Terrible Day and Week ...

Ernurse323
on 5/2/06 9:00 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I haven't been replying or posting much this last week. It has been aweful. But today... Damned if I don't have a stricture !!! I spent all day at Sentara Careplex to get this diagnoised. Unfortunately, my doctor didn't think I had one, so for the last month I have been barfing and wretching like one of the Olsen twins. Then to make matters worse I got home and one of my catty neighbors called the zoning inspector on my new boat. Sheeeeshhhh..I have storage for it but it is a pain to take it there when I am right down the road from a place to launch it. The last week and a the half were some of the worst in my life. Today my sister's dog died. She had him 14 years. Tomorrow I am going to help bury him. Don't know how being a nurse lead me into being a funeral director... My life is sounding like a country song. Please tell me it will get better. Just thinking about having this stricture corrected uplifts my mood. Maybe things will start looking up after that !! Thanks to everyone who told me their story or offered good advice. I just kept hoping this would resolve itself...but it didn't. Dana
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/06 9:05 am - Remington, VA
Hey lady! I am so glad you found out what the problem is and that it's going to be fixed....but when? Dont they usually fix it as soon as they find it? Obviously I dont know about this! It will all get better! Your song can be titled "when it rains it poors." But the rain eventually does stop! Keep up the faith and smiles! lotsalove! Kirsten
Ernurse323
on 5/2/06 9:43 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey Kirsten, The radiologist has to fax his report to my doctor tomorrow. I guess I will wait to get a callback. I am able to keep most my liquids down so I don't think I am in real danger. My blood pressure was very low. I know in the ER we would have started IV fluids without a question..but I am not the nurse here and I really didnt want to have to get IV fluids for several hours. Thanks Kirsten...I just want to eat !!!!!!...lol Dana
Kathy & Rich
on 5/2/06 9:08 am - Fairfax, VA
Dana, Hope you get your stricture fixed very, very soon. Brighter days are definitely ahead. Feel better! Best wishes and hugs, Kathy
Ernurse323
on 5/2/06 10:02 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thank You Kathy !!!! Dana
Kitty Kat
on 5/2/06 9:23 am - Richmond, VA
Good evening Dana, Well, dang it gal I figured as much about the stricture and now that it's diagnosed and going to be fixed hopefully you'll be feelin' lots better here shortly. I tell you we are our own best advocate! Sorry you are going through a bunch of mess. It WILL get better. I have faith in God...give it to him and I have faith in YOU that you'll get through all this! Take care sweetie! Kat
Ernurse323
on 5/2/06 9:57 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks Kat !!! I sure hope so. Dana
Betsy Anitahug
on 5/2/06 10:01 am - Danville, VA
Hi Beautiful! Well, I am so glad you are going to get this taken care of...we all want Jessica Rabbit to feel better really soon...hehe...Sorry you had to go through this...I have been very lucky so far. Thank goodness...Let us know how you are doing and I miss ya bunches... Hugs, Betsy
Ernurse323
on 5/3/06 11:08 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Betsy...You are too silly !!!! How have ya been? How is the hair situation? And did I read you met someone? You go Hot mama !!!! Hugs, Dana
Christine Hood
on 5/2/06 12:08 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Jessica [Rabbit]! Glad to hear that you FINALLY found out what is wrong. You'll be back to normal in no time! Good luck girl! Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views