It has been awhile... (Wow moments too!)

spaceystacey
on 5/1/06 11:05 am - Littleton, NC
I haven't been around much lately. Things have been hectic. Brian and I went through a rough patch, but I think we've finally got it all sorted out. Things are much better, now. I've lost 111 pounds so far. As of this weekend, I realized that I've lost 9 dress sizes. I've gone from a 24 to a 6! I have got rid of 11 and a half bags of clothes in the last several months. My closet was looking pretty pathetic and Brian took me shopping yesterday to beef up my wardrobe some. I bought clothes in Express. Even in high school, I could never wear clothes from Express. Well, yesterday I fit into a size 6. I was so blown away that I almost started to cry. I can truly say that I am a size 6 because the next store I went to was B. Moss. I got a cute pair of jeans there too! I guess that makes it official, right? Then we headed to Victoria's Secret. Having never been able to buy anything from there before my surgery, I had to ask about the sizing. Anyway, it was pretty mind blowing for me to be a size small in that store. The last store we went to was New York & Co. I bought two tops there and the lady put them in the smallest bag she had (like the bags they put accessories in) and there was room for more! I guess it is safe to say that I love shopping now. Even when I tried on things I liked on the rack but not on me, I didn't get discouraged. One of this biggest wow moments, though was when we got into the car. Brian was complaining about how tired and sore he was. I realized then that I could have kept going. The only thing that was bothering me was the fact that my back was a little stiff. But I have attributed that to all the working out I've been doing lately. My legs didn't the way they would have before my surgery. That really blew me away. My most recent wow moment, though, happend today. Brian's grandmother and aunt were visiting my next door neighbor (we bought the house from his aunt and uncle). I had just come home with some groceries. I called out to them and they didn't recognize me at first. They both told me that they didn't know who I was at first and kept telling me how great I look now. Anyway, I know this was kind of long, and I am sorry. I am not on much right now because verizon messed up our dsl. I am on dialup and it is so slow that I get too frusturated to wait for the pages to load. Verizon is saying that we can't reinstall the dsl now because they don't have services available anymore. I ordered cox's high speed internet today and they said we should be up and running by the end of the week. Hopefully it won't take too long! I hope everyone is doing well. I miss everyone and I can't wait to get back fully! hugs, Stacey
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/06 9:14 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Stacey, I peeked at your profile .. and gurl .. you have done an amazing job ! Glad to see you back here .. Keep up the great work.. and stay determined !! Very proud of you ~ Natalie
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/06 11:04 pm - Remington, VA
Stacey! You look awesome! I loved reading your wow story! Thank you! It's inspirational....can't wait to do some shopping like that! Kirsten
yvette223
on 5/1/06 11:13 pm - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
That is awesome, keep up the good work yvette
shoutjoy
on 5/2/06 10:34 pm - Culpeper, VA
I can remember a wonderful time when my husband took me shopping at Penny's. I was a wonderful size 4 at that time. He picked out about four outfits for me. It was a wonderful moment. Now, I need to come to grips with myself and realized I need to start working out and cutting out the destructive behavior I have been doing and eat better, take my vitamins. Health is something we should never take for granted and I have! Shame on me! I am so glad you had a good time. Paula
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views