12:21 pm - Staunton, VA
Kathy, Hang in there, girlfriend! It can be a long road, but you'll get there! I was denied twice before finally getting my approval; it took over a year to get approved. Be strong! Once you do get your approval, the time will fly by. JoAnn
Chyanne2u
on 5/3/06 10:23 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey JoAnn, I'm hangin' girlfriend...hangin' by the seat of my pants!! Hangin' by every thread in me. I'm afraid the thread is going to break....that or my everlasting nerve. LOL I am so tired to waiting but I will not give up. I will keep on and on until I get my approval. I have to do this for me and for my life. I want to live and I want the rest of my years on earth to be skinny ones. I am strong and it will take more than just a few days of denials...appeals & reviews to get me down. Tomorrow will be the DAY!!!! I will not give up!!!! Lots of Love Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/06 12:25 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
As I told you today . It will happen . You have to control it .. be in their faces every day .. This is your life .. you are the consumer here .. you and I have talked about this from day 1 almost . You have the patience of Jobe .. and I admire that about you .. ! I know you will hear those same words I heard almost 2 years ago .. Trust in him .. Natalie
Chyanne2u
on 5/3/06 10:30 am - Kings Mountain, NC
My Sweet Natalie, You have been the wind beneath my wings and thanks to you I am pressing forward. I am calling and calling and I will not give up.....I confess....believe and testify that tomorrow will be my day.......I will get my approval tomorrow. I am excited just thinking about it. I am professing my faith in God and believing Him to come through for me. It's been a long road but He's been with me every step of the way and I know that He will continue with me through it all.......my approval, my classes, my pre-op testing, my surgery, my recovery and most of all my success!!! I am going through....all the way!!!! Lots of Love Kathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/2/06 12:35 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie....I just know that you are going to get your approval...Some of us had to wait and I know the wait is miserable...been there and done that...but look where I am today!! Last year this time, I was in a miserable marriage, depressed, fat, I hated myself but my life has made a 350 degree turn around. I have never been happier...I am dating and really enjoying a wonderful life. Just don't ever give up..... love ya bunches betsy
Chyanne2u
on 5/3/06 10:35 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Sweet Betsy, Thank you for your love. I know all too well what you've been through and I see you now and it just about makes me cry for joy. You have come so far. I am so proud of you and all that you've overcome. You are inspiration for everyone on this board. I know if you did it then so can I. It's just so depressing knowing that the insurance company holds your very life in their hands!!! I will hang on and in and I will not give up......noway, no how......I've come too far for that now. I will let you know tomorrow when I hear the good news about my approval. Lots of Love Kathy
Chyanne2u
on 5/3/06 10:39 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Girl...... Where have you been? I missed you at the last meeting. I am thinking positive!! I am looking for an approval tomorrow!!! Hows that for positive? LOL And you are right.....if we are surgery buddys it would save Tink some gas......LOL Poor girl is going to be running herself silly with both of us down and out.......and in need of her!!! Don't tell her I said this but I think she loves it!!! She has been a great source of support for me and I don't know what I would have done without her. Now you hang in and let me know what you find out when you go see Dr. Hutcher. I take it that you've been approved already? Way to go!!!!! Lots of Love Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views