Summer Plans

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/06 5:21 am - Remington, VA
Kathy! I love sharing this kind of stuff with everyone and reading about what others will be doing! TY! My Mommy and Daddy will be visiting from the middle to end of June, and then taking my 13 yr old with them back home! This will be a first for us! He'll be gone for two weeks! I hope to build a pergola on our patio while Dad's here to help! We'll also do some traveling to the historic places up here in NoVA.....and probably head over to DC. The 4th of July, my fave holiday who knows? I love Colonial Wmsburg for it....but we've never done DC for the 4th! Ahh the possibilities! In the end of July the boys will go to summer camp for a week. The rest is still yet unplanned. My husband is from New Jersey so I'm sure we'll head there for a weekend. I'm enrolled in classes for the summer too...so that'll keep me busy! Kirsten
Ms Court
on 5/2/06 5:28 am - Remington, VA
I am definitely geting prepared for Boogie & Splash in June The it is off to VEGAS. I am sooooo excited. It will be my first time on a plane and wow I just can't wait. Other than that no plans except to patiently await the arrivals of my expected nieces/nephews in July/August and September/October. Courtney
MrsTonyaBrown
on 5/2/06 5:35 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hmm, not so fun summer plans here. May: cleaning and sorting out everything we own for our move back to FL in August. June: 10 day trip to FL for househunting. Have been trying our darnedest to come up with the bare minimum of $1200+ that this trip will cost with the gas prices. July: More cleaning and sorting and making final arrangments. August: moving back to FL and getting everything set back up. By the time hubby goes back to work in Sept. and we have everything set up the way we want it, summer will be over. Next summer will be much better. I'll have had my plastic surgery by then (tt and boob lift) so maybe I'll buy an actual swimsuit that doesn't have a skirt next summer. Hugs, Tonya 405/379/250/180 (high/surgery/current/goal)
Kelli
on 5/2/06 5:55 am - Portsmouth, VA
Wow until I started thinking about this I didnt realize how busy this summer will be for me. May: we are cutting down 3 big pine trees in my front yard. Putting in new windows in the house, new vinyl siding and floors in my kitchen and dinning room. My son has his senior pro and all of his soccer games. June: 1st weekend I will be at Va. Beach all weekend for Sand Soccer, i am so excited about that. The following week my son graduates high school 6/15 then that weekend we have his grad party, the weekend after that is the big Boogie and Splash weekend (yeha!!!) July: Big family camping trip weekend after july 4th, then sometime after that my son will be leaving for the AIR FORCE!!! So the rest of the summer after that, i will probably be depressed that my baby has gone. So will have to find stuff to keep me busy!! August: ????? not sure will have to see how things go. Sept: Will be running/walking in my 1st 1/2 marathon Love and Hugs, Kelli
Kathy & Rich
on 5/2/06 6:05 am - Fairfax, VA
Kelli, Are you doing the Rock n' Roll 1/2 marathon? To me, that seems like it would be the coolest for your first 1/2 marathon! I started running again a few months ago and got to 3 miles but my back (had surgery March of 2005) won't here of it. Too much pain so I had to give it up. Broke my heart because I love to run. I'll just have to live vicariously through you and other. Hugs, Kathy
Kitty Kat
on 5/2/06 5:57 am - Richmond, VA
Good evening Kathy, Fabulous question! I am so excited as we have many things coming up this Spring/Summer and are really looking forward to getting away and enjoying the sights and sounds of different states. Let's see... *10 days..the 4 of us are headed to Hatteras for a family vacation *2 major appointments coming up we're excited about *Celebrating birthdays like crazy in May, Jun, Jul & Aug *Helping my sister and her boys move and decorate their apartment *Several day/weekend trips to different states along the East Coast *Taking my first airplane flight (commercial) to Texas with my sister *Possible trip to Hershey, PA to visit the Hershey Park there Oh the list grows as does our excitement! Have a great Spring/Summer! Kat
Tam
on 5/2/06 8:30 am - Richmond, VA
We have busy times ahead of us a s well! We go camping every other weekend~~usually in NoVA. We are also going to Vegas (July), Va Beach (several times for weekend trips), Myrtle Beach (August for my birthday) and Florida (June when school lets out) and we are trying to make it to the boogie and splash. We do a lot of weekend get aways since DH does not get as much vacation time as I do. Camping, the beach, the mountains and visiting civil war and historical sites are some fav things to do. This should keep us busy! Tammy C
cappymoon
on 5/2/06 9:43 am - Northern, VA
Hi Kathy Well, I will be in Richmond in June....that is the first weekend off the bus, but it is back to the bus from July 5th till Aug 10th or so, depending on what they have me doing this summer. The month of August will be filled with football practice, so I have between the end of the conference and the 4th to plan something with the family, and I am not sure at this point what that will be (Although I promised my oldest with a trip in that time frame to VA Beach on a head boad for some fishing with his Mom He is turning 16 this Thursday, hard to believe he still wants to hang out with his mommy ) Other than that, nothing much planned..... Hope you are doing good, missed you last night! Dianna
Kathy & Rich
on 5/2/06 9:46 am - Fairfax, VA
I'm hanging, babe. Had my colonoscopy yesterday so was resting last night otherwise I would have come to the support group - you know me. Hope the meeting was good. Was there a topic or speaker? Sorry I didn't get to see much of you on Saturday night! I see Dr M on Thursday. We'll see what the plans are from there. Hugs, Kathy
David@Goal
on 5/3/06 12:03 am - VA
Kathy!! Fun Q! My summer is crazy time! I LOVE being at the pool - so anytime I am not working or playing taxi driver - that's where I love to be! June will be devoted to the summer event... Adam and Arielle will both be on swim team, so that takes care of Wednesday nights due to June & July swim meets. We got a beach house in Nags Head again this year, so headed there a week in July, where we will celebrate my wife's birthday - so peaceful there - hot tub with a beach view - awesome huge beach side pool/country club where you can kick back with a ****tail and soak up the rays while they entertain the kids bytaking them crabbing and making t-shirts! I MAY be headed to CA and Phoenix in August for a week on "business". I actually look FORWARD to summer now and being near nekkid - whereas I used to cringe at the mere thought of taking off my shirt in public! Life is good David
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views